October 26th, 2008

CNN confirms: Bill Clinton to campaign with Obama

ALT TEXT

Sen. Obama and former President Clinton greet supporters in Harlem after their September meeting. (Photo Credit: Getty Images/File)

(CNN) – In yet another sign that Democrats are putting the contentious and hard-fought primary season behind them, former President Bill Clinton will campaign with Sen. Barack Obama for the first time in Florida on Wednesday, according to Matt McKenna of the Clinton Foundation.

Sen. Hillary Clinton will not attend the event but did recently campaign with Obama in Florida, a crucial battleground state that CNN currently considers a toss-up.

The Clintons also recently campaigned together with Sen. Joe Biden and Biden’s wife, Jill, in Scranton, Pennsylvania, where both Joe Biden and Sen. Clinton have roots.

Obama met personally with former President Clinton in September at Clinton’s Harlem offices. Then, Clinton predicted that Obama would win in November “pretty handily.”

Filed under: Bill Clinton • Candidate Barack Obama • Florida • Popular Posts
  1. Jonathan Burton

BOOYAH!
    How dya like them apples McCain?
    Forward to election night....Obama wins by a landslide. McCain frowns and looks mad as heck. Someone tires to comfort him that "the best man didn't win," and "it was the media's fault."
    Sarah Palin wipes a tear away from her eye, and mutters "God help us." Meanwhile, the rest of the country and world celebrate for a steady week the victory of Barack Obama's well deserved and much anticipated bid for the presidency. Later the next day, the stock market surges ahead with the highest gains in a quarter, anticipating a better tomorrow for all.

October 25, 2008 06:12 pm at 6:12 pm |
  2. ryan

Democrats are unifying while Republicans are disintegrating! OBAMA 08

October 25, 2008 06:14 pm at 6:14 pm |
  3. Diana

Why I Can't Vote For Obama
    By Huntley Brown

Dear Friends, A few months ago I was asked for my perspective on Obama, I sent out an email with a few points. With the election just around the corner I decided to complete my perspective. Those of you on my e-list have seen some of this before but it's worth repeating...

First I must say whoever wins the election will have my prayer support. Obama needs to be commended for his accomplishments but I need to explain why I will not be voting for him.

Many of my friends process their identity through their blackness. I process my identity through Christ. Being a Christian (a Christ follower) means He leads I follow. I can't dictate the terms He does because He is the leader.

I can't vote black because I am black; I have to vote Christian because that's who I am. Christian first, black second. Neither should anyone from the other ethnic groups vote because of ethnicity. 200 years from now I won't be asked if I was black or white. I will be asked if I knew Jesus and accepted Him as Lord and Savior.

In an election there are many issues to consider but when a society gets abortion, same-sex marriage, embryonic stem-cell research, human cloning to name a few, wrong economic concerns will soon not matter.

We need to follow Martin Luther King's words, don't judge someone by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I don't know Obama so all I can go off is his voting record. His voting record earned him the title of the most liberal senator in the US Senate in 2007.

NATIONAL JOURNAL: Obama: Most Liberal Senator in 2007 (01/31/2008)

To beat Ted Kennedy and Hillary Clinton as the most liberal senator, takes some doing. Obama accomplished this feat in 2 short years. I wonder what would happen to America if he had four years to work with.

There is a reason Planned Parenthood gives him a 100 % rating. There is a reason the homosexual community supports him. There is a reason Ahmadinejad, Chavez, Castro, Hamas etc. love him. There is a reason he said he would nominate liberal judges to the Supreme Court. There is a reason he voted against the infanticide bill. There is a reason he voted No on the constitutional ban of same-sex marriage. There is a reason he voted No on banning partial birth abortion. There is a reason he voted No on confirming Justices Roberts and Alito. These two judges are conservatives and they have since overturned partial birth abortion. The same practice Obama wanted to continue.

Let's take a look at the practice he wanted to continue

The 5 Step Partial Birth Abortion procedures:

A. Guided by ultrasound, the abortionist grabs the baby's leg with forceps. (Remember this is a live baby)
    B. The baby's leg is pulled out into the birth canal.
    C. The abortionist delivers the baby's entire body, except for the head.
    D. The abortionist jams scissors into the baby's skull. The scissors are then opened to enlarge the hole.
    E. The scissors are removed and a suction catheter is inserted. The child's brains are sucked out, causing the skull to collapse. The dead baby is then removed.

God help him. There is a reason Obama opposed the parental notification law.

Think about this: You can't give a kid an aspirin without parental notification but that same kid can have an abortion without parental notification. This is insane.

There is a reason he went to Jeremiah Wright's church for 20 years.

