November 4th, 2008

Polls too close to call in six key states

Wendy Bolton studies the ballot as she votes at First Ward Elementary School in Charlotte, NC.

(CNN) – The polls are too close for CNN to project a winner in six states, including the often-critical battleground of Ohio.

CNN is not currently projecting whether Republican John McCain or Democrat Barack Obama will win Georgia, Indiana, North Carolina, Virginia or West Virginia.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama • John McCain
  1. Alyssa

PLEASE get on the grammar! it's "too", not "to". Whoever wrote this should be denied his or her journalism degree (if he or she was ever issued said)

November 4, 2008 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  2. FoolKiller

Polls "to" close to call in six key states?
    Product of a liberal education.
    And we should believe what you misspell why?

November 4, 2008 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  3. Ian Berg

It's wise to say "too close to call" at this early point in the night. They don't want to repeat the debacle of calling Florida for Gore in 2000 then rescinding it later.

November 4, 2008 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  4. Tbob

I thought this might be an intelligent forum but it is clear that Barrack's promise, and his goals are being clouded by people with color STILL ON the mind.

I am a Republican, white and have a Phd...I voted for Barrack. What does that make me?

November 4, 2008 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  5. C Curiel

If the law of attraction is accurate Obama will win. Global polls show that the rest of the world wants Obama to win 4 to 1 in his favor. Good luck Obama!

November 4, 2008 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  6. McCain Supporter

What i would like to know is why are we racist if Obama losses his race doesn't have anything to do with political beliefs and if i don't agree with them then how does that make me racist? Furthermore you would just be saying the same thing if Hillary was in this race only that the country is sexist instead of racist because she is a woman. So instead of being an ignorant fool on the internet think about what your saying before hand because stupid comments like our country is racist is not needed and furthermore most likely not supported by Obama himself. Whoever wins is our president and blaming it on something none related to politics is juvenile.

November 4, 2008 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  7. indifferent

if you're not an obama supporter it does not mean you're racist. there are people who actually read and support policies.

although i'm not saying mccain should win, just don't be contentious and confront others.

chill.

November 4, 2008 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  8. yesrighttovote

that was probably the most racist comment you could make. congrats!

9. Virginia Parks

Please fix it – too close to call. I hope Obama improves the educational system in the country.

10. CW

Are the polls to close early? OH, my bad, "toooooo" close to call.

Hey, McCain is doing better than I thought he would. Go John! (My dad was a plumber and a Republican when he died.)

11. Looser

Hey CNN you missed an "o" in your too. Who cares. I can't believe there are people checking spellings right now. There si an election going on, maybe you should pay attention to that

12. yoda

gotta love America..."to close to call". Dumb down dumb down.

13. marla

Typo in your headline:
    Polls to close to call in six key states

Should be: Polls "TOO" close, not "TO" close

14. glamiss

peter November 4th, 2008 7:43 pm ET

I thought this race was not about Race!

hahah! that's awesome :)

15. ken

Right on Rachel. Two bad moar wern't spent on edjacation in this country

16. McCain Supporter

You seem to forget who has been the majority in Congress for the last 4 years, Congress makes the laws the president signs them into law.

17. Simone

I am white and I believe that if obama loses it does mean that we are still a very racist country!

November 4, 2008 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  18. Picking The Lesser of 2 Evils (McCain)

I like how if Obama loses its because this country is racist and has nothing to with people disagreeing with his policies, whereas if Mccain loses its because people dont agree with his policies. Talk about hypocrisy

19. Jonah

"Polls TOO close to call..."

Thank you, please fix the error.

20. America First

I voted for John McCain, a true American hero. I trust him. I could never vote for Obama, a man who is the most liberal member of the Senate. I don't believe Obama will win and it has nothing to do with his race. It's his values. He's way off.

21. Jose

How can we ever tell if the count will be lagit? I'm an Obama man but, i seriously do not believe they will let him win...... Let us pray...

November 4, 2008 07:51 pm at 7:51 pm |
  22. seth W

ummm... Spell checker? pleeze.... really R we worried about grammer ore the prezident

November 4, 2008 07:51 pm at 7:51 pm |
  23. Terry M. Gardewine

What's it matter CNN you and the other media companies already have Obama claiming victory. SAD

November 4, 2008 07:51 pm at 7:51 pm |
  24. joe six pack

its sad that more people are concerned with grammar than the election. Although it drives me nuts to see it spelled 'to' instead of 'too'. You work for CNN for cryin' out loud!

November 4, 2008 07:51 pm at 7:51 pm |
  25. Concerned American

I couldnt have said it better:

Praying for the nation
    November 4th, 2008 7:45 pm ET

Voting for McCain does not reflect racism, but rather care for the national economy and a financial structure that is not reflective of socialism. Voting for McCain is also a vote against infanticide of children of all races.

November 4, 2008 07:51 pm at 7:51 pm |