November 4th, 2008

Clinton, Obama connect

Hillary Clinton earlier today at the polls.
Hillary Clinton earlier today at the polls.

(CNN) – Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama have spoken, according to Clinton spokesman Philippe Reines.

Watch: Barack Obama is elected 44th president of The United States

The two spoke for a few minutes: Clinton congratulated Obama on his victory, and offered her condolences on the loss of his grandmother. Obama thanked the New York senator for all she did to help him win the election, and said he looks forward to speaking with both her and President Clinton soon.

1. James Wilkinson

Congratulations President-elect Obama. It is long past due for the USA to have a peoples president in place of a corporate president. Good Fortune to you and to the USA.

November 5, 2008 12:10 am at 12:10 am |
  2. ChrisRay

I think Hilary has been graceful in the end. I wish she woulda been the president but I think she's done the right thing by supporting the party,

November 5, 2008 12:11 am at 12:11 am |
  3. Rena Ortiz

Congratulations and Condolences to President Obama.

November 5, 2008 12:11 am at 12:11 am |
  4. Scott B

I am glad that they seemed to have healed their relationship. I have a feeling he is going to offer her some type of job.

A new page has started in the the book of the United States history.

~Scott

November 5, 2008 12:11 am at 12:11 am |
  5. Trisha B

Happy to see the result from Trisha B here in Canada. Now you can have a good night's sleep. The race was long and hard but worth every minute for a result like this. History in the making and more to come. B

November 5, 2008 12:12 am at 12:12 am |
  6. Brandy

Thank you! AMERICA! for voting a great man into the WHITE HOUSE!
    This is a great day in our country!

OBAMA! BIDEN!

November 5, 2008 12:12 am at 12:12 am |
  7. Merrideth Crane-Horton

Thank God! I always supported Obama and ALWAYS will! Godbless OUR great country! Godbless each of us poor and rich alike!!!

November 5, 2008 12:12 am at 12:12 am |
  8. Robert

Obama and the country would benefit greatly if Hillary or Bill were on his whitehouse staff...

November 5, 2008 12:13 am at 12:13 am |
  9. Asian Woman Democrat

Congratulations to America. Our firsts. Our beginning. Our future. God's blessings to us and the world.

November 5, 2008 12:13 am at 12:13 am |
  10. fairness

Clintons are the best, such a great people. Such a smart, intelligent, giving people.

November 5, 2008 12:13 am at 12:13 am |
  11. Lowell in Washington

It is nice to see that our great nation has gotten beyond race and gender, and has moved forward once more. I am looking forward to seeing Barack make friends rather than creating enemies and restoring our face in the world.

November 5, 2008 12:14 am at 12:14 am |
  12. Teresa

I love Hillary. I hope she has a place in Obama's white house.

November 5, 2008 12:15 am at 12:15 am |
  13. Marsha-Kaye

Congratulations... my heart is swelling with pride...Obama is Bob the builder...YES HE CAN.

November 5, 2008 12:16 am at 12:16 am |
  14. moses wambiya nyongesa

That is a world record the americans have set.

November 5, 2008 12:16 am at 12:16 am |
  15. Mark G. McKinney

I am a 51 old black man living and FT. Worth, Tx (native Texas all my life). I never dream this day would come. I new one day it would but not in my lifetime. I watch my father go out election after election and support the demorcratic party , being disrepected, treated less than a man at time, fearing for hisself and his family, because of conviction and tonight all the things he said would happen has happen. "I WISH HE HAD LIVE TO SEE THIS DAY" GOD BLESS HIM AND AMERICA FOR PRESIDENT OBAMA. My father is smiling down here tonight .

November 5, 2008 12:17 am at 12:17 am |
  16. jerry

hillary 2012

November 5, 2008 12:17 am at 12:17 am |
  17. Vicky Garvin

Get ready America, we are in for a down hill spiral!!!!

November 5, 2008 12:17 am at 12:17 am |
  18. dale

So what!

November 5, 2008 12:17 am at 12:17 am |
  19. chris

Today we have lifted the white man's burden. We are all now poorer for it. Liberals have prevailed and we will pay for it. God help us. Barak obama cannot. His inexperience will be our undoing. Like the Romans we are doomed as a great nation. History will tell of this one day long after we are gone, as the day that a great nation fell to it's knees and corrupted itself to serve a past that we today did not invite. We picked our burden over experience, Mccain had the experience to guide us through this mess we are in. Obama is just a good speaker with charisma, but no value to our country. We are poorer today for it. We voted and we failed.

November 5, 2008 12:18 am at 12:18 am |
  20. Joe Not the Plumber

I'm switching parties, you Dems have to be the dumbest people I've ever seen to let the party go so far to the Left and put such a ill prepared person in the White House.

You all complained about Palin...and I honestly am ashamed of the way all of you feminists treated one of your own.

Its funny how only the Dem party can have women at the forefront.

November 5, 2008 12:18 am at 12:18 am |
  21. dale

not to your comment mark...but to the fact that hillary and obama spoke...to that I say ...so what.

November 5, 2008 12:19 am at 12:19 am |
  22. damaris mercado

I wanna say thank god obama won and say I was waiting for the change and its finally here!

November 5, 2008 12:19 am at 12:19 am |