November 4th, 2008

Schneider: Kentucky vs. Vermont

From CNN Senior Political Analyst Bill Schneider

(CNN) - It's no surprise CNN has called Vermont for Barack Obama and Kentucky for John McCain. A look at the exit polls shows that both men won nearly every demographic across the board. These two states could not be more different!

Kentucky:

Vermont:

Filed under: 2008 Election • Kentucky • Vermont
  1. Lauren

Why even respond to Javian, it appears he or she is probably not even old enough to vote making such immature comments.
    Any one with a high school education knows Kentucky would go to McCain, or any Republican who ran.

Oh wait,,,, thats right, I would imagine those voting for Obama have no high school education and are goign to be waiting in line for the money from the rich that Obama will give them.

November 4, 2008 07:56 pm at 7:56 pm |
  2. Obama 08

Obama is gonna win. And Kentucky has always been full of Racist republicians.

November 4, 2008 07:56 pm at 7:56 pm |
  3. Judy Zukoski, Barnesville, PA

Calm down Javian. Kentucky is only one State. The Nation, as a whole, is for Obama. I doubt there will be any more blatant "changes" in votes as there were in the 2000 and 2004 elections. Americans are now much more aware and will challenge that nonsense. Democracy will prevail, and our vote, as a Nation, is for Obama/Biden! We know it!

November 4, 2008 07:57 pm at 7:57 pm |
  4. Justin

This is no surprise at all. Once we start moving west, the real numbers will start to show. Nevada is going to be the catalyst.

November 4, 2008 07:57 pm at 7:57 pm |
  5. michael

Wow, deep analysis there dude

November 4, 2008 07:57 pm at 7:57 pm |
  6. may

I am from and still live in KY and voted for Obama. I was surprised he is receiving as many votes as he is. Like everyone else has already said, it is no surprise that KY voted McCain. Stop accusing people of cheating. There are more things to worry about than conspiracy theories...

November 4, 2008 07:57 pm at 7:57 pm |
  7. michelle

I am from VT and do not smoke pot, nor am I a Hippie. Oh, and I voted for Obama. Thanks Chad for that gross generalization. Awesome.

November 4, 2008 07:57 pm at 7:57 pm |
  8. Kate in Vermont

I have lived in Vermont for 10 years and lived in KY as a child to call everyone from Vermont illiterate is ridiculous did you ever stop to think that maybe we are just ready for a change?

November 4, 2008 07:57 pm at 7:57 pm |
  9. Shanabella

Gee what a shock –McCain wins a largely conservative, white, former confederate state and Obama would take a Liberal, more open minded state.

November 4, 2008 07:57 pm at 7:57 pm |
  10. raging independent

i seem to remember cnn, along with other news organizations, saying they were going to use restraint in calling races after the 2000 election. western states have hours to go before voting ends. i guess restraint is the key word......the press and restraint don't really go hand in hand.

November 4, 2008 07:58 pm at 7:58 pm |
  11. DKW

No suprise on KY, we are about as "red" as the soviet union was during the 70's...

November 4, 2008 07:58 pm at 7:58 pm |
  12. donna

#1 Portland is in Oregon and Maine! #2 I do live in Vermont and we did a GREAT job at voting!

November 4, 2008 07:59 pm at 7:59 pm |
  13. Christine CT

wow..so much emotion here. where's the landslide?

November 4, 2008 07:59 pm at 7:59 pm |
  14. DW in Kentucky

I live in rural Kentucky and I have spent most of my life getting educated. I have a BA, MS and MD degrees. The implication in sandee's statement is that I am illiterate because I live in Kentucky and voted for McCain. I was not really happy with either candidate, but it is statements like that by Obama supporters that has scared me the most about our future.

November 4, 2008 07:59 pm at 7:59 pm |
  15. wooga

Holden L,
    Kentucky was never a confederate state. Jeez, no wonder all the public school kiddies are voting for Obama....

November 4, 2008 07:59 pm at 7:59 pm |
  16. Free people own guns not slaves

Well...itss already begun...riots if McCain wins and calm if Obama wins.

November 4, 2008 08:00 pm at 8:00 pm |
  17. Christine CT

PROJECTION:
    Ill, CT, NJ, DEL, MD, ME, DC

WOOHOOO

November 4, 2008 08:01 pm at 8:01 pm |
  18. tysen

I live in florida! i dont live in boring old Kentucky GO OBAMA!!

November 4, 2008 08:01 pm at 8:01 pm |
  19. Mark

For the guy earlier who said Kentucky was a former confederate state he needs to check his history. Kentucky was a neutral state in the civil war and never seceded from the United States

November 4, 2008 08:02 pm at 8:02 pm |
  20. jack

Im from Kentucky,now wonder we allways at the bottom on every thing,we always go red

November 4, 2008 08:02 pm at 8:02 pm |
  21. DemSocial

Can anyone explain to me why they called South Carolina for McCain when the tally shows 55% for Obama?

November 4, 2008 08:02 pm at 8:02 pm |
  22. citizen

no matter where they're from, every voter chooses the candidate they believe to be the best for the job or whose campaign they agree with more. mccain is a fine candidate but obama is winning for a reason. don't call a state dumb...you're dumb for even making a statement like that

November 4, 2008 08:03 pm at 8:03 pm |
  23. Dwayne

doesnt matter who gets in.. the same thing is going to happen.. everything it takes to keep the wool over everybodies eyes... IT DOESNT MATTER WHO GETS IN!!!!!!!!!

November 4, 2008 08:03 pm at 8:03 pm |
  24. davidson

They are the ones ,like in WV who ran over to Iraq to kill Arabs for the the oil companies and for Israel at the insistence of Bush Cheney and MC Cain , so let them vote.

November 4, 2008 08:04 pm at 8:04 pm |
  25. Marian

Here We come Obama is going to blow up even with the Republican fraud???????
    Inteligent and Educaded people?. Answers Just take a look of the Obama Campain, that's some taste of Educaded people.

November 4, 2008 08:04 pm at 8:04 pm |