November 4th, 2008

Clinton, Obama connect

Hillary Clinton earlier today at the polls.
Hillary Clinton earlier today at the polls.

(CNN) – Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama have spoken, according to Clinton spokesman Philippe Reines.

Watch: Barack Obama is elected 44th president of The United States

The two spoke for a few minutes: Clinton congratulated Obama on his victory, and offered her condolences on the loss of his grandmother. Obama thanked the New York senator for all she did to help him win the election, and said he looks forward to speaking with both her and President Clinton soon.

1. Perusing-Through

IT IS DONE!

November 4, 2008 11:57 pm at 11:57 pm |
  2. Ileka

Yeah dats ma President!

November 4, 2008 11:58 pm at 11:58 pm |
  3. rachel

I dont know what what change its gonna be but I guess bring it on. Lets go Obama and clinton.

November 4, 2008 11:58 pm at 11:58 pm |
  4. Barbara in NC

Hillary definitely has a spot in his cabinet.

And Bill can help on the economy

What a wonderful night – I'll never forget it. Been waitin' since 1960

November 4, 2008 11:59 pm at 11:59 pm |
  5. Jose'

It's great to gain an great leader!

November 5, 2008 12:00 am at 12:00 am |
  6. Barbara in NC

My voice was heard for the first time

I'm 66

November 5, 2008 12:00 am at 12:00 am |
  7. Griff

What do they call that Country, that is just South of Canada? Oh you must mean Mexico... There is nothing worth talking about, between Canada and Mexico.... Free Trade goes on!...

November 5, 2008 12:03 am at 12:03 am |
  8. Lisa in Memphis

I wonder if Michelle Obama is proud of America yet?

November 5, 2008 12:04 am at 12:04 am |
  9. patricia

It was a good race, I voted for McCain, but I happily accept Obama as our next president.

November 5, 2008 12:05 am at 12:05 am |
  10. gary

Hillary should be our President right now. I truly hope she will run again. A woman should be our next president. I love her.

November 5, 2008 12:05 am at 12:05 am |
  11. Nora L in CA

It should have been YOU Hillary making the historic speech on behalf of over half the world and women everywhere.

November 5, 2008 12:06 am at 12:06 am |
  12. Mark

The landing and return of men from the moon was once the most historic event in my lifetime. The election of Barak Obama to the presidency of the United States of America trumps that.

November 5, 2008 12:07 am at 12:07 am |
  13. Griff

What have you got to smile about Hillary? Neither you or your Daughter will ever find a Future in Politics again... You destroyed your own Daughters Future, for What???? Your Own Ego???
    Sarah Palin will be there next time... You??? Your Daughter????
    You should be ashamed of yourself Woman...

November 5, 2008 12:07 am at 12:07 am |
  14. Susanto Purwo

Congratulations to Obama. It is great that you will become President of United States of America!Although we are very far away from you,most of my friends here choose you to become the Presidnet!
    I sincerely hope,that Hillary can be used as your new Team as well in the Government!

November 5, 2008 12:08 am at 12:08 am |
  15. No Hillary = No Obama

The day the world witnesses the throngs of people jumping for joy around the world when a woman is elected a President, the way you see this for Obama, will be a true day of history, because it would have been earned and then we can say the world has evolved. How can one victory be celebrated when another was denigrated the way Hillary Clinton was? There is no joy here for Obama.

November 5, 2008 12:08 am at 12:08 am |
  16. Colin

"said he looks forward to speaking with both her and President Clinton soon."

I wonder in what context? A job offer perhaps?

November 5, 2008 12:08 am at 12:08 am |
  17. diva

Amen. They can to work together now.

November 5, 2008 12:08 am at 12:08 am |
  18. CSM

Hey, why must we keep showing Jessie Jackson crying? What a good show. I hope God listens to our prayers and helps this country. I can not afford to take of the those who feel we owe them. I barely can survive now taking care of my family.

November 5, 2008 12:09 am at 12:09 am |
  19. Tom

America has just elected the most unqualified person in its history for President with the help of the main stream media. If he turns out to be worse than Bush can we blame the media just like they let us down leading up to the Iraq War.

November 5, 2008 12:09 am at 12:09 am |
  20. Windy

Thank you Senator Clinton. You've made history.

November 5, 2008 12:09 am at 12:09 am |
  21. Plumber Joe

That is freakn cool mag. like i ll wanna talk to her too.

November 5, 2008 12:09 am at 12:09 am |
  22. Mike from Bham

As a black man from Alabama, tonight is a wonderful night, I live where it all started, never thought I would see the day, but it is here.
    God Bless America,

November 5, 2008 12:09 am at 12:09 am |
  23. Christy in NYC

For me Hillary is a great senator for New York and she has helped the new President Obama immensely with her tiredless campaigning and support. Hillary for me you are and will be an inspiration to many woman in this country

November 5, 2008 12:10 am at 12:10 am |
  24. Anonymous

thanks america maybis is born to rule
    look at the defeat that cause mc cains defeat speech
    333 that is the witching hour

god be with our son and daughters in iraq , my only hope is that the
    sealed birth certificate becomes record and we the people realize he
    was not a native born american as written in the consitution to become president

November 5, 2008 12:10 am at 12:10 am |
  25. udderly disgusted

Congratulations America, you just elected the Anti Christ to run the country!
    Say goodbye to the Constitution and everything our forefathers worked for & believed in and hello to the newest Socialist Republic.
    God help us all!
    Oh, and by the way – he's not 'African American' or even black, he's what you would've called a zebra and made fun of him for when he was in high school. Hypocrites!

November 5, 2008 12:10 am at 12:10 am |