November 4th, 2008

Was Pennsylvania ever possible for McCain?

(CNN) – Is Pennsylvania really John McCain's last stand? For two weeks the McCain campaign has been saying that their path to the presidency ran through Pennsylvania. Now, their options are closing.
I am not sure why they ever thought they were open. Democrats had a 200,000 voter registration advantage in Pennsylvania this year. The McCain campaign didn't say it directly but they were hoping that white Democrats wouldn't vote for Obama. They did.

Filed under: John McCain
  1. achilles27

Maybe with a black man in the White House, Blacks will stop looking at themselves as victims waiting for a handout.

We can finally get rid of bogus Affirmative Action where we give special privledges and handouts based upon skin color. Blacks can start pulling their equal weight like others do and stop being an albatross around our collective necks pulling this country down with their need to blame and never accept responsibility for their lack of success in life.

November 4, 2008 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  2. Anonymous

Dee, I respectfully disagree. I think bigots should have the right to free expression-if anything, I am only amused to see them show their true color, with comments such as "first president of arab descent, his ancestry must go back to saladin" or some similar nonsense. I am expecting to see how "patriotic" the right wingers will be and how committed to democracy if the election results happen not to be to their liking.

November 4, 2008 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  3. phillyburbs

Please do not be guided by fear mongering. We are proving that we AMERICANS are too smart for the old tactics. WE AMERICANS have had ENOUGH of Bush. We are tired of being hated around the world due to our foreign policies. We are sick of it and today we stood up for CHANGE. Take a look at the crowd at the Biltmore!!
    Where's BAY BUCHANAN when you need her!!

November 4, 2008 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  4. yokie

not about white or black color, it's about the future of our country.
    i am not black or white person. but i will tell you this i am an american.

November 4, 2008 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  5. g-man

I can't believe this country has gotten into this condition where some-one with this little exp. could get elected, remember Carter!

November 4, 2008 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  6. Sara

achilles27 – I get the feeling you believe everything you see on FOX news. You better drive your large Dodge Ram or Ford F-150 to Canada tomorrow if you're so unhappy!

November 4, 2008 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  7. annee

Lets go to the park to greet your new Presidente!!!

November 4, 2008 10:11 pm at 10:11 pm |
  8. Ryan

achilles27, you need to get your facts....

November 4, 2008 10:19 pm at 10:19 pm |
  9. Michelle in PA

People, I write this comment with great sadness in my heart. So many of the people I have talked to weren't happy with either Obama or McCain. McCain, you seriously need to grow up. You sounded like a little kid running home to mommy after getting beat up by a neighborhood kid. Obama, You were right on in your remark to McCain that the American public doesn't care about his "feelings" we care about the issues. I saw gas prices hit $4.00 + a gal this summer! I had to pay $3.36 a gal for oil, that wiped out my savings. I could barely afford to work....

I think achilles27 hit the nail on the head when he/she said "No one knows Obama's thoughts on most key issues, not his hereos, not his advisors nor his friends, yet they support him blindly with no record and no vetting. This will be the election that proved how ignorant so many Americans are".

I just don't understand why, when so many people are dissatisfied with the original 2 candidates that are running for such an important office as President, they dont use their vote to "Vote for None of The Above" thereby creating a majority against either candidate, and making 2 new choices have to come out. Personally, I am tired of voting for the lesser of 2 evils! I want to be able to vote for someone I think really can do the job!

November 4, 2008 10:24 pm at 10:24 pm |
  10. Denise

The youth vote is why Obama is winning. Watch CNN you idiots. The Latino and Black votes helped Obama but this is the biggest youth turn out for a presidential election since the 1970s. Why can't 'some' people get over the race thing??? When polled....age mattered with 40% of voters...race mattered to only 20%. Just those stuck in the 19th century are still dwelling on race.

November 4, 2008 10:33 pm at 10:33 pm |
  11. Sara

Obama wins VIRGINIA!!!!

Go Hokies!

November 4, 2008 10:55 pm at 10:55 pm |
  12. Mike

I am soooooooooooooooooo happy not to have to listen to Bay Buchanon rain on the parade that celebrates the will of the people who have the faith in Obama and the Dems to bring fourth the changes that are so desperately need in American politics.

November 4, 2008 11:13 pm at 11:13 pm |
  13. Charles

White and black, blah blah blah. We aremoving forward. The race cqrtd is dead, thank God

November 4, 2008 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  14. Mike

achilles27.....read Anonymous you fool. You are a part of what is wrong in this country.

November 4, 2008 11:17 pm at 11:17 pm |