October 25th, 2008

McCain aide: Palin 'going rogue'

, ,
Tensions within the McCain-Palin campaign are spilling into the public. A McCain aide told CNN that Gov. Palin is a 'diva.'

ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico (CNN) – With 10 days to go until election day, long brewing tension between Sarah Palin and key aides to John McCain has become so intense, it is spilling out into the public.

Several McCain advisers have suggested to CNN they have become increasingly frustrated with what one aide described as Palin “going rogue” recently, while a Palin associate says she is simply trying to “bust free” of what she believes was a mishandled roll-out that damaged her.

McCain sources point to several incidents where Palin has gone off message, and privately wonder if they were deliberate. For example: labeling robo calls “irritating,” even as the campaign was defending the use of them and telling reporters she disagreed with the campaigns controversial decision to pull out of Michigan.

A second McCain source tells CNN she appears to now be looking out for herself more than the McCain campaign.

Full story

Filed under: John McCain • Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
soundoff (1,131 Responses)
  1. COL. ROBERT KAHN

SHE IS A REAL SLIME-BALL. WHAT AN EXCUSE FOR A GOVERNOR OR VP CANDIDATE. McPAIN SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE SELECTIVE. THIS IS ALL HIS FAULT. SHE LOOKS LIKE A SERVER AT HOOTERS.

October 25, 2008 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |
  2. weneedstrongleadership

oh, here we go, now there playing the blame game.

1. McCain tried the scare card
    2. McCain tried the anti-american card
    3. McCain tried the sympathy card
    4.McCain now trying the blame card.

Just shut up already McCain and go away.

You can't control your caribou-barbie while campaigning how are you going to be able to control her once you are President. I am an independent voter I tried to give you every chance to try and show me why I should vote for you. Yes, I will support Obama now, there team seems to be working pretty well together, yes there have been gaffes on Biden side but all in all they have been there pretty much together.

October 25, 2008 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |
  3. Bowser

Uh oh! Looks like the "Invisible Fence" malfunctioned and the "Pit Bull" wandered off the reservation.

October 25, 2008 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |
  4. BR

Its all for the world to see! Just another validation of McCain's very poor judgment he exercised in choosing Ms. Palin. And to harp on "Country comes First" was just an eyewash, truly exhibiting his desperation and lust for power.

October 25, 2008 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |
  5. MARY,FLORIDA

Palin dosent realize her political career outside of alaska is over.After this election the Republican party is going to redefine itself.And 1of the biggest reasons McCain wont win is because of her.She dosent get.

October 25, 2008 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |
  6. Joey TN

Why am I not surprised?

October 25, 2008 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |
  7. Rich

She's a joke. Plain and simple.

October 25, 2008 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |
  8. Matt B

Oh... I get it Maverick actually means Diva!

October 25, 2008 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  9. cs

how is anyone supporting this? For crying out loud, people, these are our lives you're playing around with!

October 25, 2008 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  10. Tom

Looking forward to 2012 already. I don't believe that Obama or McCain are going to provide the real leadership this country needs.

October 25, 2008 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  11. Joe

REALLY? DIVA? you could've knocked me over with a feather. Centrist Republicans, your party has been completely hijacked by a dumb religious wing nut. What am I saying, it was hijacked 8 years ago, now it's merely a formality.

October 25, 2008 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  12. Kate

It was obvious that she is inept and self serving from the start. Read the logs in Alaska! I find the comment in the article about her not being trusting with anyone including her family to be very revealing and interesting. Watch out for Sarah whenever she rears her head again.

October 25, 2008 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  13. erin

sarah Palin may be adiva but it will take her longer than 2012 to come back.She still has so much to learn and it seems to me like she takes stuff personally.like SNL forexample,how many politicians have red on SNL?

ANd her shoping spree,OMG! One wonders,did she miss out on so much when growing up?I just dont fathom what this woman thinks of americans.She is just taking us for aride....AND I HOPE U'ALL ENJOY coz i ain't coming along

October 25, 2008 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  14. Sarah Palin "Ready on Day 1-NOT"

"I'm a Maverick"

October 25, 2008 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  15. Aaron Bishop

I about spilled my tea on this one.
    The Governor who enjoys abusing power.
    The hockey mom who spends $150,000 on clothing.
    The hockey mom who said shes like you and I with $150,00
    and chooses not to spend it at a small independently owned
    business that might be owned by you and I?
    The AIP supporter going rogue?
    Oh no I can't believe she is going rogue(sarcastics added).
    Anyone dumb enough to put her in office deserves
    exactly what they get.

Just imagine what she will do if she were ever elected at a federal level.

John McCain chose a pit bull. I have always warned owners of pit bulls. Pit Bull have really bad ending stories.

October 25, 2008 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  16. jane in Columbus,ks

Mere words almost fail me at this time when even his campaign is admitting this beyond moronic female is a diva.How the man can continue to claim his maverick status when the entire world now realizes he no more had a voice in her selection as his running mate as the man in the moon did is beyond my comprehension and since he hadn't a voice in it and the " powers that be " did one has to question if even "they" properly vetted her or has this comedy been shock and awe to them as well? I predict the republicans going down in flames on Nov 4 but the larger question for them must be asked- Is this the future of the GOP?If so they best prepare themselves for a long hard winter of many many seasons out of power, out of voice, out of influence and hopefully out of sight.

October 25, 2008 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  17. chris

Gee they created a monster ......surprise, surprise !

October 25, 2008 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  18. voter

Palin has an arrogance about her that is not appealing. It is okay to be confident, but to be arrogant like Palin when she has no knowledge of the issues is a turn off.

October 25, 2008 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  19. Michael

Can we please stop with the dictionary bastardization from the Republican party? A diva is by definition "a distinguished female singer; prima donna" and unless Sarah Palin is a singer, she is in no more a diva than she is a maverick or whatever else they make her up to be.

How about they just say she is a woman, plain and simple. She has a husband and kids, she's the governor of Alaska and she's running as VP for McCain. The End.

October 25, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  20. tomiwa

Mccain's campaign is in a complete jeopardy. This shows that Mccain and Palin are not on the same frequency.

October 25, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  21. Ghost

LMAO Now they are learning who she really is. Guess she really wasn't vetted.

October 25, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  22. Jean

What judgement does this show of McCain?
    Poor judgement.
    I cannot afford a repeat of the last 8 years.
    Palin has nothing to do with the USA, she is out for herself.
    She needs to go back to Alaska and it looks like, make it a independant country that she can control. She is big on that.

I do not need this kind of person a few heart beats from the presidency.
    What happened to McCain? If you know please give me a call.
    His choices are not excusable.
    I will be voting for Obama.

October 25, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  23. No Country For Old Men

This is what a McCain and Palin voter will say on November 5, 2008?
    I was depressed last night, so I called a Suicide Hot Line.
    Got a freaking’ call center in Pakistan.
    I told them I was suicidal. They got all excited
    and asked if I could drive a truck. I give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Obama & Biden '08

October 25, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  24. Courtney F.

Time is Running Out for the GOP.....Karl Rove Politics didn't work this time!!!

October 25, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  25. Diana

The Mccain/Palin campaign seems to be sinking faster than the Titanic ship. If they are unable to manage and run a small campaign, how do they expect to manage a country that is in financial turmoil. It seems to me the answer is distinctly clear who to vote for in November. I have never seen such a level of disorganization!!

October 25, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |