November 4th, 2008

McCain aides see 'no path to victory'

(CNN) – Two senior aides to John McCain see "no path to victory," given the night's results so far.

The two advisors, who were crunching numbers for the Republican contender, were responding to a question via e-mail from CNN's Dana Bash, who has been covering the McCain campaign.

The aides asked not to named because the campaign is not commenting on internal discussions.

Three states that went Republican in 2004 have gone for Democrat Barack Obama, according to CNN projections - Iowa, New Mexico and Ohio.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama • John McCain
  1. lol

Palin is a good reason for all kids to study hard and stay in school so they never think, act, or sound like Palin.

November 4, 2008 10:49 pm at 10:49 pm |
  2. FJC

Can we once – just once – allow the voters to win not just an election, but four years of opportunity to pull America together in all its needs – and not just put up the obstacles to positive directions (change) and not just start up the engines for positioning for 2010 and 2012.

Give U.S. a break – we deserve and need it.

3. BATX

Never i my lifetime did I think I would witness so many people who pay no taxes and have no intelligent understanding of issues and policy control the decision on a significant chunk of my paycheck (considering that I am one of the 10% in this country that actually foot 80% of the total tax bill for the entire country).... Sad day for freedom, liberty and the grand old Flag.... Looks like January 21, 2009 will be the start of Socialism in America and the Founding Fathers will start to roll over in their graves....

4. sbr

id pay to see palin take it all off

5. Ree-Ree

I am crying......with Joy, my heart overfills. And yes, I trust that McCain is a decent and good man, However, "ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE". By far, it will not be easy for America to get back on track, however, if we all work together, we can overcome unfortunate barriers and the fear that lies in the chances of good Americans awaking in the middle of the night with the need of an emergency care and no insurance; The lost of so many homes of hard working people; The unforseen "pink slips" as a direct result of jobs being sent overseas, and the economy as a whole.

God Bless America. God Bless President Elect, Obama and God Bless You, the reader.

6. LawlCakes

@Sally- Don't really care about who the first Black person or First Lady we are gonna have..

All that matters, is which person gonna make a change here in the U.S

7. Kora New York/Chicago

Mc Cain was a liar and irresponsible man from day 1. Joe Plumber /without licence / and Palin there are two no no for him. Go Obama Go

8. Marcio

I did not think I would live to see a black man President of the United States. This is indeed a turning point for this great Country and I am sure it will make a big difference for America and Americans as part of the world community. I am excited to being a witness to this transformation.

9. not shocked

I'm not really surprised, with many areas having more registered voters than residents. Top that off with the black panthers blocking access. You all deserve what we are going to get. There will be no pullout of Iraq as promised, no tax breaks as promised. Tax increases for all.

I'm qutting my job so I can get some free money from all you idiots who voted for your boy the terrorist's best friend

10. Amazed in MA

People on this forum are ridiculous. You all complained in 2004 because of the popular vote. Are you watching the popular vote in this election. Even when Obama wins, 48% of the country voted for McCain. BTW, watch out for EFCA, when your workplace suddenly becomes unionized and you didn't get to vote for it.

11. Crystal In Texas

I voted today and felt very good about it. It was time for a CHANGE and i am glad to have been a part of history 2nite!

12. Bill Hewett

Maybe Mc and wailing Palin will go moose hunting an disappear into some unknown forest and never be heard from again.
    Bill

13. PATRICK

From the French Caribbean :

Sint Marten/Saint Martin

Vive OBAMA !!

USA should be proud to show the rest of the World a Big Change

Congratulations Folks !!

14. GOP for life.

THE TRUTH IS.....ALL WE DID TONIGHT WAS WEAKEN A COUNTRY.

15. martin

Obama the 1st black president 4rm Hawaii

16. Arlene

It's about time for diversity and change! Not old school politics and old ways of doing things. Sorry McCain but you're too old for the new school. Love, peace and happiness! Let's change the world together people!

November 4, 2008 10:51 pm at 10:51 pm |
  17. KT

Congratulations President Obama and Congratulations America! We can be so proud. We have not only elected the best person for the job, but the first African-American to the Presidency. We have come so far and I am more proud than ever to be an American! I live in the Chicago area and I cannot even describe the feeling of knowing that the next President is from here. I have friends who are downtown right now waiting to celebrate and they say that it is a euphoric atmosphere. Wish I was there!

November 4, 2008 10:51 pm at 10:51 pm |
  18. Pro lifer

It is a sad day for the 4,000 children per day murdered by the money hungry pro abortion machine. May God have mercy on this country and these politicians.

November 4, 2008 10:51 pm at 10:51 pm |
  19. Gary Roseborough

Ladies and gentleman "Here comes a change".

November 4, 2008 10:51 pm at 10:51 pm |
  20. JT

Now I get to blame everything in the world on democrats starting right now!!!

November 4, 2008 10:51 pm at 10:51 pm |
  21. Tim

Hope you're all prepared for a Democrat President and Congress. No checks and balances is a bad thing.

November 4, 2008 10:51 pm at 10:51 pm |
  22. Cliff

I have been watching the election via on line in Perth Australia. Good on USA this is history in the making and happy to be alive to witness it!

November 4, 2008 10:51 pm at 10:51 pm |
  23. livin in a mixed up world n lovin it!

And I also believe that women in this country are smart enough NOT to vote for some women JUST because she is a women. She is not qualified, period. Certainly NOT Hillary! It will happen, just not this election.

November 4, 2008 10:51 pm at 10:51 pm |
  24. sandee in Portland

To all those people that say countries that hate us are in favor of Obama because Obama's a terrorist, get a clue people. The reason those countries are in favor of Obama is because they now don't have to fear being invaded just because they don't think like we do. They know that we will have a President that makes important decisions based on intelligent analysis not hate. The election of Obama is going to profoundly affect the way the world views our country....from very negative to very good.

November 4, 2008 10:51 pm at 10:51 pm |