November 4th, 2008

Polls too close to call in six key states

Wendy Bolton studies the ballot as she votes at First Ward Elementary School in Charlotte, NC.

(CNN) – The polls are too close for CNN to project a winner in six states, including the often-critical battleground of Ohio.

CNN is not currently projecting whether Republican John McCain or Democrat Barack Obama will win Georgia, Indiana, North Carolina, Virginia or West Virginia.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama • John McCain
  1. Lisa F SWPA

CNN please learn our language!!

It should state "Polls TOO close to call."

November 4, 2008 07:53 pm at 7:53 pm |
  2. M

A lot of you keep saying that if Obama loses, it is all because everybody is racist. Has it ever occurred to you that the only way you can get past racism is to quit using it as your excuse for everything. If you let it constantly be your source of blame, then we will never be able to get rid of it! I personally do not support Obama, but that isn't because I am a racist. I just don't like his stance on the issues.

November 4, 2008 07:53 pm at 7:53 pm |
  3. English Teacher

Please use correct grammer and spelling. The polls are "too close to call", not "to close to call".

November 4, 2008 07:53 pm at 7:53 pm |
  4. Jenna

Just because I didn't vote for Obama doesn't make me racist. And saying you must be racist for not voting for a man because of his skin color is just as bad as only voting for him because of his skin color. Either way I voted for McCain because I serve in the Army and I would rather my battle buddies come home safe and later, than sooner and in a body bag.

November 4, 2008 07:53 pm at 7:53 pm |
  5. Not a racist

If Obama losses it proves that he is a bad candidate for Presidency. I would rather make the decision of where my money should be spent not some inexperienced politician with an imaginary idea how to run the best Nation on Earth. Give a man a fish he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will eat for a life time. You can't give our hard earned dollars away to people who are not willing to take advantage of being born into a society with many opportunities. If people are going to believe that Obama lost due to racists than those people should pack up and move to Canada.

November 4, 2008 07:53 pm at 7:53 pm |
  6. Wow

Just because I am not voting for Obama doesn't make me a racist. I don't agree with gay marriage or abortion. That's why he isn't getting my vote..the color of his skin doesn't have a thing to do with it.

November 4, 2008 07:53 pm at 7:53 pm |
  7. English Teacher

I should practice what I preach. It's grammar, not grammer ;-)

November 4, 2008 07:53 pm at 7:53 pm |
  8. Hoeslappa

Yeah Yallz

November 4, 2008 07:54 pm at 7:54 pm |
  9. Tom

Medai has such an impact on everything else except what is important. Why can't we stick to the basics. Vote conservative and the government "generally" will spend less which means less out of your pocket. Vote liberal and generally you'll have more taxes, more regulation and less ability to make decisions for yourself. I'm voting Republican. Race, religion, personality really don't matter to me as much.

November 4, 2008 07:54 pm at 7:54 pm |
  10. Obama Supporter

"McCain Supporter" Maybe you should move to another country if you think that the USA is full of "idiots"...
    CHANGE IS NOW! VOTE OBAMA '08!

November 4, 2008 07:54 pm at 7:54 pm |
  11. Lynne

TIME FOR CHANGE is right...It's about time...

November 4, 2008 07:54 pm at 7:54 pm |
  12. jack

Not so important as the outcome of the race, but please fix the grammatical error in the title.

November 4, 2008 07:54 pm at 7:54 pm |