November 4th, 2008

K.C. registration books problem resolved

(CNN) KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Polling locations that had incorrect registration rolls in Kansas City's 5th Ward now have the right books, according to Laura Egerdal, Communications Director for Missouri's Secretary of State's Office. She said the county dispatched additional pollworkers to help with the backlog of voters and long lines.

When judges for six precincts in the fifth ward opened the first set of books this morning, they discovered that the cover jackets did not match the registration rolls, said Board of Elections director Shelley McThomas. The covers - indicating ward, precinct and sequence numbers - were mixed up when the books were originally assembled.

"They looked like the right books, but when the judges opened them this morning they discovered, no, these pages aren't the right pages", McThomas said. New books were printed on-site at the Board of Elections after the problem was discovered, and were delivered by deputies to anxious judges and voters in the fifth ward.

Filed under: Missouri • Voter Problems
  1. Kay

Seems to me that in this technological age, if the voting equipment is so poorly put together, the problems are likely built in on purpose!

November 4, 2008 01:50 pm at 1:50 pm |
  2. frank

In couple hours the fall landscapes across of America will change the colors. The corruption, lies, dirty trick from another party is over by tomorrow. GOD BLESS AMERICA AND GOD BLESS PRESIDENT OBAMA !!!!!

November 4, 2008 01:53 pm at 1:53 pm |
  3. kdrr

If the Republicans posting here are a representaion of Republicans in general, I have a question. Why are you all so angry, uneducated , mean haters? Just the type of personality we DO NOT need in this fragile world.

Keep voting on the West Coast tonight!!!!!

November 4, 2008 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  4. Eric

Mo,

That is the same dumb rhetoric that has cost your candidate the campaign. If you would by chance take a second to read on your own, you would know that the number of poor whites are 2 to 1 over the number of blacks in the US. Secondly, the poor, white and black, have gotten stepped on for the last 8 years. Thirdly, not all poor people want to be poor. There are many who work 40 + hours a week and are still below the poverty level. Not all Black people voted for Obama because he is black. It is amazing that through your rhetoric, African Americans have been diminished to the point that we can't have the intellect to vote for a candidate that we believe in based on message. We CAN'T be that smart.

Get a life. And by the way, I am in the tax bracket to have my taxes increased.

November 4, 2008 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  5. frank

Fellow Christians. Do me a favor and quit spouting hatred in the name of God. You give us a bad name. It's no wonder people think a lot of Christians are hypocrites.

November 4, 2008 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |
  6. Eric

Please,

Looks like you should be on fact checking patrol. The areas that are having the most problems: Chesapeake, VA, Hampton Roads, Cleveland, OH, D.C., Philly, K.C.

They are "Heavy" Replublican. Get a grip.

November 4, 2008 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  7. Helen

Why are Republicans so mean? I am a Democrat who volunterred on Sunday to knock on doors. A really nice lady and I were given lists for a specific area and we each did one side of the street. She knocked at a door and when the man opened it he let his medium to large dogs out without even calling to them or trying to hold them. They were barking around her legs. Needless to say, this lady was a bit scared that she might get bitten.

When she told me about it and I asked her what party he was voting for she told me he was a Republican. These people preach Christianity and they think Democrats are heathens, but the majority of them are the meanest, saddest, heartless people around.

They are hypocrits. I will wave to them when I am going through the pearly gates and they are entering the dungeon.

November 4, 2008 02:49 pm at 2:49 pm |
  8. frank

Let's not overgeneralize either. Their are good and bad republicans and democrats. Both do tremendous acts of charity and kindness and both get arrested for the worst kinds of abuse and corruption.

November 4, 2008 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  9. Eric

Justin,

Is a vote for Pro-Choice a vote for abortion or the right of a woman to choose? It amazes me how all the "Pro-Lifers" back McCain who is Pro-War! I guess soldiers lives weren't apart of the Pro-Life pledge.

November 4, 2008 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  10. Midtown KC Voter

Those of you saying this part of KCMO is heavy GOP don't live here. I do. We are talking about voters in Westport, Plaza, Midtown, Valentine neighborhoods. That is where the problems where. Very democratic area. 10 to 1 Obama/McCain signs in yards. Trust me, I live here.

November 4, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  11. BM

I McCain wins, we will never have peace in the world.He must know something that we don't know. The only way Republicans can win is to be dishonest. They have always been dirty.Mediocrity rises it seems. Mcain who knows nothing about economis anf he will be entrusted with a failing economy?
    Joe the plumber speeding and given a warning? That just goes to show you that if you are white, you are right, no mater! what

November 4, 2008 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  12. Anonymous

McCain is not Pro-War, and has said he hates war numerous times. He was a POW for 5 years and was brutally beaten daily and you actually think he likes war? But he is also not going to let America be greatly at risk by cutting the military by 25% like the Democrats plan to do. He actually cares enough about our country that he wants to defend it from enemies. Wow, what a novel concept

November 4, 2008 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  13. Voter in Kansas City

To all voters in Kansas City, & the entire state of MO, don't give up, don't give in. I voted this morning about 7:30am and total wait time was about 50 minutes. I know standing in line for hours is not what we want to do, but for today, we HAVE to. Please go vote, don't get discouraged, and don't let anyone tell you your vote doesn't count.

He needs our vote & support. GO OBAMA!!!!!!!

November 4, 2008 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  14. BM

I notice that Cnn runs the Rev, Wright ad very, very often. I wonder why? I don't see any of Obama's ads when he outspent McCain

November 4, 2008 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  15. Proud to be American

Amen – The Prophecy Fullfilled....... seriously vote for Obama and Biden! for the sake of USA..... we will once again be an united America!

One love! One Nation!!!!!

November 4, 2008 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  16. Slvrstrks

Senator McCain reminds me of a spoiled child. He acts as if we owe him the presidency in payment of his "scars."

November 4, 2008 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  17. CHANGE YOU CAN'T WAIT FOR

BEWARE LIBERAL NAZI BLOGGERS ON PATROL WATCH WHAT YOU SAY. FREE SPEECH IS NOW VERBOTTEN

November 4, 2008 04:54 pm at 4:54 pm |