November 5th, 2008

Obama likely to stay out of view Wednesday

He's headed out of sight for a little while.
He's headed out of sight for a little while.

(CNN) - After a nearly two-year campaign for the White House, Barack Obama is likely to spend his first day as president-elect out of view from the public.

He will not hold a press conference, campaign aides told CNN, though he is expected to hold one by the end of the week. Obama had joked with reporters earlier this week he would talk to them on Wednesday, though aides quickly said that was not likely.

Instead, Obama will meet with key advisors and begin making decisions about his transition team, including who will serve as his White House chief of staff. Reports say Obama is close to naming Illinois Rep. Rahm Emanuel to that post, but that has not been confirmed.

UPDATE: According to the pool report, Obama appears to be staying away from cameras. A scheduled photo-op with his family did not happen, and the president-elect did not take his daughters to school, as Obama aides had suggested he would.

He was spotted making a trip to the gym, and he briefly waved to reporters as his car went by.

1. Sick

Really? Hidden? We should be so lucky!!!!

November 5, 2008 10:01 am at 10:01 am |
  2. Lisa D

THE FOLKS THAT TALK SMACK ABOUT OBAMA ARE WHATS WRONG WITH THE USA....... IF GOD COULD VOTE HE WOULD VOTED FOR OBAMA AND YOU KNOW WHAT HE PROBABILITY DID. GODS WILL FOR AMERICA!!!!! OBAMA!!!

November 5, 2008 10:01 am at 10:01 am |
  3. oscar

Thank you Americans! your likes are rare in the world. Complete the good work you have started by helping president Obama through your prayers and unalloyed cooperation to restore the economy and dignity of this great country. Just like the spirit and zeal you put forward to vote him in, put more efforts irrespective of Race or party affiliations to make your children, grand-children and future generation proud of you and the legacy you left for them. You will NEVER regret any one more possitive step you made. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

November 5, 2008 10:01 am at 10:01 am |
  4. Darrell

Super D
    I am in Canada and I know more about Obama then I know about some of my family because I wanted to research and find out who this guy is.Let me tell you every bit of his life and ideas is available for you.Everyone knew Bush and that did not go so well.Many American dreams were built on the unknown, and great things come from the unknown.Obama is a pretty easy guy to get to know and i am sure if you give him some time you will not be scared of him and one day may even be proud of him as your President.This is the best thing to happen to America in a long, long time.All the best to you !

November 5, 2008 10:01 am at 10:01 am |
  5. Jenn

I have tears in my eyes. May we all join together in peace, what a beautiful time it is. I have never been one to follow politics but I always felt Obama was someone special. Congrats Obama and to all of us who voted for him!!!! Yes!

November 5, 2008 10:01 am at 10:01 am |
  6. Roy - IL

Barack, hey take the day off, you earned it. McCain and Palin, you can also take a few months off.

November 5, 2008 10:01 am at 10:01 am |
  7. Dana from NY

I believe he will also be attending the funeral for his grandmother...

November 5, 2008 10:01 am at 10:01 am |
  8. Nan

Our forefathers created this beloved nation with the belief of "E PLURIBUS UNUM". This belief , this reality, has been spoken loudly through the vote. Out of many peoples, one nation!

November 5, 2008 10:01 am at 10:01 am |
  9. Pam

CONGRATULATIONS, AMERICA!!!

For all the negative ones that want to bask in their negativity, the rest of the world is moving on to working to make this world a better place! Thank God for His guiding hand through all of this!

November 5, 2008 10:01 am at 10:01 am |
  10. Veteran4Obama

Outstanding!!! Maybe now my vacation spot will change from the sands of Iraq to the sands of South Beach!!! There's always Afghanistan, but that's where we should have been all along!

November 5, 2008 10:01 am at 10:01 am |
  11. jimmy

BUSH AND CHENEY TOO MUCH FOR JOHN MCCAIN TO UNLOAD
    OFF HIS BACK.
    JOHN MCCAIN WILL LIVE AND CARRY HIS FAMILY TRADITION OF
    HONOR, DUTY AND LOVE OF COUNTRY .
    FOR THAT AMERICANS WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER HIM.
    a TRUE AMERICAN HERO WHO LOVED AMERICA AND GAVE IT ALL HE COULD GIVE.

November 5, 2008 10:01 am at 10:01 am |
  12. erp

WoW!! remarkable. history has been made. President Obama, thanks for your incredible work. Also, thanks to all the volunteers that worked many hours for your cause. Thank God almighty, we done it.

November 5, 2008 10:02 am at 10:02 am |
  13. Elizabeth

My prayer was answered! I wanted a man with character and dignity in the White House and God answered that prayer. Now I do not have to see McCain's claws coming at me anymore and I hope they ship that despicable creature, Palin, back to Alaska with her dude and I hope I never have to hear or see her again! She is so fresh that I am sure she will try to push herself back into the limelight!!!

November 5, 2008 10:02 am at 10:02 am |
  14. AZ Demo and Wife of Former Marine

For all of you on the other side; Greg, Welcome to the Obama Show, Andy, and others, if anything, you have no hope, you are stuck in the quagmire of the Republican mud. This young man who will be our President is the best hope that Americans have to return to the nation that we were before Bush. I have voted in every election since 1968. I watched Kennedy in 1962. We will never know what kind of President he would have been. I can tell you one thing, he made me proud to be a Democrat and an American and President Elect Obama has renewed not only me being a Democrat and an American but has helped to start a new generation of politics which I believe will put this country on track be the world leader that we once were.

November 5, 2008 10:02 am at 10:02 am |
  15. Julie T.

That's how Greg– and by dreamers. And all the money he was donated by "Undisclosed "internet contributions.Time will tell!. Be READY for HIGHER TAXES EVERYONE! Don't believe that crap about only people making over $250,000! Democrats Tax and spend all the time they can. God forbid if Pelosi ever gets any more power. I don't believe all the positive hype on Obama...its scary. No one even QUESTIONED any issues brought to light on his past.. especially the liberal media Obama got a FREE RIDE from them. Even the girls from The View,except for Elizabeth. Their bias could be cut with a knife. Frankly, I am disgusted. YOU all just enjoy your moment, it won't last!

November 5, 2008 10:02 am at 10:02 am |
  16. Linton

My stuff never gets posted here but I hope that as individualsa and Americans we will be able to put aside our differences and rally behind the new president elect and forget about those misguided statements and misguided campaign/propaganda that the GOP threw at Sen. Obama. Go USA

November 5, 2008 10:02 am at 10:02 am |
  17. Nick

The day after history was made...Thank God for you Obama! We have our spirit back, we have hope again to look forward and build a beautiful future!

November 5, 2008 10:02 am at 10:02 am |
  18. SJF

I slept the most beautiful, trouble-free, peaceful sleep last night! I am profoundly grateful that we all stood up and said ENOUGH.

Time for a fresh start America! Let's show the world what we can do – Yes We DID and Yes We CAN!!!

P.S. Michelle Obama is going to be a fantastic first lady. She can do anything.

November 5, 2008 10:03 am at 10:03 am |
  19. ggghhghhghg

yall need to stop hating on obama

November 5, 2008 10:03 am at 10:03 am |
  20. Dadams

Our next first lady looks very beautiful. The colors of her dress are the same as the colors in the albanian flag.
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 5, 2008 10:03 am at 10:03 am |
  21. Eleanor

congratulations!!! president elect Barack Obama and your wonderful
    family and to vice president elect Joe Biden and your family
    what a wonderful historical night!!!!
    I did cry because Baracks granny never made it a cple more days to see last night

to anyone who makes fun of michelle Obamas dress she DID make the * best dressed list * about a month or so ago
    I think most of her outfits are nice and unique

November 5, 2008 10:04 am at 10:04 am |
  22. Carl

We voted, americans spoke trought it. Now is the turn for President Obama to show to those that talk about corruption, where the corruption really was!!!
    God bless America
    God Bless President Obama so he can take Us to the top !!!!!!

November 5, 2008 10:04 am at 10:04 am |
  23. okaytosay

why can't we all just be positive and happy that change is good, and that the division should stop in our lives...let's get behind Obama and pray for him!!!!

November 5, 2008 10:04 am at 10:04 am |
  24. Kris

This is a sad day for America, Socialism is closer now than ever before.
    This Election was brought to you by Riggedbythemedia.com

November 5, 2008 10:04 am at 10:04 am |
  25. sad

Obama supporters- this is a fine mess you have gotten us into. Wait to see the results of your victory. He has NO experience, just rhetoric. Enjoy your victory.

November 5, 2008 10:04 am at 10:04 am |