October 31st, 2008

Biden: Critics will call Obama the 44th president after Tuesday

Biden says GOP attacks are over the top.
Biden says GOP attacks are over the top.

KETTERING, Ohio (CNN) – Joe Biden always closes his speeches by telling supporters that once the election is over, they have to reach out to Republicans, even those who have conducted “scurrilous” attacks against Obama. The same critics, Biden said Friday afternoon, will be calling Barack Obama “the 44th President of the United States of America” after November 4.

“Ladies and gentlemen, we need to move past the politics of division and attack,” Biden told supporters at rally, the first stop on a two day bus-tour through Ohio.

“Over the past weeks, the Republicans have gone way over the top in my view, calling Barack Obama every name in the book, and it probably will get worse in the next three and a half to four days.”

“If you look at who he is, what he's done, and what he plans to do for this country,” Biden continued, “if you work for us in the closing days and choose hope over fear, after next Tuesday the very critics he has now and the rest of America will be calling him something else. They will be calling him the 44th president of the United States of America, our commander-in-chief Barack Obama!”

John McCain released an ad Friday that was void of any negativity or direct mention of Obama, but tells voters, "don't hope for a stronger America, vote for one." McCain's campaign manager Rick Davis told reporters Friday morning that their campaign would outspend Obama's in the closing days.

Biden delivered his campaign’s “closing arguments” in a high school gym in central Ohio, a swing state where CNN’s poll of polls suggests Obama leads John McCain by 5 percentage points, 49 to 44 percent, with 7 percent of the state’s voters still undecided. The Delaware senator's battleground state tour continues over the weekend, with more stops in Ohio, Indiana and Florida.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama • Joe Biden
  1. Griff

Only CNN is losing Ground... They're Blowing in the Wind... Beware of the Sand-Storm.... When you get blown out to sea..
    By CNN..... Your going to get Gusted!

October 31, 2008 08:51 pm at 8:51 pm |
  2. Jules Stanford

I wish it was Tuesday night already.

October 31, 2008 08:51 pm at 8:51 pm |
  3. Joe

What a group of journalistic losers CNN is. I especially enjoyed your interview with that complete waste of oxygen Bill Maher. He was too much of a loser to keep a show on anything but HBO and has past relevance at least 10 years ago. Kudos to you CNN for being absolutely worthless. Obama/CNN, the ticket from Hell.

October 31, 2008 08:51 pm at 8:51 pm |
  4. Robert of Overgaard

People of Earth. Republicans had control of congress from 1994 – 2006 and increased the number of pork projects from 1900 to over 6000. Republicans took control of the presidency in 2001 and drove the national debt from $5 trillion (which took 200 years to achieve) to 10.6 trillion and counting.

Why would anyone in their right mind elect ANY Republicans again?

Vote Tuesday, Obama – Biden !

October 31, 2008 08:55 pm at 8:55 pm |
  5. 12 HOUSES to 0

FROM YOUR LIPS TO GOD'S EARS !!!!

GET OUT THE VOTE.

TAKES VOTES TO MAKE A PRESIDENT (at least most times)

October 31, 2008 08:56 pm at 8:56 pm |
  6. 12 HOUSES to 0

FROM YOUR LIPS TO GOD'S EARS !!!!
    * * * this election making me old fast

GET OUT THE VOTE.

TAKES VOTES TO MAKE A PRESIDENT (at least most times)

October 31, 2008 08:58 pm at 8:58 pm |
  7. Matt

YES WE CAN!!!!!!!! OBAMA WILL BE PRESIDENT.

YOU KNOW McBUSH AND FAILIN ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WHEN THE REP. NOMINEES' HOME STATE IS ONLY LEANING IN HIS DIRECTION. ALSO NORTH DAKOTA CHANGING TO TOSS UP, IT IS GREAT, SOUTH DAKOTA AND MONTANA SHOULD CHANGE TO TOSS UP TOO, IT IS CLOSE IN THOSE STATES. MAYBE OBAMA WILL EVEN EVEN WIN WV AND IN. GA IS A CLOSE RACE TOO, ISN'T IT.

GET OUT THE VOTE. LETS TURN THE WHOLE MAP BLUE!!!

OBAMA-BIDEN 2008.

October 31, 2008 08:58 pm at 8:58 pm |
  8. Say it ain't so Joe

Which Joe can we believe.. the one who said this, or the one who said Obama is not ready to lead. Or this one:

At a campaign stop in Nashua, N.H., on Sept. 10, Biden said Obama may have been better off had he picked Hillary Clinton to be his running mate.

"Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Let's get that straight," he said. "She's a truly close personal friend; she is qualified to be president of the United States of America. She's easily qualified to be vice president of the United States of America and quite frankly it might have been a better pick than me, but she is first-rate."

Come on Joe.. we can't believe a word you say.. seldom you are truthful

October 31, 2008 08:58 pm at 8:58 pm |
  9. welches, oregon

People have to understand something about McCain's Health Care plan.

McCain is going to tax your employer-paid premiums or that part of your premiums your employer pays. You will still have health insurance deducted from your check, along with having the premiums that the employer pays taxed. If you get employer paid health care, you will not get the $5000 credit family credit. That is for people who have no insurance and must by it on their own. Usually costing around $12,000

Someone prove me wrong.

October 31, 2008 09:00 pm at 9:00 pm |
  10. Biden can never tell the truth

Joe- what a bumbling fool you are.. You are better off for yourself and everyone around you if you just shut up. Nobody believes the bumbling fool stuff you say..

NOBAMA NO NEVER

October 31, 2008 09:00 pm at 9:00 pm |
  11. jamie,hattiesburg,ms

You know,carma is a "beautiful thing" when it plays out the way that it should.John McMcain lost this election at the RNC.First by picking Palin and I can't solely blame her.She just fell into the trap and has been converted into someone she isn't.Mainly because of the way they made joke of Oboma being a "Community Organizer",which is a very honorable and patriotic thing to do.From that point they thought that was the way they should attack Oboma,with sleeze tatics.Now look "CARMA" it"s beautiful.You don't dishonor somone's patrotic service when you proclaim to be patrioctic and honorable for your service.That's just plain hyprocritical.But for all the characters in this "carma" Sarah, the moose shooting hockey mon turn "DIVA", Mcain the hero"Maverick" turn "Sideshow", Joe the Plumber turn Country "Star", I'll Take Oboma the bi-racial "Community Organizer" turn world leader.

October 31, 2008 09:01 pm at 9:01 pm |
  12. TheRealThing

I am voting for Obama/Biden ticket, because McCain/Palin ticket gives me no good reason to vote for it. McCain made it easy for me to make my choice by proving to me that economy is not his strong suit. I wish that he picked Gov. Mitt Romney instead of Gov. Palin. It is a shame, because he would have had a pretty good chance at winning this one. John, as much as I like you, I think that you blew it. This time around, I am going to vote my pocketbook.

INDEPENDENT FOR OBAMA

October 31, 2008 09:03 pm at 9:03 pm |
  13. S. Boatman

I Took My Two Year Old Out To Trick Or Treat Earlier! We Went To One House And The Teenager Who Answered To Door Had On A Mccain Mask! My Son Dropped His Candy And Ran Back To Me, Thus Ending Our Night! I Can Really Relate To My Son Because I Am Also Afraid Of Mccain!

October 31, 2008 09:06 pm at 9:06 pm |
  14. nate

We're taking our country back. O/08.

October 31, 2008 09:10 pm at 9:10 pm |
  15. Patrick Peavy Dallas,TX

That's good he knows the outcome. Now him and Nobama can relax and not campaign anymore, what's the point?

McCain/Palin 08!!!

October 31, 2008 09:11 pm at 9:11 pm |
  16. Obama Supporter in Colorado Springs

Dare I hope? We have a long weekend ahead of us getting out the vote but it will be so worth it... I haven't had any optimism about the future of our country for so long but now I have a glimmer of hope... his name is Barack Obama!

Get out and vote for change and hope and a great future for America! Vote for Barack and Biden... and if you're in Colorado – Go see Barack and Michelle. I saw him in Denver last Sunday and I will never forget it – what a great leader he is going to be for us!!!

October 31, 2008 09:15 pm at 9:15 pm |
  17. Reality

LOL !!! AWESOME !!! YES THEY WILL !!!! YES THEY WILL !!! lol

PRESIDENT OBAMA !!!! :)

October 31, 2008 09:16 pm at 9:16 pm |
  18. Annette Harris Brandon MS

LOL only Arnold S. can bring a crowd like that for McCain but he is having problems balancing his own State's budget. He has created a huge deficit for California since he has been the Gov there. Just like Bush, birds of a feather stick together. Vote Obama/Biden for Change08'

October 31, 2008 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  19. Ted

I would be careful Bob (NC) and Joe Kiloz. It sounds like you're coming perilously close to making threats against Senator Obama. If I were a Republican I would be so dismayed by the hateful undertones running beneath the surface of so many of my fellow party members that I would have to consider changing my political affiliation for this reason alone.

What kind of way is this to go through life and to orient yourself towards your fellow human beings?

October 31, 2008 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  20. Matt B

Go Joe! Democrats are right to do exactly the opposite of what W. did. Instead of taking a victory as a "mandate" to follow strictly partisan policies, we need to unite our country. Go Obama and Biden!!!

October 31, 2008 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  21. Jan in MI

I already voted absentee, and it was for OBAMA, my husband as well, also LOL

I will be very disappointed if on Nov 5, it will be Pres McCain. I just hope and pray that doesn't happen. I just want everyone to get out and vote Don't take anything for granted.

October 31, 2008 09:24 pm at 9:24 pm |
  22. Independent white female patriotic voter

Obama is a great man, Highly intelligent politician, amazing father, husband, power of example to many and will be one of our greatest presidents ever! I respect a man who puts his country first by brushing off all the rhetoric and move on with dignity. He has taken the high road in his campaign and I have no doubt he'll do the same as president. Just what we need as Americans in today's world.

October 31, 2008 09:25 pm at 9:25 pm |
  23. 4 Obama/Biden Brandon MS

Change is coming! Stay focus and steadfast on Good principals. Vote Obama/Biden 08'

October 31, 2008 09:25 pm at 9:25 pm |
  24. cameroon/west africa

SHAME ON YOU JOHN MCCAIN
    IT'S TIME YOU TERMINATE YOUR CAMPAIGN WITH THE TERMINATOR.
    MY FRIENDS I AM SARAH PALIN I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE.

October 31, 2008 09:26 pm at 9:26 pm |
  25. rick

really shame that the media is so BIAS that they call the election before we vote, remember it has happened before

October 31, 2008 09:26 pm at 9:26 pm |