October 25th, 2008

McCain aide: Palin 'going rogue'

, ,
Tensions within the McCain-Palin campaign are spilling into the public. A McCain aide told CNN that Gov. Palin is a 'diva.'

ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico (CNN) – With 10 days to go until election day, long brewing tension between Sarah Palin and key aides to John McCain has become so intense, it is spilling out into the public.

Several McCain advisers have suggested to CNN they have become increasingly frustrated with what one aide described as Palin “going rogue” recently, while a Palin associate says she is simply trying to “bust free” of what she believes was a mishandled roll-out that damaged her.

McCain sources point to several incidents where Palin has gone off message, and privately wonder if they were deliberate. For example: labeling robo calls “irritating,” even as the campaign was defending the use of them and telling reporters she disagreed with the campaigns controversial decision to pull out of Michigan.

A second McCain source tells CNN she appears to now be looking out for herself more than the McCain campaign.

Full story

Filed under: John McCain • Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
soundoff (1,131 Responses)
  1. Floridians against idiots in government

Sorry about the incorrect spelling of "against" in my previous blog

October 25, 2008 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  2. Wensley from FL

Lays on my couch, soda on my left, popcorn on my right.... JUST trying to enjoy the show!!! I have a feeling that it's not going to have a happy ending.

October 25, 2008 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  3. Dawn

Well it looks like Palin wants the top spot... Seeing 1600 Pennsylvania Ave in her grasp, not the VP mansion. I heard about the dissay in the RNC; but in the DNC seems work as usual. They are steady as a ship on a calm sea. Looking at the RNC well it is bumpy and people running off at their mouths. The 150,000 dollars of clothing? The cost of her make-up artist. Something about this makes you wonder. Even if McCain was in the lead, she could incidentally cost him the election.

She wants to hold news conferances, she is not bright, even Obama was a bit irritated about his telling about being tested, but seeing that the whole world wants Obama for Presidents and that is including our friends to the North.

Palin is a loose cannon, McCain is trying to keep from sinking into oblivion. Remember she had no clue to what a VP does... She could not answer any Supreme court decision that she did not agree on, she could not answer anything about Bankruptcy. She went on back to energy. She is a reformer when she wanted to stop scientist to continue to do go work.

Just read about what she is all about, I did... McCain said she is the most popular Gov. in the whole United States, well she is not mine, mine is Ed Rendell, he has more expriernce then she;
    1 he was a DA of Philadelphia
    2 he was a mayor of Philadelphia
    3 he was Gov. pennsyvania

I have no problem about people having guns, but if you live on the outskirts of a city that has the highest crime rate per capita, and drive by shootings? 5 Philly police officer were killed by criminal who should not have any guns.

I have to stop, but go out and vote, please.

Go Obama/Biden08/12

October 25, 2008 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  4. Tracy

She's a maverick right? What did the McCain camp think would happen? Can't wait to see who is the first to write a book about this campaign – talk about finger pointing. If Palin decides to run for the senate or the top job later on, she bertter be prepared for some interesting ads to be run. Remember, what goes around comes around – so be prepared because all of your talk in 2008 will come back to bite you in the end.

5. Christian Pro-Life Georgian

If anyone can get this message to Sarah Palin, I would appreciate it.

Dear Sarah,
    I really liked you when I first heard about you a couple of months ago. I thought that you were Godly and very likeable. However, I did not think that you were ready to be Vice President of the United States. I had already decided to vote for the Obama/Biden ticket, but you did cause me to take another look at John McCain.

But now, I hardly see the Christian values in your character that I thought would be there. The way that you talk down and try to belittle Barack Obama is offensive to me. You don't have to put people down to build yourself up. I thought that you would be a different type of politician... a Christian role model. But for whatever reasons, you have chosen to play dirty.

I have never voted for a Democrat before because I am Pro-Life. Yet, I have decided that I cannot be a one or two issue voter any more. I will be casting my vote for Barack Obama and Joe Biden. I believe that many Christian principles better are achieved under a Democratic policies (Healthcare for everyone, tax cuts to the majority of the people, and ending this nonsense war).

Sarah, I wish you the best and your beautiful family, but I can not give you my vote. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

6. David Peter

Like we didn't see all this coming..

7. Anthony Los Angeles CA

Ive been calling this woman dangerous from day 1.
    Yes, she plays the dumb role really good, BUT that does not detract from her motives. I beleive the Republican party will tear this woman down as quickly as they built her up.

This is scary, and telling of McCain's misjudgment in picking the right VP for the America

Obama' 2012

8. funnyitis

IF YOU ARE THAT AGREE WITH PALIN/MCCAIN, STOP WRITING COMMENTS, GET OUT AND VOTE, AND VOTE NOW.
    IF YOU HAVE ALREADY VOTED, THEN ASK SOMEBODY ELSE TO VOTE, OR MAKE A DONATION, OR WHATEVER YOU DO, PLEASE SPEND YOUR TIME AND ENERGY ON MAKING A POSITIVE CONTRIBUTION.

9. Tim

This is priceless. This infantile finger-pointing makes Hillary's campaign look orderly and adult. Sarah Palin has a history of looking out for herself only. When her husbands step-mother, who is pro-choice, ran to replace her as mayor of Wasilla, Palin hand-selected her opponent and openly pushed her supporters to campaign against her mother-in-law; when Palin's supporters called her mother-in-law a "baby killer," she just looked the other way and let the process take its course, which inevitably led to her understudy getting elected. Her record and personal history shows that she puts personal ideology and ambition above all else – including family – and she will do whatever it takes to make a name for herself.

