October 28th, 2008

McCain: Don’t buy reports of GOP ticket friction

McCain and Palin rallied together today in Pennsylvania.

McCain and Palin rallied together today in Pennsylvania.

HERSHEY, Pa. (CNN) – John McCain unofficially declared this fair city a diva-free zone Tuesday.

In his first joint rally with running mate Sarah Palin since tension between their aides spilled into public view, McCain opened his remarks by declaring, “By the way, when two mavericks get together, you don’t agree on everything – but that’s fun!”

McCain has previously made similar comments at rallies about how he and Palin do not agree on everything, such as drilling for oil and gas in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (McCain opposes, Palin supports).
But this time the comment had particular resonance with a large crowd here in Pennsylvania, coming just days after a McCain adviser privately charged to CNN that Palin is a “diva” who’s not staying on-message, while Palin advisers fired back that McCain aides botched her rollout to the American people.

Filed under: John McCain • Sarah Palin
  1. GIVE PEACE A CHANCE, VOTE A STRAIGHT DEM TICKET!

We can only hope that missy the maverick kicks the old maverick in the head, and then is returned to the corral in Alaska!

2. Tom

MAVERICKS? LMAO!!!!

What is MCcain smokin? that ship sailed every since he picked Palin.

OBAMA FOR PRESIDENT!!!

3. conny

Liar, and when is that other crook going to resign

4. Bit

Why do McCain and Palin always have to remind and convince people that they are Mavericks? It's almost a shame to listen to them call each other Mavericks. They are not Mavericks. McCain listens to his people and does what they tell him and Palin....................DIVA!

5. s

"Don’t buy reports of GOP ticket friction." should read "Don't buy GOP."
    What's next, Palin fires McCain as she did another up in AK?

6. informed voter

Aargh! Enough with you and your "maverick" and "my friends" and the air quotes...any more and I'll scream. You are no maverick sen McCain...you're just a flipflopper.

7. Obamabot

Denial is the 1st stage of MOURNING a death – death of your campaign!!

8. sam

I can't wait until November 4th ...Vote Obama 08 and deliver this country out of ignorance......

9. Alabama Voter

What else can he say folks. He's made his bed now he has to LIE in it. Please do not believe their hype. They are and have always been looking out for the WEALTHY. I wish I could take my family on vacation this year and they pay 150,000 on clothes for her. I wish I could spend 1% of that on my children's school clothes each year.

10. Hardy Takhar

communications 101 John. You failed communications 101.There are no I's in TEAM but there is 'ME' and thats what that bimbo partner of yours is taking care of . You are history. Go and ride into the sunset. She has plans for hereself and they dont include you.

11. Oseki Otens Evans

This election will be a verdict on the judgement of americans. Will they choose a honest and easy tempered Obama or a scary dictator-like angry, fight dreaming "fight with me" old man? It will be moreso, about choosing a step-in candidate for president, should the need arise. Palin or Biden? Seriously now, what ticket fits best? Your vote!!!

12. ANOTHER McCAIN EAR-MARK

Nice suit Sarah. How much did that one cost us?

13. j

It doesn't really matter to me whether they get along with each other or not. I think the type of campaigning they're doing is despicable and I don't think they should be rewarded for it by winning the election. I'd rather have Obama as president because I believe he will more likely deliver on getting us off foreign oil and onto clean alternative energy. That's why I voted for him, to get clean alternative energy.

Obama supporters – please get out and vote on or before Nov 4.

October 28, 2008 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  14. Super D

Will you get over Palin please!

For gawd sakes! Just because she's not a stinking feminist Liberal, you claim she's not qualified!

That's B.S.

The hypocrisy is sickening, you got O-idiot, the redistributor who is running for the top spot, and he's not fit to pump gas.

SHUT UP!

October 28, 2008 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  15. Robin - FL

@Vicky the Voter – McCain's should go all out and just hire the rest of the Village People to push out his economic message. It would still be sad but at least they would have a good excuse to play "In The Navy"

October 28, 2008 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  16. Don

When major Republicans are jumping ship and doing it on TV, that's "friction" regardless of what you call it.

October 28, 2008 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  17. Colin

Vicky the Voter- it has already been stated on CNN and other news organizations before that the McCain camp hands out the pre-made signs before their rally's. I wonder if people turn on the news ever? The signs and people are very fake.

I love how McCain is flat out lying to his own supporters that there is no friction in the GOP. It's his advisors complaining and complaining to several news organizations. How stupid does this guy think America is. If he will flat out lie to his supporters about insignificant things like this imagine what else he would lie about. I'm sorry I just don't see why this guy is so appealing. He has flip flopped on so many issues, if people would do their own research they would find out and it's easy to see most of them are news clips featuring him. Not to mention he is into name calling and linking Obama to people when McCain himself has some very interesting connections such as Rev. John Hagee and Rev. Rod Parsley, which are his spiritual guides and both endorse his campaign.

I just wish people would stay focused on the issues and that is one of the many reasons I like and am voting for Barack Obama. Obama/Biden '08 our only real hope for Change and Unity in America.

October 28, 2008 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  18. Ed, Santa Fe NM

I bet that airhead Troopergate Barbie's favorite color is "clear."

She's a boob with ambition but still a boob.

October 28, 2008 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  19. Collin Kelley

Oh, Angry Johnny...your campaign is leaking like the Titanic. You can go on the stump and try to banish all the talk coming from inside your own campaign, but no one is buying it. McPalin is a downward sprial. One week to go and hopefully we'll never hear from either of them ever again.

October 28, 2008 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  20. kayms

Aren't opposing views a good thing according to Obama... one of his reasons for choosing Biden..." I want someone who won't always agree with me.... McCain and Palin are an excellent example of what we need in the Whitehouse... we don't need anymore of Bush's crony nepotistic yes men.... and we certainly don't need a president with conflicting interests....w.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv-Wwv7ZrwE

October 28, 2008 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  21. Patrick

mcCain has lost his last marble.

October 28, 2008 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  22. Kristina, Seattle

Fake mavericks... fake campaign platforms... fake reformers... fake intellectualism... fake plumbers... fake campaign suspension... fake debate cancellation... fake distractions... fake running-mate chemistry...

This is getting old. Glad I got my vote for Obama in early and won't have to listen to this crap past next week!

October 28, 2008 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  23. Punish the incumbent party (Republicans)

I would be surprised if he admits any mistakes publicly. But clearly his judgement is flawed to have chosen such poor candidate with little regard for national security.

October 28, 2008 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  24. Betty

Does McCain think this is election is some kind of joke? Disagreement is "fun"? Well I guess the good thing is, Obama will probably go up in the polls again after this remark.

October 28, 2008 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  25. Dennis

So we shouldnt believe his own campaign??? first she was a diva now HIS OWN campaign is calling her a whack job.

October 28, 2008 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |