November 4th, 2008

First exit polls in

(CNN) - The first exit polls out Tuesday reflect what voters have said all along: The economy is by far the top issue on their minds.

Sixty-two percent of voters said the economy was the most important issue. Iraq was the most important for 10 percent, and terrorism and health care were each the top issue for 9 percent of voters.

The economy has dominated the last leg of the campaign trail as Sens. Barack Obama and John McCain have tried to convince voters that they are the best candidate to handle the financial crisis.

Filed under: Exit Polls
  1. itsmecissy

SOOOOOOOO especially proud to be an American tonight.

November 4, 2008 06:30 pm at 6:30 pm |
  2. sheretta

Jorge I agree with you 100% NO MORE BUSCH!! It has been 8 years of hell.

November 4, 2008 06:30 pm at 6:30 pm |
  3. T Kauhi

It's been a long time coming. Can't believe the day is finally here. Being in Hawaii, we'll probably know the outcome of the election long before our polls are closed, but I am confident in saying that we'll be partying tonight to celebrate the landslide victory of President Obama! Congratulations from your extended ohana here in Hawaii...aloha

November 4, 2008 06:31 pm at 6:31 pm |
  4. peter dunn

How odd to report on which issue the exiting voters thought were most important but not who they voted for?

November 4, 2008 06:32 pm at 6:32 pm |
  5. Anonymous

McCain/Palin 08!!

If Obama gets in, we can all kiss our jobs goodbye! Spreading the wealth isn't the answer. it'll only create more problems. If any of you own a small business, you may as well close up shop if he gets in! Personally, I don't want to see that happen to my family. MCCAIN/PALIN!!

November 4, 2008 06:32 pm at 6:32 pm |
  6. George Sutherland

Jorge and Anonymous - I admire your post-partisan, no-more-politics-as-usual spirit of unity.

November 4, 2008 06:32 pm at 6:32 pm |
  7. Ruben

The whole world needs Obama to be America's next President. Because America is the world's leader, God bless us all if he loses.

November 4, 2008 06:33 pm at 6:33 pm |
  8. Anonymous

I'm so excited about the redistrubtion of wealth since I'm not working

November 4, 2008 06:33 pm at 6:33 pm |
  9. Ernie Cole

If Obama and the Dem-wits are elected, then America you deserve everything that happens to you in the next four years !!!!!!!!!

November 4, 2008 06:34 pm at 6:34 pm |
  10. Shanna

I am ready for this to be over with. I wish we could find out right now. I will not be able to sleep tonight.

November 4, 2008 06:34 pm at 6:34 pm |
  11. David

Scary!

Be afraid! Be VERY VERY AFRAID!

November 4, 2008 06:34 pm at 6:34 pm |
  12. al

I am a Canadian and I wish I could have voted for OBAMA. I hope he wins, he is a better candidate.

November 4, 2008 06:35 pm at 6:35 pm |
  13. Gabriel Rivera-Cordova

We are minutes from begining to restore our nation's credibility in the world, as all countries expect, like we are, to aclaim Barack Obama as our commander in chief. His gifted mind , a national treasure, may serve us well in guiding us out of the economic mess in which this irresponsible administration has taken our nation.

November 4, 2008 06:36 pm at 6:36 pm |