October 30th, 2008

Obama camp releases ‘closing argument’ ads

The Obama-Biden campaign released two new ads Thursday.
The Obama-Biden campaign released two new ads Thursday.

(CNN)– The Obama-Biden campaign released two “closing argument” ads Thursday, one negative spot looking provide ‘perspective’ on Sen. McCain’s similarities with President Bush, and one positive ad touting the direction the Democratic candidate plans to take the country.

“Wonder where John McCain would take the economy?” and announcer says in ‘Rearview Mirror,’ as a car drives down the road. “Look behind you,” continues the announcer, as the driver of the car readjusts the rearview mirror to show an image of President Bush.

“John McCain wants to continue George Bush’s economic policies,” the announcer adds.

The second spot, ‘Something,’ echoes the approach of Wednesday night’s 30-minute Obama campaign ad. “Something’s happening in America,” the announcer says. “People from every walk of life…uniting in common purpose”

“Barack Obama. Endorsed by Warren Buffett and Colin Powell. A leader who’ll bring us together.”

Both ads began airing Thursday in key battleground states, according to the Obama campaign.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. concerned

GO OBAMA GO!

October 30, 2008 12:23 pm at 12:23 pm |
  2. Commonwealth of Virginia

The fat lady is singing John McCain. That's your cue.

OBAMA/BIDEN 08

October 30, 2008 12:24 pm at 12:24 pm |
  3. Barbara - 65 yr old white female in NC

Too late.

I already voted early -– for Obama/Biden

They are the ones that will protect MY Constitutional Rights, and keep the jobs in the USA.

October 30, 2008 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  4. No Hillary = No Obama

Obama's wannabe afflliction, his desparate need to win the Presidency, feels so empty. The more you listen and watch him, the more you realize he has nothing to show for himself but himself. That infomerical was sad. It was like watching a promotional on QVC, the shopping channel, Looking back on his parade through Europe and his phony Presidential seal on a podium, the reality is sinking in that this is an empty campagin, promotionalized by the media with a Hollywood set design. Sad, really.

October 30, 2008 12:29 pm at 12:29 pm |
  5. Lonesome

unity is were it's at. Obama with the campain that he's running promotes positivity and substance. That's why he has my vote and will be the next president of this united states

October 30, 2008 12:30 pm at 12:30 pm |
  6. John in UPST NY

BRING US TOGETHER ????????? .....i always thought we were together ???? ...didn't you ?

October 30, 2008 12:31 pm at 12:31 pm |
  7. Dani

Great job Obama!! America needs a President with a clear vision for the future.

Vote early, vote now Obama/Biden 08!!!!!!

October 30, 2008 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |
  8. tulsa

Wed. night's infomercial was masterful. The ad about McCain's lack of knowledge about the economy and his pick of Palin (wink) was brilliant.
    I want someone who can run a campaign like Obama's to be in charge.
    Vote Obama!
    TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK!!!!!

October 30, 2008 12:33 pm at 12:33 pm |
  9. Noah

A new poll now shows that Americans living in Israel but voting through absentee ballot back mcCain 3 to 1 over Obama. McCAin is getting 81 percent of their vote. They know that Israel will not be as safe with Obama at the helm

October 30, 2008 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  10. Vegas Barbie for Obama

YES WE CAN!! Last night's 30-minute spot was so right on, so inspirational and so DETAILED as to how Obama will lead this nation back on the right course.
    OBAMA/BIDEN '08 & '12!!!!

October 30, 2008 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  11. xcusme

Cant wait to vote. Wish my state had early voting.

October 30, 2008 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  12. Sarah Palin the Alaskan Lobbyist

You know I was thinking and thinking and just couldn't put my finger on what was so dishonest about Sarah Palin then I heard her 'energy speech' yesterday and it hit me like a ton a bricks....

Palin is a lobbyist for Alaska. She is lobbying to bring more jobs to ALASKA, that's it! She knows nothing about the other 'lower 48' nor does she has an interest in learning unless it will benefit Alaska.

She's playing a lying game with the American people and sadly the Republicans are so full of lobbyist they haven't noticed she's taking them for a long ride right into the pockets of Alaska.

October 30, 2008 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  13. fat john

I helped pay for Baracks victory and I am proud.
    I am unemployed and I gave what I could afford,
    And I am glad that i did after what i witnessed last night.
    To see John McCain rehashing the same old thing will be over with soon.
    Let's move on and make America great again.
    i can finally go to Europe without putting Canadian maple leafs
    on my luggage so people wouldn't think I'm from the U.S.A.
    My God blesses Barack Obama.

October 30, 2008 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  14. Barbara - 65 yr old white female in NC

Looks like the Obama Infomercial brought good luck to the Philies too. Way to go Philies – congratulations.

October 30, 2008 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  15. Brian NYC

I think the rearview picture of them is hilarious. McCain looks so in love its incredible.

Obama/Biden '08

October 30, 2008 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  16. Poe the Jlumber

Bush and McCain sure make a cute couple, no?

October 30, 2008 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  17. Is that an iceberg I see?

Great job! McCain's ship is already sinking and rudderless. I hope this will seal the deal. The days of Bush brained economics are over.

October 30, 2008 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  18. Dave, Central Illinois

If Obama is elected, he will divide this nation like never before. He will make George Bush look like Lincoln.

October 30, 2008 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  19. IowaMom

I already voted too! So did my 5 and 9 year olds at school and boy were they proud to cast their votes for Obama!

OBAMA/BIDEN

October 30, 2008 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  20. Doug

I like the rear view mirror idea....very clever and appropriate.

October 30, 2008 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  21. stacy

Obama is so full of himself, disgustingly obvious.

October 30, 2008 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm |
  22. Teacher

Can't we just leave it with the "Something" Ad; do we really need another tie to McCain and Bush? I've been a proud Obama supporter for some time, but I'm really starting to miss the Obama we saw last night, and the one in this Something ad.

Everyone knows McCain is a Bush third term, Obama should be spending him $$$ on reminding us why this country has gone absolutely crazy over him and his message of Change and Unity.

October 30, 2008 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm |
  23. Ryan

get out and vote!!!

October 30, 2008 12:42 pm at 12:42 pm |
  24. APinPA

Let's make sure we don't forget to hit the polls – either early if you can in your state or on Tuesday!! VOTE!!!!

October 30, 2008 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  25. Republican's Hear This...

Republican's...Prepare for Exile!

Its time to roll up our sleeves and fix this mess like we have done countless times before.

Obama!