November 1st, 2008

CNN poll of polls: Race remains tight

(CNN) – Sen. Barack Obama has lost a single point of his lead over Sen. John McCain in CNN’s latest national poll of polls.

Obama is ahead of McCain by six points in Saturday’s poll of polls. Fifty percent of likely voters nationally support Obama, 44 percent support McCain, and six percent are unsure about their choice for president.

In CNN’s October 31 national poll of polls, Obama had a seven-point lead over McCain – 50 percent compared to 43 percent.

CNN’s latest national general election poll of polls consists of the following six surveys: Fox/Opinion Dynamics (October 28-29), ABC/Washington Post (October 28-31), Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby (October 29-31), Gallup (October 29-31), Diageo/Hotline (October 29-31), and IBD/TIPP (October 27-31).

CNN’s national poll of polls does not have a sampling error.

1. Pamela Rainsong

I'm in Florida and I voted early!

Obama/Biden 2008

November 1, 2008 10:38 pm at 10:38 pm |
  2. BKoi

With every fiber of my being, I pray , that a new day will dawn on November 5 th. a day with Barack Obama getting up to answer the phone , "Hello, this is the PRESIDENT speaking. Then all will be good in my world that day. AMEN.

November 1, 2008 10:38 pm at 10:38 pm |
  3. Bob Stephens

Trust me, the voters do not want to see the United States go down the tubes, and in the end will vote for Obama... McCain would finish destroying the economy, that Bush and Cheney have been doing successfully for the last 8 years

November 1, 2008 10:41 pm at 10:41 pm |
  4. PJP

Palin has more experience than Obama. Obama is the weakest Presidential candidate in the history of this country.

November 1, 2008 10:42 pm at 10:42 pm |
  5. John Yuma

Yes, America is proving its ignorance and gullibility. If the polls prove accurate, Americans have fallen for the biggest fraud to ever run for president. He's a man of extremely modest accomplishments, running as a moderate and promising a tax break for 95% of working Americans. Good grief people, come out of your stupors!

Barack says he is his brother's keeper! Just ask his impoverished aunt in Boston, or his half brother in Kenya. It's clear that Barack's true belief is that government should be the keepers of our brothers.

We'll eventually get to see that Kenyan birth certificate. It's going to be fun!

November 1, 2008 10:43 pm at 10:43 pm |
  6. Ralph Peoria, Il

If America elects McCain they will get what they deserve. This man is a vindictive old fart that still lives in the 1960's. He believes he deserves to be president because of his service in Viet Nam.

There are 58,000 others who cannot run for president because they gave it all.

There are also about 5,000 more from Iraq and Afgahanistan that can't run because they died in a "War of Lies" that McCain help get started.

How many young Men and Women have to die before we hold our leaders accountable for their "Deadly Lies"?

November 1, 2008 10:43 pm at 10:43 pm |
  7. I'm tired of bush

I'm voting for O'bama!

November 1, 2008 10:43 pm at 10:43 pm |
  8. Gaines

Ok they finally found something on Obama 72hrs before the election.So if he did not bring up the fact about Sarah Palin daughter.And the fact that theyoung man is only gone to marry the girl. Would be because he scared of going to jail. If she did that for her sister this is her child. So if you are gone to play hard ball.Make sure your balls are not flat.

November 1, 2008 10:46 pm at 10:46 pm |
  9. Chicago Evelyn

I’m so excited and inspired about Obama’s ideas I actually worked earlier today at Obama’s headquarters in Chicago – calling Ohio voters asking them to go out and vote. I came home in time to see Palin on TV at a rally in Florida with campain signs in back of her that only had Palin’s name on them (apparently she did have something to do with the signs)- McCain’s name was no where to be found! I can only imagine the veins popping out of McCain’s neck after seeing that! He’s created a monster – and now he has to live with that decision!

November 1, 2008 10:56 pm at 10:56 pm |
  10. Hispanic in CO

Voted for McCain/Palin today and I am thrilled. I got a chill up my leg.

November 1, 2008 11:19 pm at 11:19 pm |