November 4th, 2008

Rove suggests landscape favors Obama

Karl Rove's Electoral prediction

Karl Rove's Electoral prediction

(CNN) - John McCain and his aides are still banking on a come-from-behind victory Tuesday, but the GOP's most famous political strategist is forecasting Obama is well positioned to win.

Karl Rove, the man widely credited with engineering President Bush's two successful White House bids, is out with a new map showing the Illinois senator will take the White House in an Electoral College landslide, winning 338 votes to John McCain's 200. That would be the largest Electoral College victory since 1996, when Bill Clinton defeated Bob Dole in a 379-159 rout.

Watch: Kenyans pulling for Obama

In an Electoral Map posted on Rove's Web site, the Republican mastermind shows Obama victories in several key battlegrounds, including virtually all of the states where polls suggest he currently enjoys a slim advantage. In fact, Rove believes Missouri is the only crucial battleground state McCain will carry, while Obama scores victories in Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Colorado, New Mexico, Minnesota, and Iowa. Rove also thinks Obama will win traditionally-Republican Virginia.

UPDATE: Rove has not made any definitive declarations, and writes some tight states - including Florida - could flip given some polling suggests movement in McCain's direction.

1. Greg in MN

Hmmm...Rove says Obama will win.

Which means that he does not have anything in place to steal this election I guess.

November 4, 2008 10:22 am at 10:22 am |
  2. Rural CA

Out west and off to the polls! Rove is unethical but not unintelligent. I laugh every time I see the Rev. Wright and the other attempted GOP scare ads. The time of fear dictating elections is over for the American people!

November 4, 2008 10:22 am at 10:22 am |
  3. arlene lyons

Palin should go back to Alaska and "kill baby seals"..on the other hand McCain might – i said might –have a gig on saturday night live.

November 4, 2008 10:22 am at 10:22 am |
  4. Nuwan Sam

Although I am suspicious about his motive, I agree on one thing with him. Obama will have a landslide victory.

November 4, 2008 10:23 am at 10:23 am |
  5. John

One dream comes true; a thousand dreams become possible.

November 4, 2008 10:23 am at 10:23 am |
  6. AD

HA!

-AD, voted 6:05 AM

November 4, 2008 10:23 am at 10:23 am |
  7. Nate in Mpls

I'm with Rove, but I also give Obama NC.

November 4, 2008 10:23 am at 10:23 am |
  8. Michael in Houston

Whatever Rove, we are still showing up regardless what you say. So since you are not counting on all of us to show up Rove, here is a number for you Obama will get 400 electorial votes. Now how does that taste, Cartman.

November 4, 2008 10:23 am at 10:23 am |
  9. Amir

I think its a tactic to ask Obama voters to stay at home. Can't believe a person who ticked Americans for the Bush and neocon victory can change the party line..
    "Republican" is not a party it is a state of mentality.

November 4, 2008 10:24 am at 10:24 am |
  10. Biff

Rove's map shows florida and Ohio going for Obama...

I don't know...

if Rove told me that water was wet, I would have to see for myself.

November 4, 2008 10:24 am at 10:24 am |
  11. NE DEM

He knows how to fix an election. I bet he's 100% correct!

November 4, 2008 10:24 am at 10:24 am |
  12. That one

Folks in the West.....I urge you to VOTE....Do not listen to rove because I think what he is doing is strategic....giving ou the warm and fuzzy so you do not go out to vote.....VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!! and please vote for "that one"

November 4, 2008 10:25 am at 10:25 am |
  13. Unshrub

The ads the republicans are running today are still negative. They just can't learn that people are tired of that type of campaign. It must be in their nature.

November 4, 2008 10:25 am at 10:25 am |
  14. FD

For once I find myself agreeing with Karl Rove.

Don't take this election for granted, go out and cast your vote!

Obama/Biden '08

November 4, 2008 10:25 am at 10:25 am |
  15. Kelley

Get out and VOTE!!!!! WE are the only ones who can get Obama in there! VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!

November 4, 2008 10:25 am at 10:25 am |
  16. Liz the Young Voter

HAHAHHA.
    wow, Karl Rove and I have the exact same electoral map prediction state for state.
    amazing.
    i would have never guessed that.

November 4, 2008 10:25 am at 10:25 am |
  17. JG

DEMS, don't pay attention to this, the REPUBLICANS want you to stay home. GO VOTE for the CHANGE WE NEED. If you have to stand in line for 4 hours, its OK. We don't need 4 more years of the same.

OBAMA\BIDEN 08!!!

November 4, 2008 10:25 am at 10:25 am |
  18. susie

People who use Park Bench in Ohio for their address are allowed to vote. Military personnel fighting over seas, their vote won't count because they got their ballots too late.

November 4, 2008 10:25 am at 10:25 am |
  19. LaJuan

Rove what a joke!! don't fall for it get out and VOTE!!!

November 4, 2008 10:25 am at 10:25 am |
  20. Florida Joe

Now if there was a way to vote Rove out of our lives forever the day would be perfect!!

November 4, 2008 10:25 am at 10:25 am |
  21. bev in ohio

The man is a crook – but he is not stupid. There are long lines everywhere in Ohio dummy and we aren't all conservatives.

November 4, 2008 10:25 am at 10:25 am |
  22. Steve Hamilton

EVERYBODY just get out and vote! (for Obama, of course!) Don't pay attention to pundits or polls. The only numbers that matter are the final numbers after the polls close.

November 4, 2008 10:25 am at 10:25 am |
  23. CanIcallyouJoe

This makes me worry more about Obama's victory than anything...

Everything Karl Rove says is a lie....

My mind cannot cope with the paradox.

November 4, 2008 10:26 am at 10:26 am |
  24. Emmett Till

Folks who are thinking about voting for Obama should read Rove's remarks as a plea to: "Stay home. You don't need to vote."

I hope you are all smarter than that. Please, please, invest the few minutes in exercising your constitutional right to vote. If you don't, you could inadvertantly doom us to four more years of the ugliness that this past eight years have been.

The rest of the world is praying that the people of the United States will allow a fresh new day to dawn–a day where the USA acts with dignity and generosity towards the world and not meanness and suspicion.

November 4, 2008 10:26 am at 10:26 am |
  25. globalgroove

I just voted for BO in Florida...and I feel sooooo good!!!!!

November 4, 2008 10:26 am at 10:26 am |