The only problem is that John McCain was too caught up in his own dreams of becoming president that he willingly threw everything he believed aside and chose Palin as his VP. She was clearly not ready and not vetted, but she would not let that get in the way of her road to the White House. Fortunately she has proven that she is way out of her league, and the American people have not been fooled by this latest attempt to distort and gloss over a politician's character. She is an unqualified, uneducated, self-serving, erratic, extremist ideologue.

I am a life-long Democrat, but the GOP needs to dump this woman fast, for its own sake and for the sake of the country. We need a viable second party for our system to thrive, and Sarah Palin will burn down the GOP's tent if that's what it takes to get herself power.

10. cj

I have heard enough about Palin's executive experience, which she says is more than Baraack Obama. Running a state that is still under the federal guidelines dosen't give her a wealth of experience. Look at the population of Alaska, now look at the population of the United States as a whole, big difference. Can't answer questions put to her oops they forgot to rehearse that issue. Look at advisers of the repub. ticket. They don't seem to be so taken by her "maverick" back hills persona. What's happened Palin? Your foot getting to big for your mouth.

11. Sue T

From the beginning Palin has shown she is not VP material, and God forbid President........her interviews, her troopergate, her wardrobe, her lies, her values, her religion, and when you take a good look when McCain and Palin are together, McCain hangs his head, This was the wrong discission to make her VP, they knew it then and now they are regretting it........McCain boasts about Change, the only change he has is changing his mind from day to day, he isn't consistant on any issue, he seems to know (or think he knows more) about Obama's policies than his own.........This is a sure sign of OLD AGE. If you don't think the terrorists of the world and other countries aren't going to test McCain you are crazy.......he would be the first to be tested, to see what a 72 year old man and his VP that is short a few bricks from a wagon load.......what they would do..........and with McCain's Love for War mentality he would put us into World War III

12. susan

All it took was a little time for the truth about Sarah Palin to become apparent.

First, she proved - repeatedly - that she can't field a simple question with an intelligent answer. Then, she claimed to be vindicated in the "troopergate" investigation - despite publicly-available evidence to the contrary. Next, we learned that the RNC has spent almost $200,000 on her wardrobe and makeup (more than was spent on the foreign policy advisor, and it shows). And now we hear that - surprise! - she's in this for herself.

John McCain will regret selecting her for the rest of his life. Hopefully, the rest of us won't have to suffer along with him. I'm disgusted. And I'm voting for Obama.

13. Michael in NC

I don't want this person to be my vice president. I'll take Biden over Palin any day of the week. The guy may not be as smooth a talker as Barack (Who is?!), but nobody can deny he's a good man.
    OBAMA '08

14. Tony

I SAID FROM DAY ONE THAT THIS INCOHERENT, INCOMPETENT, BABBLING DIMWIT WOULD TORPEDO MCCAIN AND HIS CHANCE TO WIN.

NEVER BEEN HAPPIER TO BE RIGHT!

15. Peggy Foraker

Isn't her 15 minutes up yet?

16. Jason

The advisors are confirming who the real Palin is. She is a mistake for our country. No McCain. No Palin. Wake up America, we already know the effects of a White House that worries about self goals and agenda. Vote Obama!

17. BJ, CA

That's the Alaskan Way...
    Todd's not standin' around for his health..wink, wink.
    Sarah's lack of knowledge is more relied
    upon for that help of her number one dude..except
    for when Thomas Muthee is needed...

October 25, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  18. B. Thompson

WOW!!!!!!! What a surprise

October 25, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  19. ryan

Country First?

October 25, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  20. john

By "diva" I think they mean "maverick." Serves them right.

October 25, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  21. j

I think this was predictable. Just look at how well she treated fellow Republicans in Alaska. I'd like more of the real Sarah Palin to come out just so people would see who she really is before they cast their vote.

October 25, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  22. Bill, N.M.

This women is a huge danger to america, uneducated and disconnected except for the republican christian base. If McCain had picked a women like Kay Baily Hutchenson I would not be so petrified if a 72, four-time melinoma cancer victim got elected.
    Can you imagine what would happen if Palin ended up as President, this is a women who believes in the RAPTURE the first time a foreign country went after us ...would Palin push the RED BUTTON?

October 25, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  23. alaskan

that is what she does, good that you realized..

look at her past...she kicked out the Mayor of Wasilla who encourged her to join the city council. The then Alaskan governor, asked her to be his lieutanant and then again she back stabbed him to become governor. It was long time coming but I knew that would happen.. Good luck Mcain

October 25, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  24. TexasGuy

Palin was McCain's wrong choice. McCain failed in his first presidential test. President's first test start with selection of running mate. And McCain judgement was absolutely wrong. He went after glamour than substence. In his opinion Obama is a celebrity, so he thought to counter Obama with Palin the celebrity. But he ignored basic thing and that thing is qualification. I seriously doubt McCain judgement.
    Other failed judgement of McCain was keep doing negative campaign even if it was not working. McCain failed to understand American's sentiment and current issues american facing then how can he understand the issue being faced by people of other part of the world. Obama is the best choice for this term, very balanced, very calm, takes correct decisions and right time. Do not lose his composure at time of crisis. Obama shows what is he during primary campaing and still showing what he is upto. He is real person and pain of normal american is in his heart.

October 25, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  25. tigerakabj

I just read about this on Huffington Post.

Keep up the bad work McCain and Palin. I knew that the negative energy you guys are spewing would boomerang back at you and you would destroy yourselves.

Keep up the robocalls, nasty ads, and trash talking.

Obama/Biden 2008/2012.