November 4th, 2008

Polls too close to call in six key states

Wendy Bolton studies the ballot as she votes at First Ward Elementary School in Charlotte, NC.

(CNN) – The polls are too close for CNN to project a winner in six states, including the often-critical battleground of Ohio.

CNN is not currently projecting whether Republican John McCain or Democrat Barack Obama will win Georgia, Indiana, North Carolina, Virginia or West Virginia.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama • John McCain
  1. lmao

Im just gearing for the riots and looting and pillaging, Hurricane Katrinas older brother hittin nationwide yall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

2. John Smith

This is my comment.

3. Chasman

Why do people say that if Obama doesnt win that people are racist? Thats the stupidest thing I have ever heard. It means that people dont agree with him. I, for one, disagree with almost every one of his policy proposals (I do agree on abortion and civil rights). Therefore, I hope he does not win. But, if he does, I will hope that all Americans give him the respect and hope the best for the Senator from Illinois. I sincerely hope that McCain supporters are much more respectful of Obama than Obama supporters are of anyone who isnt buying what Obama is selling. To be called stupid, racist, unenlightened and to "go away for four years"...I thought the whole "change" thing was to rachet down the rancor and mean-spirited attacks. Apparently not.

4. motherof4

I'm a racist if I vote for McCain. Wow. I didn't know that I was a racist.
    That's amazing. I thought I just was a different mind that the Democratic Party.

That is sad that racism is going to be the word if Obama doesn't win.

5. R. Planet

A moderate.

6. GEORGE GARY

the only reason this is a racist issue is because multi reces are involved. but to say that if obama does not win makes me a racist, shows your ignorence and stupidity. Obama has court sealed most all his records? he says nothing of substance. how could anybody vote for someone with no record. Colen powell I would have voted for untill he backed obama, colen is either a recist or hes looking for a job!!!

7. John

Whoever wins wins ... no excuses. Support the winner or leave the country ... simple as that. We should all be united, not divided.

If Obama wins, terrorists win. If McCain wins, the rich wins.

8. natasha

i believe that god holds this in his hands and only he can decide
    go mccain

9. JDM

Ooh, bad form to blame racist white people for the outcome of a national election. I am sure that you didn't mean it that way.....so does that make you...wait don't tell me oh wait, I got it ...a racist????

10. McCain Supporter

If Obama loses this thing, it does NOT prove racism. I voted for McCain and I'm no racist. I personally don't believe Obama is qualified to be president or commander-in-chief. John McCain has over 20 years of experience in Washington compared to not quite 4 for Obama. There are too many factors at play and I believe it is wrong to call someone a racist just because they didn't vote for Obama. Get a clue.

11. gary

Reading the first comment posted only is proof that if John McCain wins tonight it will be blamed on racism and not the issues. Lets not forget, 90% of all African Americans are voting for Obama. Not because he is a Dem but because he is black. If John Mccain wins tonight I feel sorry for those that have worked so hard in small business because the riots and lootings will begin. By the way, I am a Veteran and African American and I voted for John Mccain.

12. Jennifer

Barack the Vote!!!!!

13. Moose Knuckle

Go Obama. Whoo Hoo!!

14. Mandy

personally im scared either way this election goes... there is either a man who refuses to stand for the american flag or one who says he can help our economy when in all seriousness he has no worries as he is married to a millionaire.... May the best one win i guess

15. allen

maybe the title is correct. maybe the polls are to close (at 8 pm local time) to call. maybe we're thinking they meant clos (soft s) and not cloz (z), but maybe they meant to close!

16. spellchecker

Thank you Em for noticing a grammatical mistake made by such a large news outlet. I see it "too"

17. TRUTH

George Bush the demise of the republican party

18. Peter (CA)

Obama Supporter-
    I already voted for Obama but I caution you to be careful what you say. We cannot turn this election into a one issue race. Some people will vote for McCain because they prefer his stand on abortion or gay marriage, or some other such issue. I can't argue with them on that.

Some will support McCain because they make more than $250K and don't want their taxes to go up. That is their right though I would caution them to think about the future of the country more than just what they need.

Some people are racists. It's obvious, but not all are.

19. Shawn

I don't see how people can just say that if McCain is elected pres. that we live in a racist country. I personally hate the views and concerns of Obama because he isn't prepared to run our country. He needs more time in the senate or the house to be truely ready to run our country. I am a full McCain supporter not because hes white (or Obama being black) but because I love his views for the economy. Don't be ignorantly voting on Obama cause you just want to have our first black president but because you actually like his views. I guess thats too hard to understand for some of the un-educated voters in our country though...

20. Griff

By CNN!.... I will a place open for you in Canada...

21. connie

drill baby drill
    mine baby mine
    mccain baby maccan
    palin baby palin

22. Chadd

Your right this country is still full of racism, you cant blame white americans of racism it is everyone. Black americans that have no sense of what Barack is about will vote for him because he is black, just as well as a white person would vote Mccain. It disgusts me how african americans throw the race card constantly. Im proud to say vote right vote white. I have absolutly no shame in that. Be proud of who you are and where you come from, i proudly say im white.

23. Michael in Houston

American Voter i have to agree with. Yes there is a racial componet to this race but there will always be people who vote thier own albeit Catholics, Babptist, black, white, whatever. There are still more of us who love Obama for what he stands for, than more of you who hate the color of his skin, so chill out folks, we will be ...I'm sorry I forgot....all Obama haters I 've been at this all day so let's say it together, 1.................2................3.............President Obama, no wdon't you feel good about yourself? You Betcha!

Obama/Biden 2012

24. ANDY AMES

WE ALREADY KNOW THERES AT LEAST 53 MILLION IDIOTS IN THIS COUNTRY! THAT'S HOW MANY VOTED TO "REELECT" GEORGE W. BUSH! NOW THATS AN IDIOT FOR YOU!

25. jen

God please help MI,
    just give us hope & real change=
    Obamanation!!!