November 4th, 2008

Rove suggests landscape favors Obama

Karl Rove's Electoral prediction

Karl Rove's Electoral prediction

(CNN) - John McCain and his aides are still banking on a come-from-behind victory Tuesday, but the GOP's most famous political strategist is forecasting Obama is well positioned to win.

Karl Rove, the man widely credited with engineering President Bush's two successful White House bids, is out with a new map showing the Illinois senator will take the White House in an Electoral College landslide, winning 338 votes to John McCain's 200. That would be the largest Electoral College victory since 1996, when Bill Clinton defeated Bob Dole in a 379-159 rout.

Watch: Kenyans pulling for Obama

In an Electoral Map posted on Rove's Web site, the Republican mastermind shows Obama victories in several key battlegrounds, including virtually all of the states where polls suggest he currently enjoys a slim advantage. In fact, Rove believes Missouri is the only crucial battleground state McCain will carry, while Obama scores victories in Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Colorado, New Mexico, Minnesota, and Iowa. Rove also thinks Obama will win traditionally-Republican Virginia.

UPDATE: Rove has not made any definitive declarations, and writes some tight states - including Florida - could flip given some polling suggests movement in McCain's direction.

1. Richard Fox

I can just see it now.... Rove versus Palin in the 2012 Republican Primaries. Oh my... Stay strong Obama... stay strong!!!

November 4, 2008 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  2. Roland James

Give us a break. It is time for change. Do not listen to the pundits. Rove thinks that by saying it is over, people will not bother to go and vote. Vote for change.

November 4, 2008 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  3. Kendra in Indiana

Think Rove is right about all but Indiana. McCain will lose in Indiana. I was in line at 5:55am this morning and it was packed, line around the building. In a conservative area everyone was talking about voting for Obama. I cast my vote for "that one". The McCain of 2008 is not the McCain I adored in 2000. He has gone so far to the right I can not in good faith put my child's future in his hands. As for Palin she just scares the bejesus out of me!

November 4, 2008 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  4. Grzegorz NYC

I have a brain so I voted for McCain ( here in NYC)
    Democrats and what Barrack Hussein Obama says remind me of communists in my native Poland, that is why I'm a republican

5. Erik

Pat,

What exactly is "properity?" Great point otherwise though, don't vote for Obama because.........he's married. You've had your opportunity to destroy America, get out of the way. Go Obama.

6. Mandi In GA

Will vote for McCain around 3:30 today!!

Vote for chanage in all 57 states! I can not believe that some people are so stupid.

7. obamamaniac

Count one more vote for Obama in PA!!!!

8. alex

after calling obama every name in the book...in about eight hours you will have to call him Mr. President you arrogant gutless pig. yes you rove

9. Dont trust

GET OUT AND VOTE. DONT TRUST THIS GUY. IT IS NOT GOING TO BE A LANDSLIDE!!!!!!!

10. Janice M. Magona

I agree with Mr. Rove. America is in need of and will require the best minds to navigate our beloved country out of its economic coma and rebuild our integrity and honor globally. I underscore, I hope that
    Mr. Rove will choose the correct side of history and put the United States first and work with President Obama. The greater good is far better than ones political interest.

Thank you. Janice M. Magona

11. Diane

Rove should not be put in the national spotlight to be quoted on anything, even though I do hope he is right on this one. Having engineered the election of the most disgraceful administration in recent history Rove should sit quietly at home and say nothing more.

12. Bob From PA

Rove wants Obama to go light when deciding how to handle someone who is personally responsible for killing hundreds of thousands of innocent iraqis, and stealing 5 trillion dollars and handing it out to all of his friends. I have to admire the man, at least he did it very efficiently with NO BID CONTRACTS for 10 years.

13. scott s

A special day in our history, people.....

Enjoy...

14. bluemontanaJaney

It's a beautiful day, but it's not over yet. Help any way you can to spread the word and get out the vote!

15. Jeff Kuske

Rove is showing his true stars and stripes. He's a closet Obama supporter.

16. Tony

A walk in the park. This election isn't about race, national security or the economy. It's a total repudiation of the Dub and the Republican mess.

November 4, 2008 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  17. Nan

Remember to vote don't think your vote won't matter. Also, I find it interesting that when people like Pat want to say negative things about Obama they state Michelle as a reason not to vote for him. Michelle is an amazing woman. She has a brain and is a wonderful mother. As I am an Obama supporter I will give some credit to Cindy McCain also, yes she has had problems in the past but this woman has done some amazing volunteer work. Both women are women to be proud of.

November 4, 2008 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  18. FED UP!

If you're still undecided just remember the last 8 years of misery Bush has put us through.

McCain will only do the same – you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

He's been corrupted all his political life and will stay corrupted.

Vote for OBAMA

I already did!!

It's the RIGHT THING TO DO!!

November 4, 2008 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  19. kate in FL

Don't listen to Rove the Manipulator! He's trying to keep the Dems home today! We (democrats) still NEED to vote to make this all come true!

November 4, 2008 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  20. Goddess

My husband and I voted for Obama in NY.

Obama/Biden 08

November 4, 2008 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  21. chris

If this were really a "trick" what good does it do for you to espouse that view here? The only people that would fall for this "trick" would be those without a clue – said individuals more than likely do not browse CNN's website.

November 4, 2008 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  22. ednadavid

I voted this morning in New Jersey and there were lines from 6.00 am – the likes of which I have never seen in all my years of voting – looks like a landslide for somebody!

November 4, 2008 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  23. nemo

This is over with.

November 4, 2008 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  24. Angel

Rove's obession with Obama is getting out of control

November 4, 2008 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  25. depressed

well cnn and all you dems finally got the communist regime you all dream about

November 4, 2008 10:39 am at 10:39 am |