Obama tells us he has good judgment but he sat under Jeremiah Wright teaching for 20 years. Now he is condemning Wright's sermons. I wonder why now?

Obama said Jeremiah Wright led him to the Lord and discipled him. A disciple is one in training. Jesus told us in Matthew 28:19 – 20 'Go and make disciples of all nations.' This means reproduce yourself. Teach people to think like you, walk like you; talk like you believe what you believe etc. The question I have is what did Jeremiah Wright teach him?

Would you support a White President who went to a church which has tenets that said they have a ..

1. Commitment to the White Community
    2. Commitment to the White Family
    3. Adherence to the White Work Ethic
    4. Pledge to make the fruits of all developing and acquired skills available to the White Community.
    5. Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting White Institutions
    6. Pledge allegiance to all White leadership who espouse and embrace the White Value System
    7. Personal commitment to embracement of the White Value System.

Would you support a President who went to a church like that?

Just change the word from white to black and you have the tenets of Obama's former church. If President Bush was a member of a church like this, he would be called a racist. Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton would have been marching outside.

This kind of church is a racist church. Obama did not wake up after 20 years and just discovered he went to a racist church. The church can't be about race. Jesus did not come for any particular race. He came for the whole world.

A church can't have a value system based on race. The churches value system has to be based on biblical mandate. It does not matter if itʼs a white church or a black church it's still wrong. Anyone from either race that attends a church like this would never get my vote.

Obama's former Pastor Jeremiah Wright is a disciple of liberal theologian James Cone, author of the 1970 book A Black Theology of Liberation. Cone once wrote: 'Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him.

Cone is the man Obama's mentor looks up to. Does Obama believe this?

So what does all this mean for the nation?

In the past when the Lord brought someone with the beliefs of Obama to lead a nation it meant one thing – judgment.

Read 1 Samuel 8 when Israel asked for a king. First God says in 1 Samuel 1:9 'Now listen to them; but warn them solemnly and let them know what the king who will reign over them will do.'

Then God says

1 Samuel 1:18 ' When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, and the LORD will not answer you in that day.' 19 But the people refused to listen to Samuel. 'No!' they said. 'We want a king over us. 20 Then we will be like all the other nations, with a king to lead us and to go out before us and fight our battles.' 21 When Samuel heard all that the people said, he repeated it before the LORD. 22 The LORD answered, 'Listen to them and give them a king.'

Here is what we know for sure.

God is not schizophrenic

He would not tell one person to vote for Obama and one to vote for McCain. As the scripture says, a city divided against itself cannot stand, so obviously many people are not hearing from God.

Maybe I am the one not hearing but I know God does not change and Obama contradicts many things I read in scripture so I doubt it.

For all my friends who are voting for Obama can you really look God in the face and say; Father based on your word, I am voting for Obama even though I know he will continue the genocidal practice of partial birth abortion.. He might have to nominate three or four Supreme Court justices, and I am sure he will be nominating liberal judges who will be making laws that are against you. I also know he will continue to push for homosexual rights, even though you destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for this. I know I can look the other way because of the economy.

I could not see Jesus agreeing with many of Obama's positions. Finally I have two questions for all my liberal friends.

Since we know someone's value system has to be placed on the nation,

1. Whose value system should be placed on the nation.

2. Who should determine that this is the right value system for the nation?

Blessings, Huntley Brown

October 25, 2008 06:14 pm at 6:14 pm |
  4. debchuck

Politics always makes for strange bedfellows, I guess, but there was never (NEVER) any question but that Bill Clinton would support Obama in an active role. The bottom line is that even disagreeing Democrats are better than any Bush-loving Republican!!

October 25, 2008 06:14 pm at 6:14 pm |
  5. nate

As a coach I always play my strongest lineup in the 4th Q. Bring it home baby!

October 25, 2008 06:16 pm at 6:16 pm |
  6. Faye of Ohio

The Clintons are looking better and better to me after hearing so much about the Palins. I was never a supporter of Hillary, but I always thought of her as honest and intelligent. Hillary is a regular Einstein compared to Sarah Palin. Both Clintons are super intelligent, and so is Barack Obama. We need BRAINS to get us out of the current mess our country is in, not the faux folksy antics of an inane former beauty queen like Palin. It is so scary to think that she, if McCain were elected, would be a heartbeat away from the presidency. Thank you, Bill and Hillary, for giving your support and presence to Barack Obama!

October 25, 2008 06:17 pm at 6:17 pm |
  7. Agalag

Well, now. Obama just lost my vote and any respect that I had for him as a politician. Bill and Hillary Clinton are nothing but white trash that got lucky. They have made millions off of the American people and are laughing all the way to the bank! We can thank Bill for a large portion of this current fiscal nightmare–ten years ago he was the president who promised "mortgages for everyone", and looser credit. everyone got credit–whether they could afford it or not. I was one of them. I remember the speech–where he literally promised taxpayers looser borrowing guidelines so that the average person could finally afford to buy a home of their own. Most everyone that I know had a house, good job, education, etc. long before Bill Clinton came along. During the Clinton years, I remember being shocked at some folks credit lines, borrowing ability vs. income, and I KNEW there was no way they would ever be able to pay it back. Well, it's now come full circle after ten years, and everyone is in deep. But not Bill and Hillary. The had nothing to begin with, went to school on our or our parents' dime, and made mega-millions off of us all. That is the legacy they left, and that shouldn't be forgotten. It's easy to blame George Bush, as he's the sitting president. But, economic disaster of this proportion takes years to fester before finally collapsing–just about ten years...

October 25, 2008 06:17 pm at 6:17 pm |
  8. From a Texas woman and Friends

October 25, 2008 06:17 pm at 6:17 pm |
  9. Ron was a REP now a DEM

Welcome aboard President Clinton

October 25, 2008 06:18 pm at 6:18 pm |
  10. mccain/palin = bush/cheney

It is nice to see Mr. Clinton back on the trail again.

October 25, 2008 06:19 pm at 6:19 pm |
  11. ruty

Go Obama. Go Bill. I think we can do this.

October 25, 2008 06:19 pm at 6:19 pm |
  12. John

The Obama camp is playing a near perfect game. Wonderful timing. Bring out the last big democratic gun as the closer. This will get huge coverage in the press – Florida and national – on the eve of the closing of the race, pushing McCain and his message to the side. Party unity wins the day and the election.

October 25, 2008 06:19 pm at 6:19 pm |
  13. chris

nice of u to join us Bill we knew u'd come around.......

Obama/biden

October 25, 2008 06:19 pm at 6:19 pm |
  14. Joseph Janerique

Once again, great news for America. We as americans need to stand united this time around. Keep on with everything you are doing to change, Obama. Cause the word change is fundamental to have a change. That´s why we as democrats know what to do. In a world that is not certain, we need to as americans gather around, and make our voices heard. An election is held for you to vote. Now just make sure that you vote right.

Obama 08!

October 25, 2008 06:19 pm at 6:19 pm |
  15. Obama 08

It's Slick Willie Time!

October 25, 2008 06:20 pm at 6:20 pm |
  16. KofTX

Welcome back Mr. President(s)!

Obama/Biden '08

October 25, 2008 06:20 pm at 6:20 pm |
  17. Doris,Memphis,TN

OMG the smartest two men in the democratic party are going
    on the trail together. Please put John McCain on a depend!

October 25, 2008 06:20 pm at 6:20 pm |
  18. tws1906

Oh, its on NOW...the Obama Train is rollin...with all the Clintons on board.

October 25, 2008 06:20 pm at 6:20 pm |
  19. bill Tx

remarkable. full credit goes to senator obama and his campaighn. unlike sen mccain he is been uniting his party and has made himself acceptable to lots of republican party members as well. this is one good example of how extraordinary this gentleman is. he has brought the party together like no other candidate could ever have done despite the harsh primary season. hats off to president and senator clinton who came together to support and unite this country.

October 25, 2008 06:21 pm at 6:21 pm |
  20. Texans who want the right man for our President

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsVMz6sb1g0&w=640&h=390]

October 25, 2008 06:21 pm at 6:21 pm |
  21. Linda from AZ

Vote Early Vote Obama Vote

McCain refuses to change, refuses to move into the 21st century, we need to refuse him.

Vote Early Vote

October 25, 2008 06:21 pm at 6:21 pm |
  22. Pepou

Both are true democrats and I love them both. Hillary will have an important position in an Obama administration. More important than VP.

October 25, 2008 06:22 pm at 6:22 pm |
  23. Theresa

Bill and Hillary are Racists according to team Obama during the primary.

October 25, 2008 06:22 pm at 6:22 pm |
  24. Griff

Borack Obama may a have few things, that he wan'ts to do... The only thing is, when he go'es to the World Bank for a Loan. He will get tyhe same reply as any Socialist... Go Away... Come back when you have something better to offer...

October 25, 2008 06:22 pm at 6:22 pm |
  25. Mike

Buries the hatchet...right in his back. Why should we all jump up and down when an impeached president endorses a socialist? Give me a break.

October 25, 2008 06:24 pm at 6:24 pm |