October 26th, 2008

CNN confirms: Bill Clinton to campaign with Obama

ALT TEXT

Sen. Obama and former President Clinton greet supporters in Harlem after their September meeting. (Photo Credit: Getty Images/File)

(CNN) – In yet another sign that Democrats are putting the contentious and hard-fought primary season behind them, former President Bill Clinton will campaign with Sen. Barack Obama for the first time in Florida on Wednesday, according to Matt McKenna of the Clinton Foundation.

Sen. Hillary Clinton will not attend the event but did recently campaign with Obama in Florida, a crucial battleground state that CNN currently considers a toss-up.

The Clintons also recently campaigned together with Sen. Joe Biden and Biden’s wife, Jill, in Scranton, Pennsylvania, where both Joe Biden and Sen. Clinton have roots.

Obama met personally with former President Clinton in September at Clinton’s Harlem offices. Then, Clinton predicted that Obama would win in November “pretty handily.”

Filed under: Bill Clinton • Candidate Barack Obama • Florida • Popular Posts
  1. Marianne

good to see the Dems pulling together.

October 25, 2008 04:02 pm at 4:02 pm |
  2. James From Chicago

That's the best news I've heard yet. Clinton was the best President
    in history. With Clinton & Obama it's a sure win.

October 25, 2008 04:02 pm at 4:02 pm |
  3. Jojo Jones

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Just look at CNN's headlines and you will see how hard they are trying to chop McCain/Palin down. Everyone can see right through your deceit!

October 25, 2008 04:02 pm at 4:02 pm |
  4. sensi johnson

I am a just delighted that true meaning of democracy has finally taken its roots. The power of the people for the people by the people.
    This process is creating a different feelings for America and Americans around the world. The world is once again begining to view this country as it's leader in times of war and peace.
    My 2 cents!

October 25, 2008 04:02 pm at 4:02 pm |
  5. Jennifer

Billo boy! thats whats up..we need you man..spit out your wisdom. let the dems take over once more and make this country better

October 25, 2008 04:02 pm at 4:02 pm |
  6. Kate Fergus

Let's hope Clinton is right about Obama winning "pretty handily". He knows that country needs Obama to get out of the mess created by the Republicans. He knows that a cool hand and intelligence coupled with great judgment will help the country to weather the economic storms that are brewing.

Obama/Biden '08

October 25, 2008 04:02 pm at 4:02 pm |
  7. Ben

It's great to see Bill Clinton continuing to play a role in the campaign. There couldn't be a greater contrast in the state of the nation under Clinton and under Bush and it seems there's a large portion of Americans who need to be reminded that we were prosperous under Democratic leadership, not under Republican leadership. Although I doubt he would brag about himself I hope former President Clinton will be able to remind Americans that the Democratic plan can work and has worked and that it's much better than the Republican plan that John McCain would like to continue for another four years.

October 25, 2008 04:03 pm at 4:03 pm |
  8. blkkbbeauty

Goooooooooooo Obama Go ! I think McOld shud sit down and take a laxative, and Govenor Palin well she is just plain dumb !

October 25, 2008 04:03 pm at 4:03 pm |
  9. Christopher

I'm kinda sick of all these canidates trying to get attention. They all make promises they can't possibly keep. In one hand they want to provide health care for every american, and on the other they want to cut taxes. You can't take in less money and spend more. McCain, Palin, Obama, and Biden are all the same when you get right down to it. They're all so full of crap they've got it comming out of their mouths. They should just get up there and tell us what they want to do and how much it's going to cost. At least then it'd be honest.

October 25, 2008 04:03 pm at 4:03 pm |
  10. Vic

Go early voters!

Registered Republican "voted" Obama/Biden 08

October 25, 2008 04:03 pm at 4:03 pm |
  11. Claudia

Great Obama!! Keep going !!

October 25, 2008 04:04 pm at 4:04 pm |
  12. Republican Woman For Obama, FL

Awesome! I wish I could be there!

October 25, 2008 04:04 pm at 4:04 pm |
  13. tony

its about time bill

October 25, 2008 04:04 pm at 4:04 pm |
  14. Edith

God is good....all the time...and all the time....God is good! I am thankful and appreciative of Both Bill and Hillary putting there support behind Obama. We didn't go wrong when we chose President Clinton and we will not go wrong with President Obama. I have faith because of the decesions he has already made in his VP Canidate. Not putting Hillary down by no means...her day is coming when God is ready. I am in the fight for Change. I have always been taught...if you always do what you have always done....you will always get what you always got! With that being said..I put my future and the my kids in your hands. I as honored to attend Obamas rally in Richmond and was overwhelmed with the divirsity of support. As I stood in line with an elderly white woman with her son, she never thought she would vote for a black person...she made a joke...she says now that she is partially blind..she doesn't see color very well!....Our family send our best wishes and much appriecation for a grandson so well groomed...to "Toot"

October 25, 2008 04:05 pm at 4:05 pm |
  15. Claudia

Gov. Palin does not understand the reasearch or has not read about the reasearch being done for Autistic kids so before she opens her mouth she should read or be informed.

October 25, 2008 04:05 pm at 4:05 pm |
  16. rafael

the two best American politics in the USA,you just have to see the smile of those two human to understand that the best for America and the world is coming in november,i can!t understand why me at 41 everytime i see
    Obama photos i want to cry of emotion,Republican can say what ever they want to make OBAMA loose in november but nothing will stop Obama,Only GOD my friends, and to tell you the truth GOD wants OBAMA
    as president of the united state of america.
    thanks
    montreal canada

October 25, 2008 04:05 pm at 4:05 pm |
  17. facts are facts

McCain loses Florida he is toast. As long as the election is honest Obama should win in Florida very handily. Too many sensible people in this state to elect a befuddled old man and an extremist without a clue of what is going on outside of Alaska.

October 25, 2008 04:05 pm at 4:05 pm |
  18. CAROLYN

our prayers goes out to sen obama, for his grandmother she is in the prayer warriors prayers across america. we are very proud of former president clinton for campaigning with sen obama, for we the people of america.

October 25, 2008 04:06 pm at 4:06 pm |
  19. Sarah....and my last name isn't Palin

Former President, new President. Sounds solid to me!

Obama/Biden'08

October 25, 2008 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  20. Beverly, NYC

Democrats working together to get it done!!! Good to see you Bill!!!

October 25, 2008 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  21. SW,OHIO

This is wonderful! We need President Clinton and Senator Obama to visit us in Ohio also. This is the beginning of our future and it is looking positive!

October 25, 2008 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  22. VOTE NOVEMBER 4

Giving tax credits to the rich lead to companies laying off thousands of workers and sending jobs oversea. I thought the tax credit was to encourage more hiring and create new jobs. Now companies are going bankrupt.

How is John McCain tax policy different from George Bush?

If you make a million dollars. a 10 percent tax wouldn't hurt you.
    If you make $50,000, a 10 percent tax would hurt you.

October 25, 2008 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  23. anne

I can't wait to vote for Obama on monday. With all the horrible dark skeletons McCain has in his closet the fact that Obama has stayed so positive instead of throwing a lot of them at McCain makes me more proud to vote this year than in the past two elections I've voted in. He really is the change I want to see in Washington.

October 25, 2008 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  24. Meka

Thank you, Mr. President. Senator Obama will definitely appreciate your support.

Obama/Biden '08-'12

October 25, 2008 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  25. JIM HAWK

That was Al Gores mistake..Good job Mr Obama...Ride that great
    President to the White House.Obama/Biden..

October 25, 2008 04:09 pm at 4:09 pm |