November 4th, 2008

Castellanos: 'transformational' leader

(CNN) – The great modern American presidents have been transformational figures - Americans who could inspire a country with their words, lift it with their hopes and take our country into the future: FDR, JFK, Reagan.

These men took an uncertain country beyond economic depression and the arms race and the threat of nuclear war and led America into New Frontiers. Each began the country anew. They transformed the country they led.

Today, America faces a new global frontier, challenging our security and economic prominence. To lead us, we have chosen another New Frontier president, another transformational leader. He, like they, has the potential to inspire and unite and become one of our great transformational presidents.

May God bless him and keep him and guide him on a successful journey.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. zak willes

obama!!! heck ya

November 4, 2008 11:57 pm at 11:57 pm |
  2. one of the crowd

people are so excited, I hope this excitement will not sober up.
    I still think Hillary would be the real change for this country.
    Congratulation to Obama.

November 4, 2008 11:57 pm at 11:57 pm |
  3. IWASPROUDTOBEANAMERICAN

America died tonite. We watched a muslim socialist buy the most powerful position in our government with funds from the middle east. I have to question the comparison to Adolf Hitler promising a chicken in every pot. I get to watch Obama take my hard earned money and promise it to a deadbeat on welfare. Yeah!!!!!! He won't even put his hand over his heart for the national anthem.

November 4, 2008 11:57 pm at 11:57 pm |
  4. Tim Agren

I hope that you are right, but from all that I've read on Obama, I don't see him as that but someone who will be bad and put more of a tax burdun on the average person.

November 4, 2008 11:58 pm at 11:58 pm |
  5. memphis tn

congrats obama, may God be your protection throughout your term as well as your guide. now america can begin to change into a nation that can finally let down barriers and receive each other as people not races. As a wife, mom, and college student I thank God to have a president who now sees my needs and counts me as a person.

November 5, 2008 12:00 am at 12:00 am |
  6. Tat

I hope I am wrong about the course America chose today. I hope it's a transformation for the better, but I have severe doubts.

I'm certain the Obama supporters know what it's like to hope.

November 5, 2008 12:01 am at 12:01 am |
  7. From TX

FDR, JFK, and Reagan all said how they were going to do it.

November 5, 2008 12:03 am at 12:03 am |
  8. Phil

May God Bless us and your family. God Bless America!

November 5, 2008 12:04 am at 12:04 am |
  9. Camilo

YES WE DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally our country as elect a leader, that no matter what sex or race, for as long as is for the best of the country. Now we can celebrate a new coming of Great American leadership and now is the time to regain our number one status in the world!!!!!! Mccain is a good man but we could not afford his policies. God bless America and the world.

OBAMA/BIDEN 08

November 5, 2008 12:06 am at 12:06 am |
  10. Claudette Holmes

Check the map Obama. The South did not want you for President because you are a black Muslim, socialist, racist. I am buying ammo now before you outlaw it.

November 5, 2008 12:07 am at 12:07 am |
  11. flo - kc

i don't know about you.... but i,ve been soo moved! YES WE CAN! congratulations president elect....Barack Obama!

November 5, 2008 12:09 am at 12:09 am |
  12. Tim Agren

I hope that you are right, but from all that I've read on Obama, I don't see him as that but someone who will be bad and put more of a tax burden on the average person.

November 5, 2008 12:10 am at 12:10 am |
  13. No Hillary = No Obama

This guy is nothing more than a symbol. Let's see what he's really made of besides speeches and words and ego.

November 5, 2008 12:11 am at 12:11 am |
  14. dave

Get ready for the velvet Shaft pictures to go up in the White "purple" house

November 5, 2008 12:12 am at 12:12 am |
  15. God Bless the DREAM!

hate to say i told you so.......

YES WE CAN!!!!!

let the healing begin. "THE NEW DAWN OF AMERICAN LEADERSHIP IS A HAND"

GOBAMA/biden 08

November 5, 2008 12:14 am at 12:14 am |
  16. election watcher

Yeah, he'll transform my paychecks into tax payments.
    America loses today.

November 5, 2008 12:15 am at 12:15 am |
  17. Perusing-Through

IT IS DONE!

November 5, 2008 12:16 am at 12:16 am |
  18. Sue in MI

Wow. I have tears in my eyes and hope in my heart. Unite, America! We are better than what was shown during the campaign. We are good and just and all of us American.

November 5, 2008 12:18 am at 12:18 am |