October 24th, 2008

Police: Woman lied about bumper-sticker-linked attack

(CNN) - A Texas woman who told Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, police she was assaulted at an ATM by a man angered by a John McCain bumper sticker on her car admitted Friday she made up the report, the assistant police chief said Friday.

1. Bernard

She may be an disturbed or even an idiot, bu the real LOSER is the Media, including CNN for taking this story and running with it in the first place, maybe you guys should stay off of Drudge's site and learn to do better journalism on your own!

October 24, 2008 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  2. Mary

Real shame... many black men have suffered a great deal from such women. I'm thankful that she found herself and told the truth. Goes to show what people will do to get their way... selfish, self-centered.

October 24, 2008 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  3. INDEPENDENT WOMAN NOW FOR OBAMA

CNN SO WHY DO U STILL HAVE THE STORY ON THE TOP STORIES.

October 24, 2008 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  4. anthony

Now the woman admitted that she made up the story, McCain would probably recruit her for his campaign. If McCain is still using Joe the Plumber as a symbol for his campaign even though Joe is not a real plumber, she will fit right in.

October 24, 2008 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  5. Eunice

I am disappointed. Do you remember Susan Smith?

October 24, 2008 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  6. Carreen

I am no fan of the McCain/Palin ticket, and this lie is an escalation of reprehensible behavior during this campaign season. Still, there is nothing to suggest that the woman is linked to McCain. She is probably a rabid supporter who did a really stupid and, frankly, dangerous thing. Both sides have crazies and can't be held accountable for everything their supporters do. Scary, though.

It seems the divide in this country grows deeper and wider by the day. Can it really ever be healed? I'm not so sure. I have such deep and profound repulsion for so many of the philosophies and policies of the far right, and I know they feel the same way about my beliefs. How can we find some reconciliation so that the country can move forward?

I hope that the next President – and I certainly hope it's Obama – will make a real effort at finding unity at home. I think it's a taller order than peace in the Middle East at this point.

October 24, 2008 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  7. Turnabout is fair play

Even I said from the start, this was a lie. The fact that she had a BACKWARDS "B" on her face told me she had someone do this for her in a mirror. If it had been done by another person, it would not have been so perfectly done and it would NOT have been backwards. She should be prosecuted for making a false report and fined heavily.

October 24, 2008 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  8. Danielle

I wonder if she's on the GOP payroll? I love that Mccain and Sarah called her, too dang funny. I wonder how they are going to get the egg off of their faces.

Obama & Biden in 08' & 12"

October 24, 2008 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  9. Judy

Now...let's see if the fact that this idiot lied to boost McCain's sad ratings, also gets the publicity it should. Never has it been more evident that the McCain campaign "will say anything", regardless of the lack of any truth in it, to smear Barack Obama. Pathetic.
    Sarah Palin needs to go home to the great northwest wayyyyy out there near Russia, and John McCain just needs to go sit down somewhere...and be quiet.

October 24, 2008 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  10. Boman

Noah, The incident at Pallin rally is on video! it was not reported by an individual.

October 24, 2008 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |