November 4th, 2008

Schneider: Kentucky vs. Vermont

From CNN Senior Political Analyst Bill Schneider

(CNN) - It's no surprise CNN has called Vermont for Barack Obama and Kentucky for John McCain. A look at the exit polls shows that both men won nearly every demographic across the board. These two states could not be more different!

Kentucky:

Vermont:

Filed under: 2008 Election • Kentucky • Vermont
  1. drew, chicago il

I think Javian need to read the label: no more than 6 capsules in a 24 hour period.

November 4, 2008 07:48 pm at 7:48 pm |
  2. jown anoldar

remeber when mccain won in iowa?

November 4, 2008 07:48 pm at 7:48 pm |
  3. Derrick Richards

Wow, I had a certain uneasiness in my gut that the media again was too liberal in its coverage. I am already sensing that Obama is just not getting the votes that everyone said he would be receiving. Even though I live in upstate NY and voted for Obama, I will never listen to your newscasts or those of other political pundits who kept saying that Obama was ahead in all the polls and such. Well, enough ranting and overblogging. Thanks for listening, Derrick

November 4, 2008 07:48 pm at 7:48 pm |
  4. shrtybrick

Jeremy you should get a grip!!!!!!!

November 4, 2008 07:48 pm at 7:48 pm |
  5. Aes86

Well,
    Seeing that I was raised in Kentucky, I cannot believe that you would call the entire state of Vermont illiterate...

Thank you for stereotyping...

November 4, 2008 07:48 pm at 7:48 pm |
  6. Democratic Vet

KY is a red state, come on!! We new it was..dont go pulling that mess Javian....stay on the high road.

November 4, 2008 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  7. Lucy in Kentucky

I certainly hope sandee in Portland gets to visit Kentucky sometime to educate herself on the deplorable, reductionistic nonsense she espoused in the first post. It is offensive and not at all what I would expect from an educated, erodite person from Portland.

November 4, 2008 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  8. Chad

Yeah, one state is full of normal people, and the other is fulle of pot-smoking hippies that elected Bernie Sanders, a socialist, to the senate. Hard to figure out which way Vermont was going to go...

November 4, 2008 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  9. Joe the Bummer

Cheating???OMG please.....One word for this guy...ACORN

November 4, 2008 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  10. jimmy

Its going to be awesome to wipe that smirk off the "mavericks" face in about 4hrs

November 4, 2008 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  11. Jeff

I think the biggest Issue in this presidential race isn't the Economy, rather, Is America ready for a Black President.

Only time will tell.

November 4, 2008 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  12. Brian in KY

Sandee...I think you're being to hard on those folks up in Vermont. Even though they are liberal, I think they can read a little bit.

November 4, 2008 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  13. Ben SF

It's still early. McCain will take the south and midwest. Obama should take most of the east and west. It's who gets to 270 first.

November 4, 2008 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  14. R. Planet

Obama simply isn't going to win many southern states. Nor is McCain going to win many northeastern states. No story here.

November 4, 2008 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  15. joe

yeah, I'm from Vermont. I'd like to think I'm educated. something about a global recession, a well conducted war, and this patriot act restoring all our basic freedoms is just too tempting though. Ignorance is like a drug, the more you have, the more you want. I NEED republicans to think for me....we all do.....shame on VT. Go Kentucky! The bourbon whisky really helps with your judgement!

November 4, 2008 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  16. Victor

Hmmm, sandee in Portland, I'm a Kentuckian with a Doctorate. Hardly uneducated. Have you ever even been to this state? Nice, real nice.

November 4, 2008 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  17. Vanessa W

This is exactly why the electoral college needs to go. The number of popular votes don't match the electoral college.

November 4, 2008 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  18. Chris

My guess is that the uneducated ones are in Portland, huh Sandee?

November 4, 2008 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  19. Fern

Don't generalize, people. There are Obama supporters in KY, just not enough unfortunately. It's cool.

November 4, 2008 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  20. Anti-PC Infidel

>One state has educated people and one state has illiterate people. Can you guess which one?

Obviously Kentucky has the educated, literate, common-sense population. That's why they voted against the person that wants to take your property and your liberty away from you and give it to someone else.

November 4, 2008 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  21. Bridgett

Hey I am not illiterate and I live in Florida! LOL

November 4, 2008 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  22. fletch349

One has conservative people and the other has liberal people.

November 4, 2008 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  23. Melanie

As a long time Vermont resident currently living in the Midwest - I have to say - I love Vermont and can always count on them to vote thoughtfully and intelligently.

November 4, 2008 07:51 pm at 7:51 pm |
  24. Dylan

Hey, that's eastern Kentucky. And look at how narrowly Obama lost. Considering Kentucky's background, I'd say we're making progress.

November 4, 2008 07:51 pm at 7:51 pm |
  25. Anonymous

This election is a clear choice, if Obama doesn't win this country has been stolen from its people.

November 4, 2008 07:51 pm at 7:51 pm |