November 7th, 2008

Palin calls attacks 'cruel' and 'cowardly'

Sources close to John McCain say Sarah Palin was denied a chance to speak at McCain's concession address.

(CNN) - Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin called former aides of Sen. John McCain "jerks" for circulating unflattering stories about her since the Republican ticket lost its bid for the White House Tuesday.

The stories, which have been attributed to unnamed sources within the McCain campaign, include claims that Palin did not know Africa was a continent instead of a country, or which countries are part of the North American Free Trade Agreement, despite touting her familiarity with neighboring Canada.

Speaking with CNN's Gary Tuchman after returning to Alaska, Palin speculated those stories may have originated with campaign staffers who helped her prepare for her debate with Democratic Vice President-elect Joe Biden.

Full story

Filed under: John McCain
  1. Steve the I.T. guy

go away mongers- Ventura,CA November 7th, 2008 11:54 pm ET

Love watching these people go at each other. Can you imagine if they had won?

***************************************
    Actually, yes I can. From what I've been told, I'd imagine we'd still be putting out the Fires and dealing with widespread Looting. Would it have really happened? I don't know, and I'd hope it wasn't going to happen either. However, I do know my Uncle who is a hardcore Republican in S. Carolina had an Obama sign on his property, along with a bunch of their neighbors who are also Republicans who didn't want their homes damaged if Obama was to lose. I guess in a way, I'm thankful we will never find out.

November 8, 2008 12:11 am at 12:11 am |
  2. Pat in Cali

After perpetrating the biggest fraud on the American people since Bush's first term, it's good to see that somebody is willing to come clean.

The mudslide continues.

November 8, 2008 12:15 am at 12:15 am |
  3. justaspark

It's OK to make allegations about someone else, take things out of context and ignore what doesn't fit your agenda, but it's unfair, mean-spirited and wrong for those "jerks" to take something YOU said out of context? Right.

November 8, 2008 12:16 am at 12:16 am |
  4. Carl from MI

Poor Cinderilla from Wasilla!!! If the shoe fits...

As for LEAVING HER ALONE... IT'S HER OWN REPUBLICAN PEOPLE ATTACKIING HER!! AND AS LONG AS THEY KEEP ATTACKING HER FOR BEING STOOPID... I'M GOING TO KEEP LAUGHING AT HOW STOOPID THEY KEEP SAYING SHE IS!!!

And if she can't take the heat... she needs to stay out of the kitchen. It's not safe out in the world of politics down here in the lower 48 states. People fight back and you don't get elected for being corrupt like you do up in Alaska!! If she wants to compete down here in the lower 48 states... she better get used to getting it back as good as she gives it, and she gave it REAL good during the campaign.

What goes around comes around Ms. Palin... and you are DUE your share of what is coming to you!!!

November 8, 2008 12:16 am at 12:16 am |
  5. ana 4 women

I am glad she went back to Alaska, preaching hate and separation
    She was setting women rights 40 years back; we have enough airheads on TV. We should never compare her to Hillary and any other intellectual women it is not against the feminist movement. It is about narrow-minded people who do not belong to our time and especially to our government

November 8, 2008 12:16 am at 12:16 am |
  6. Lim

Folks, stop drinking the Kool-Aid already!

November 8, 2008 12:19 am at 12:19 am |
  7. J

Please stop talking about Sarah Palin. I never want to hear her name again. Ever.

November 8, 2008 12:21 am at 12:21 am |
  8. KB

The criticism of her intelligence would be a little more impressive if anyone on this blog could spell.

November 8, 2008 12:23 am at 12:23 am |
  9. Mike

Chasing Wolves by airplane until they can't run anymore then pumping 30-0 6 bullets into them is cruel and cowardly too. There are only a few thousand wolves left in Alaska. They deserve their natural life. The argument by hunters that they get too many moose is a bogus lie. Mostly, it's just an activity by those that like to get off by killing something that can't fight back. Palin is an uneducated phony. I'm 1/4 American Indian and have made 15 trips to Alaska , from Kodiak to the Brooks range'
    Misha.

November 8, 2008 12:28 am at 12:28 am |
  10. KD Oregon

Sarah sweetheart, you reap what you sow. Isn't that from the bible?

November 8, 2008 12:29 am at 12:29 am |
  11. KD Oregon

Sarah, you reap what you sow. Now go away.

November 8, 2008 12:30 am at 12:30 am |
  12. such an idot

She was such an idot, but her ego was infinite. That was the only thing I felt sorry for her. The more she defends herself , the more I believe she deserves whatever she have got. So please keep quiet, that is the best thing she can do. I can never imagine that a politician can not take any criticism. Grow up and first learn how to take criticism.

She is very attractive when she is quiet. But when she starts to speak, I feel that she is just a stupid, arrogant, hatred mad dog. It is really hard for me to imagine that she is a good christian as she claims herself to be. To me, she is a super fake person.

November 8, 2008 12:32 am at 12:32 am |
  13. Dexter Skagway

Palin's belief that Africa is a country was taken out of context? I wonder if there is any context that thinking Africa is a country can rationally fit?

