October 26th, 2008

CNN confirms: Bill Clinton to campaign with Obama

ALT TEXT

Sen. Obama and former President Clinton greet supporters in Harlem after their September meeting. (Photo Credit: Getty Images/File)

(CNN) – In yet another sign that Democrats are putting the contentious and hard-fought primary season behind them, former President Bill Clinton will campaign with Sen. Barack Obama for the first time in Florida on Wednesday, according to Matt McKenna of the Clinton Foundation.

Sen. Hillary Clinton will not attend the event but did recently campaign with Obama in Florida, a crucial battleground state that CNN currently considers a toss-up.

The Clintons also recently campaigned together with Sen. Joe Biden and Biden’s wife, Jill, in Scranton, Pennsylvania, where both Joe Biden and Sen. Clinton have roots.

Obama met personally with former President Clinton in September at Clinton’s Harlem offices. Then, Clinton predicted that Obama would win in November “pretty handily.”

Filed under: Bill Clinton • Candidate Barack Obama • Florida • Popular Posts
  1. cindy

GOPers, you guys will not succeed this time God is strongly on Obamas side.What 's this rubbish about his birthcertificate.You guys will forever be losers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO BILL GO OBAMA.

October 25, 2008 04:20 pm at 4:20 pm |
  2. Amy For Obama

Again, This is Change we can Believe in!

It's also change we can see coming!

Obama / Biden 08/12

October 25, 2008 04:20 pm at 4:20 pm |
  3. redhead from Toronto

What a great picture.. 2 great presidential men working together. That's America. President Clinton, thank you for being a great president, Barack Obama will be every bit as good a president as you. Thank you for helping to make this a better world. p.s. I love Hillary, she's the greatest. Go Obama/Biden. Vote early America,please.. Don't let it be the same as 2000 and 2004, PLEASE

October 25, 2008 04:20 pm at 4:20 pm |
  4. Barbara Hanks

I am a big fan of the Clintons! I'm happy to se them with Obama. He needs their support and they are giving it . We need a change from the last horrible 8 years. I want to see our new president and congress work together for the good of this country. We need to regain our place of leadership in the world and solve all of the serious problems we face. Bill was a great president I am glad to see Obama is willing to work with him I think he can be a great source of experience for Obama. We are going to WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 25, 2008 04:21 pm at 4:21 pm |
  5. CTSadler

Smells like... landslide.

October 25, 2008 04:21 pm at 4:21 pm |
  6. FAYE, NV

Dem Party will stay strong together and Pres Clinton has no bitterness and will support his party.

October 25, 2008 04:21 pm at 4:21 pm |
  7. Trysh in Los Angeles

Hmmm....two strong Leo men together – dynamite is so many ways!

October 25, 2008 04:21 pm at 4:21 pm |
  8. CJ in Alabama

No matter how the polls look , Obama will need all the help he can get in Florida, Pa , Virgina and NC.

October 25, 2008 04:21 pm at 4:21 pm |
  9. John Smith

The rule here is simple– Go and vote early, if your state allows it. I now confess that I voted proudly for the Obama/Biden ticket this afternoon. It comes with such great feeling to vote, it also helps make up for my last vote for Bush/Chaney. I continue to beg God's forgiveness for contributing to the failure of our nation by voting for Bush/Chaney; never will I vote on moral issues again. That is between the individual and his/her God. As a christian, my command from God is simple: "to love my neighbor as myself." God, and only God alone will fight issues of abortion, morality and so on. I know full well that God always chose leaders with Intelligence, such as King Solomon.

October 25, 2008 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  10. mms

nice move Obama!people still love clinton no matter what republicans think.when bill talks people listen.

October 25, 2008 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  11. FrankSmith

October 25, 2008 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  12. lawrence chukwuemeka

uneasy they said is the head that wears the crown, but to whom much is given much is expected. for my beloved brother, sen. barack obama, God has given u victory in this coming election, only rejoice and be ready to serve ur people.the battle is not for the swift nor the strong but of the Lord that showeth mercy. in His own words, He said, i will bless whom i will bless and will curse those i will curse. thanks to president clinton and all those the Lord has opened their eyes to behold obama as the next president of united states.

October 25, 2008 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  13. Patrick Era

Good news – I am so glad that the Clintons that I so love will be part of this epoch-making history. Obama is going to be the next 44th President of the United States of America, and he will transform this great country for the better – "COSMIC MISSION FULFILLS."

October 25, 2008 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  14. NO PALIN

It is too late, McCain and Palin have already won this election. :(

October 25, 2008 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  15. Shannon

I wonder if Obama will have the nerve to call Bill Clinton a racist to his face. He was big on saying McCain didn't have the nerve to ask him about Ayers to his face, so put your money where your mouth is Mr. Obama, tell President Clinton to his face he's a racist.

I wonder why you are inviting a racist to campaign with you Mr Obama, could it be that you really don't think Clinton is a racist, could it be that you will do or say anything to win

October 25, 2008 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  16. shay

Unity is what it is all about. Put the pride in your back pocket and move on. There is no reason to be huffed and puffed up on the inside it will only make you unhappy on the inside. I just knew that God will heal you of this bad feeling.

Apologize to one another like grown men should, because you are on the same side and say, Let's get it done into victory.

Obama need all the help he can get and this mean you America.

Don't get lazy and think the election is in the bag. Because it is not. It is not over until November 4th.

America you get out there and vote.

October 25, 2008 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  17. Republican Voting OBAMA

Vote Early, Vote Now we have to get out and do this for the country.

Obama/Biden 08/12

October 25, 2008 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  18. T

Stay united and we will take our country back from wall street and the unreligious right

October 25, 2008 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  19. Thomas

It's nice to see some party unity on the Democrat side. Palin and McCain can't even agree on anything.

October 25, 2008 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  20. Obama Share the wealth Plan in Action

I tried it. It didn't work.

I went to a restaurant where a beggar was working the streets outside. When the waiter brought the bill, I paid it but left no tip. The waiter asked why since he felt he gave me good service. I said I'm spreading the wealth and your tip is going to the beggar outside.

October 25, 2008 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  21. Marie

Bill Clinton the racist, how odd, that Obama would invite a racist along. Oh wait, I bet Obama just made that racist thing up to win....go figure a man who will slander anyone to win!

October 25, 2008 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  22. amadou

I can't believe Sen Mccain is attacking the President now.where was Sen Mccain the last 8yrs? Well,Americans are not stupid. I said go OBAMA!!!

October 25, 2008 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  23. manik

the best combination of the world....

October 25, 2008 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  24. Obamican

Awesome!

Vote Obama-Biden!!

October 25, 2008 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  25. No McCain

This is a nice picture...Clinton and Obama united...while the democrats are moving towards uniting with each others, GOP leaders are moving th eopposire direction...even between McCain and Palin tensions are going out of control....

October 25, 2008 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |