November 4th, 2008

McCain wins Louisiana, CNN projects

(CNN) – John McCain is on pace to win the state of Louisiana and its 9 Electoral Votes, CNN projects.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama • John McCain
  1. Dana Knight

Well there is a shocker....Hmmmm deep south voting for a anyone that's isn't white, straight, baptist or catholic!

November 4, 2008 09:51 pm at 9:51 pm |
  2. zawadi

I agree with above statment.

November 4, 2008 09:58 pm at 9:58 pm |
  3. m.e.

Don't forget how many people moved out after Katrina.

November 4, 2008 09:58 pm at 9:58 pm |
  4. Lizzie

It's happened many a time before and it'll happen again. (McCain, for the record, is neither of those religions...) just defending my home state, I wish it went the other way, but I'm proud it even held out this long tonight.
    Incidentally, I think if McCain had picked Jindal as his running mate, it would have worked out better for him and probably the nation...

November 4, 2008 09:58 pm at 9:58 pm |
  5. zawadi

I am always so ashamed of my home state of Louisiana :(

November 4, 2008 09:58 pm at 9:58 pm |
  6. Sarah Smith

How could Loosyanna and GAAAAGIA

be such racists???

oh well,

MACHTS NICHTS

you DEMENTS.. YOU VOTED

for PALIN ????

YOU DESERVE ALL THE CARPETBAGGING YOU EVER GOT!

November 4, 2008 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  7. wongamonger

Pathetic, considering how little the republican admin did for your state after Katrina. Just pathetic.

November 4, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  8. Junker

Uneducated, all of them.

November 4, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  9. Cheryl

I'll never understand why ANYone would vote for a republican after what they have done to this country, but most especially Louisiana. One can only shake their head – well, he doesn't a chance in hell, that's one good thing.

President Barack Obama 2008/2012

November 4, 2008 10:25 pm at 10:25 pm |
  10. Lost in Louisiana

It is way to early to give up yet. Orleans, Jefferson and many other parishes that vote Democratic have not submitted the votes yet. Only 10% of the state is in.

November 4, 2008 10:25 pm at 10:25 pm |
  11. sapodila

Bobby Jindal's supporters did that for the RNC. These folks was left out in the cold following Katrina. It's a shame the folks in Mississippi too felt that they should vote for the same ole Bush policy having been left out in the cold too. Race has definitely play in the south.

November 4, 2008 10:25 pm at 10:25 pm |
  12. Farrell, Houston, Tx

CINDY MCCAIN NEEDS TO DO SOME SOCIAL WORK IN LOUISIANA BEFORE GOING TO VIETNAM. THAT'S THE LEAST SHE CAN DO.

November 4, 2008 10:37 pm at 10:37 pm |
  13. Foreigner

Most of you are hoping blindly for a change and are hoping for Obama to be the next president.
    Well, go celebrate and enjoy 'cos in the next year or two, I'll be very happy to see you people moaning and cursing.
    As Rich Little always says,
    You ask for it!!!

November 4, 2008 11:35 pm at 11:35 pm |
  14. Mike

I would prefer Lionel Richie to be the first black president of America. Not OBAMA!!!
    I just can't trust him at all.
    American voted him, out of frustration!
    We're gonna pay a very high price for that.

November 4, 2008 11:56 pm at 11:56 pm |