November 8, 2008 12:32 am at 12:32 am |
  14. Independent for USA only

God bless Alaska! Palin is a real test to you guys. Americans can survive Bush's poor administration. You guys can also survive Palin's governing, as long as she promises not to take any phone call from Canada in the future.

November 8, 2008 12:39 am at 12:39 am |
  15. alexis

poor palin..now has to defend herself from the very same people who brought her...all the truth coming out now...

by the way..did she return the clothes??

November 8, 2008 12:41 am at 12:41 am |
  16. Keeka

If McCain haed wosn the presidency, they would be praising her!!! She helped his campaign and made him (McCain) more interesting. I think he should be defending her. He picked her!!!! If they (Republicans) didn't agree with anything Palin was doing, it should have been noted sooner!!!

November 8, 2008 12:49 am at 12:49 am |
  17. Ryan

Look at all the angry messages everyone is typing. Obama supporters are really uniting the world one insult at a time. haha

I think everyone on here needs to get a life and move on. She isn't your Vice President elect, you don't have to worry about her anymore.

November 8, 2008 12:50 am at 12:50 am |
  18. Fritz

Were these allegations true or not?
    Rather than attacking the messenger, it makes sense to discuss whether these comments are true. If they are, attacking the messenger is a pathetic attempt to deflect deserved criticism. If the comments are untrue, they should be dismissed as a fabrication.
    Based upon the behavior of Palin, it sure seems that these comments are true.

November 8, 2008 12:51 am at 12:51 am |
  19. Boricua4Obama

Does this woman ever take responsibility for anything? Everything she does or says wrong is someone else's fault. Actually I don't really care. I'm sick to death of seeing her and hearing her whiny, annoying voice. I wish the media would leave her alone so that she goes away and we never hear or see her again and we can all pretend she was just a bad, bad dream *deep breath*.

This is officially my last post regarding this woman.

November 8, 2008 12:56 am at 12:56 am |
  20. BKB

If Ms. Palin was treated by badly by MCCain staff that is ufornate. I am very glad the truth about her lack of knoweldge adn curiosity has been made public. No one regardless of party, sex or color this uninformed and should be a heart beat from the presidency. Shame on John MCain AND the anti intellectual constiuency she was selected to attract.

November 8, 2008 01:01 am at 1:01 am |
  21. Betty, Virginia

It's not meanspirited when they are telling the truth... which is more than we can say for Sarah. It's not the media who opened their mouth and said stupid things. McCain may have picked her but she wasn't even smart enough to know when to say "Thanks, but no thanks..."

Bah bye diva...

November 8, 2008 01:01 am at 1:01 am |
  22. grahame

Sarah Palin whines about being taken 'out of context' Her lies about Obama were never taken out of context. If it walks like a duck etc;
    John McCain is the defacto leader of the Republicam Party and it was on his say so who should be VP. Not the Republican inner circle. They advise but it was his final decision to pick her to rally the right wing.

I just love the way she accuses the rest of America for not giving rights to women like they do in Alaska. If shooting animals from a helicopter with an AK47 is her interpretation of equal rights then she can keep it.

Terrible woman

November 8, 2008 01:02 am at 1:02 am |
  23. Sandy

Steve the I.T. guy wrote:

------------–

It's that type of thinking the reason the majority of Americans voted the republicans out.

November 8, 2008 01:02 am at 1:02 am |
  24. turkeykiller38

SO tired of hearing Sarah Palin was NOT ready to be VP......
    Listen, she is the Govenor of Alaska, I know what "some" are saying, but really just listen to what you are saying.......
    Sarah Palin has no experience, Barack Obama does.
    First, that is a sentence that your English teacher would say is wrong.
    Second, Sarah Palin is the Governor of a State.
    Third, Alaska is a State whether you are aware of it or not, ok it might be cold there, but, it is still a State.

November 8, 2008 01:06 am at 1:06 am |
  25. DOCS 3

WE HERE IN THE SOUTH BEING MINORITY AND EXPERIENCING THE
    "REDNECK SYNDROME" DON'T HAVE ONE OUNCE OF FEELINGS FOR THIS LADY. IT IS FRIGHTENING TO SEE SO MANY IN THE REPUBLICAN PARTY DID NOT SEE THROUGH THIS SHELL OF A FAKE POLITICIAN. HER WHOLE MEANING OF LIFE IS CENTER ON DIVISION. NOW MCCAIN AND THE REST THAT WAS INVOLVED IN HIS RUN FOR #1 ARE EXPERIENCING WHAT WE HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING SINCE OUR FRIST DOCKING OF THESE SHORES AS SLAVES. PEOPLE (REDNECKS) LIKE HER HAVE NO SENSE OF WHAT ARE THE GREATER "GOODS" FOR "WE THE ENTIRE PEOPLE". THE ONLY THINGS WE FEEL SORRY FOR NOW THAT THERE ARE NO LONGER ANY REMOTE POSSIBILITIES OF HER IMPACT ON OUR LIVES ARE THE MOOSE, ELK AND OTHER ANIMALS IN HER STATE' WE HOPE THAT SOMEONE WILL TELL HER THAT "WORDS" DO MATTER.

November 8, 2008 01:27 am at 1:27 am |