October 25th, 2008

McCain aide: Palin 'going rogue'

, ,
Tensions within the McCain-Palin campaign are spilling into the public. A McCain aide told CNN that Gov. Palin is a 'diva.'

ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico (CNN) – With 10 days to go until election day, long brewing tension between Sarah Palin and key aides to John McCain has become so intense, it is spilling out into the public.

Several McCain advisers have suggested to CNN they have become increasingly frustrated with what one aide described as Palin “going rogue” recently, while a Palin associate says she is simply trying to “bust free” of what she believes was a mishandled roll-out that damaged her.

McCain sources point to several incidents where Palin has gone off message, and privately wonder if they were deliberate. For example: labeling robo calls “irritating,” even as the campaign was defending the use of them and telling reporters she disagreed with the campaigns controversial decision to pull out of Michigan.

A second McCain source tells CNN she appears to now be looking out for herself more than the McCain campaign.

Full story

Filed under: John McCain • Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
soundoff (1,131 Responses)
  1. judie

Does Sarah Palin want John McCains job? Maybe she cannot wait till the day she thinks she is going to take over. I wouldnt wish that on anyone...

2. HKK

Shocker!

This is great news for John McCain!

3. Bill Charlotte,NC

Surprise.... surprise... surprise!

You Repubs always did say she was smart; so, why be so shocked when she is "smart" enough to abondon this malignant campaign?

4. SD Demo

Palin was made into a star by the desperate McErratic campaign, and now they will bear the consequences. She is a remarkably ordinary person, not a star among Repub governors, and was never going to attract Hillary's supporters. If she becomes a/the face of the Repub party after this loss (in spite of undercutting whatever slim chance McErratic had), they will wander in the political desert for a decade or more. She is an "empty pants-suit."

5. Rudy Krueger

Lots of Canadians like me, have US roots and the shadow of the US falls over the entire of this country so I claim the right of a person more influenced by your affairs than most of your citizens – to comment.

How in the name of all that is holy can a person who claims Christian convictions lie through her teeth like she does. The Bible says, "All liars" are condemned – no reprieve for politicians.

6. lol!

Is anyone else reading this story laughing out loud? Did then NOT see this coming? Palin is out for self, not McCain and not this country. She is incredibly misguided in believing that the support is bigger than the curiosity.

Imagine if you will: Palin in front of the mirror with her eyes shut tight saying "I am going to be PRESIDENT...I WILL BE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES! They love me"...and clapping her hands with glee.

This is some SCARY stuff!

7. Dvon

CNN i dont know why you do not post my remarks but im going to talk anyway.
    The McCain-Palin ticket is imploding. They know there in for a huge loss because of misstakes and the economy, plus the fact that this a democratic year. Palin, for all her stupidity realizes this and is looking toward 2012. McCain is taking his last breathe

8. attila

McCain made the biggest mistake ever choosing Sarah Palin. McCain has become the worst of the worst of all Republicans, The very thing he hated about his own Republicans. He has become the next G.Bush Jr.

9. ginger

This woman will NEVER be President of the United States.

10. Harry

Ah ah ah!

McCain is suddenly regretting all the millions of dollars he spent trying to label Obama as "the biggest celebrity in the world".

Look at it now! She spent $150,000 just last month. She is the greatest celebrity in the world. But is she ready to lead?

McCain's ship is sinking. The dogs are turning on each other.

11. Blake

Is this really a surprise? She seems like a psycho-bat-woman who's been reading too much of her own press. But she's really good-looking so people keep letting her get away with it. Go back to being a hockey cheerleader!

12. kl4Obama

I guess she is showing her real colors as "Palin the Reformer". She not only takes on her own party, she takes on her partner–the man who put her on the ticket! I guess she is saying, "thanks but no thanks John, I'll reform you too so I can get ahead!" He's like the bridge to nowhere, she supported him, but now is against him. She is clearly someone with her own agenda, and poor McCain has been used just like other Republicans who were nice enough to let her join the playing field, only to be stabbed in the back. That's Palin for you! Is it too late for McCain to change his VP pick? If I were him, I'd be scared.

13. Nawlins Dawlin

Imagine that!!! McCain's attack dog has turned on him. Palin has sipped from the devil's cup and she feels powerful. The free clothes, adoring fans (idiots) have a created a monster. IF McCain did get into office she would set him up with in the first 6 months to be impeached or worst.

Today I saw an "I love Palin" bumper sticker, so some have already dismissed McCain. I hate it for him... but that's what he gets!!!

14. Jack, Texas

Sarah Palin AKA Gift from heaven

15. Jeff

What I love about the GOP ticket:

Most of the Republicans who respect McCain can't abide Palin and most of the Conservatives who love Palin can't stand McCain.

I've love to read a behind-the-scenes book about this election when it's all over. Funniest campaign EVAH!

16. sssssamiam

Nothing is surprising me at this point. This one is going down in the annals of history as the WORST. CAMPAIGN. EVER.

It's careening into one giant avalanche of FAIL.

17. Myrock

Palin maybe looking out for Palin but remember... Even is she's not looking at running in 2012... She must still try to keep her "Cush" job as govener of Alaska.

She may now lose that as well now that her gaffs has gone out to the world.

Bottom Line, we need to change the topic from Palin to how we will bring this country together on Nov. 5th.

Bring it Together America! Vote 08'... Hopefully for Obama

October 25, 2008 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  18. Karen

figuring out that a former beauty queen is a diva is hardly shocking!

October 25, 2008 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  19. Ron, Dunedin FL

The arrogance of the ignorant is a paradox of human nature.

October 25, 2008 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  20. David in West Virginia

The McCain Campaign is just learning what many of us knew all along, and that is that Sarah Palin's VP quest is a joke and she will be a has been just as soon as this election is over. So much forthe McCain Maverick style. He sold his soul to Karl Rove, George Bush and Company long ago and is finally reaping the fruits, "Sarah Palin" the Joke of the Nighttime TV.

October 25, 2008 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  21. Ted

I support the McCain-Palin ticket at first, but she has made me think twice about them. I'm not an elitist, but I think we need someone smart in the WH. The more I hear her answers, she doesn't appear that knowledgeable. She never really answers the questions, but just kind of goes around them, just talking points, no specifics.

And, I'm worried about her judgement in the latest news on spending on that money on her makeup and clothes. With American's losing their jobs and incomes, it just wasn't smart to let her handlers spend this kind of money on her. Her makeup alone, is what I make in one year! What kind of values are those?

October 25, 2008 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  22. Mike Redy

If John Mc Cain can't handle her how is he going to handle the Country,this is a clear picture of his short comings.

October 25, 2008 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  23. Catherine

If this is all the GOP has to look to in 2012 they are in pathetic shape. The woman is a grasping, self-serving climber with nothing to offer to the national scene. She actually was in over her head as a mayor of a tiny town. She was plucked out of obscurity and now has stars in her eyes. She will step on anyone who gets in her way. She does not, nor ever will, possess the qualities of a great leader. I think Katie Couric gave us a good idea of Palin's capabilities.

October 25, 2008 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  24. Sarah

The whole country is lucky that the Palin pick backfired...big time. I don't think we were ever ready for her.

October 25, 2008 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  25. Concerned Voter

I have serious concerns about Sarah Palin. She is a proven liar and I believe that if you lie, even after you have been proven to be a liar, then you can not be trusted. Tell me when those children go to school and where do they go? She is not a good mother, but she is using those children. If the average citizen was doing that, CPS would be hot on the trail and taking the children putting them in foster homes. My heart goes out to that little baby that she constantly drags around.

October 25, 2008 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |