October 30th, 2008

Obama camp releases ‘closing argument’ ads

The Obama-Biden campaign released two new ads Thursday.
The Obama-Biden campaign released two new ads Thursday.

(CNN)– The Obama-Biden campaign released two “closing argument” ads Thursday, one negative spot looking provide ‘perspective’ on Sen. McCain’s similarities with President Bush, and one positive ad touting the direction the Democratic candidate plans to take the country.

“Wonder where John McCain would take the economy?” and announcer says in ‘Rearview Mirror,’ as a car drives down the road. “Look behind you,” continues the announcer, as the driver of the car readjusts the rearview mirror to show an image of President Bush.

“John McCain wants to continue George Bush’s economic policies,” the announcer adds.

The second spot, ‘Something,’ echoes the approach of Wednesday night’s 30-minute Obama campaign ad. “Something’s happening in America,” the announcer says. “People from every walk of life…uniting in common purpose”

“Barack Obama. Endorsed by Warren Buffett and Colin Powell. A leader who’ll bring us together.”

Both ads began airing Thursday in key battleground states, according to the Obama campaign.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. mms

we all have family we are not close to ,do you think everyone should take care of people who are not their immediate family?Thats a little ridiculous don't you think?I have well to do reletives and i don't expect them to give me anything.

October 30, 2008 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  2. AFAM

IT IS FUNNY HOW IGNORANT PEOPLE SAY GOD HELPS US ALL WHEN OBAMA WINS AND HE IS GOING TO DESTROY THE UNITED STATES. FIRST OF ALL THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IS ALREADY DESTROYED BY BUSH. I AM NOT SUPPORTING OBAMA BECAUSE I AM BLACK. THIS GOOD COUNTRY HAS BEEN TURNED INTO A NIGHTMAREN BY BUSH AND HIS THUGS. THEY IS NO PRO AMERICA OR ANTI AMERICAN. WE ALL AMERICANS. THEY IS NO BLUE OR RED STATES. THEY IS UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. UNTIL WE GET THAT WE ARE NOT GOING NO WHERE. THE REPUBLICANS ALWAYS USE THAT TO WIN ELECTIONS. SAYING BLUE STATES RED STATES. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. HOW ABOUT WE START CALLING THE STATES BY THEIR NAMES.

October 30, 2008 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  3. People make no sense

I hate reading most of these comments about socialism because it makes no sense. What do you think the government does with you tax dollars now? The redistribute your money to their special interest. Your money goes to so many foreign countries and no one complains about it. McCain has former lobbyist to Georgia and Columbia, and what is he advocating your tax dollars towards? Your tax dollars are being redistributed there and you are incurring the interest accured.

October 30, 2008 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  4. White Guy for Obama

I am so ready for this to be over. I am so sick of my own people and the McCain/ Palin supporters referring to Obama as a Muslim, as unpatriotic, and as a terrorist. What a crock of bull? Tell it like it is. You just won't vote for him because of his skin color. Just shows that unfortunately there are still ignorant individuals in the world. Keep in mind that Obama is bi-racial. White mother, raised by his white grandparents. What saddens me most is that the McCain/ Palin ticket all but bought all this on with their talk of "palling around with terrorists/ socialist/ elitist bull crap.

Wake up America and vote for CHANGE. OBAMA/ BIDEN is what we need right now.

October 30, 2008 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  5. Retired Veteran from New York City, NY

How many danm Joe that McCain needed to help him win this election. So far He got:
    Joe Six-Pack
    Joe Lieberman
    Joe the Fake-Plumber

Instead of McCain stakes with the issue that America is facing right now, he get himself so occupied with a Fake Plumber with no license and with a grossly Incompetent VP that nobody can't stand her voice, I wish Tuesday were here so I don't have to see these people no more.

October 30, 2008 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  6. Really?

All you "change cheerleaders" make me sick. Listening to Obama bin Laden speak literally angers me to the point I get a headache. That man and all of you believe everything I’m told, spread wealth I didn’t earn zombies will utterly destroy this country if given the chance. So like all of you say, WAKE UP AMERICA! It is time for change, but not the type of change for the worse like you people will bring. Stop these ridiculous shenanigans before it’s too late. Vote for the only real responsible American choice. McCain-Palin ‘08

October 30, 2008 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |