November 6th, 2008

Source: Axelrod to be named presidential adviser

A source tells Candy Crowley that David Axelrod will be named Senior Adviser to the President-elect.

CHICAGO, Illinois (CNN) – A source with the Obama Transition team tells CNN Senior Political Correspondent Candy Crowley that a plan to name David Axelrod a Senior Adviser to the incoming President is "in the works."

Axelrod was the Obama presidential campaign's chief strategist, and a top adviser to Obama during his run for the Senate in 2004.

1. Obama Victim

what a loser

November 6, 2008 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  2. ednadavid

November 6, 2008 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  3. Bridgette-PA

YES, I LOVE DAVID, HE IS B...R...I....L....L....I....A....N....T

November 6, 2008 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  4. Dee

Makes sense to me...and I expect David Plouffe to have a position soon too...you have to have people you can TRUST around you...

And to all the whining Republicans, there are PLENTY of posts that he can put a Republican/Independent in so stop crying....

November 6, 2008 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  5. Dawn

If he worked miracles on the Campaign trail and they do a bang up job in the White House, He is a smart man and he wants the best of the best.

November 6, 2008 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  6. Gambino

Let it be known that President Elect Barack Obama is the most prepared presidential aspirant and president elect of all time.

November 6, 2008 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  7. Kia

Awesome, I'm glad Obama kept Axelrod around!

November 6, 2008 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  8. Gia in Los Angeles, CA

Axelrod is brilliant! I am so impressed with all of the people President-elect Obama is surrounding himself with.

November 6, 2008 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  9. Voter

Lets run this country like the campaign!

November 6, 2008 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  10. Laticia

Great – D.Axerold was a great champaign strategist – he was awesome – and I look forward to seeing more from him!!!

Obama is doing great – your surroundings are very important

November 6, 2008 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  11. Jozee

Axelrod is one brilliant strategist and I'm so pleased that he will remain with the Obama team at the White House. This man left no stone unturned in navigating the pathway to getting Obama elected.

All good news so far for the Obama transition to POTUS.

November 6, 2008 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  12. Lisa T

Another top-notch choice! Good job President-elect Obama!

November 6, 2008 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  13. change is in the air

Very good choice...he has been a part of all of this, and should stick around.

November 6, 2008 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  14. Ellie in Aurora, CO

No surprise there. I'm glad Axelrod is going to continue the journey! He is another calm, voice of reason that was extremely welcome during the election season.

November 6, 2008 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  15. JamaicanQueen

This will be an excellent and well deserved choice!

November 6, 2008 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  16. THE END OF AMERICA by OBAMA

You two should be sure to send flowers to ACORN for all their help getting you the white house.

November 6, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  17. Va4Obama

I can only think of a slogan I saw on a taxi cab which is a play on another popular slogan: If it ain't broke, don't break it!

November 6, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  18. nicolevoter

ANOTHER GREAT PICK!!! I
    FINALLY SET UP MY 401K WITH MY NEW JOB WITH CONFIDENCE THAT WHEN I RETIRE 50 YEARS FROM NOW, I CAN THANK OBAMA FOR GETTING THE BALL ROLLING AGAIN!!!

GOBAMA
    PRESIDENT
    FOR
    ALL

November 6, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  19. KLEE

this is fun.

November 6, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  20. Creole

He's a smart guy ... what do we pay a Senior Advisor?

November 6, 2008 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  21. Lydia

good move Team Obama =)

November 6, 2008 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  22. Coherent1

After the way Axelrod handled the Obama campaign, this would only be sure genius.

November 6, 2008 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  23. Wilson, Seattle

Good. The man is clearly a genius. Whatever you say about Obama, you have to admit the strategy execution of his campaign were brilliant and nearly flawless. I think its safe to say Axelrod had a lot to do with that.

November 6, 2008 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  24. Leo

Lieberman is a true American and understands what made this country great. He did not drink the Kool-Aid all of you liberal haters did, but rather used his brain. He saw what was best for this country and acted on it. I am proud of him. Can't wait to see how Obama plans to CHANGE Washington by filling his admistration with career politicians and Washington insiders. I am beginning to lose HOPE for Obama's CHANGE.

Hannity/Palin 2012!

November 6, 2008 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  25. Shelli, WV

With the great campaign they had....this is GREAT news!!! They made an awesome team!

November 6, 2008 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |