November 7th, 2008

Palin calls attacks 'cruel' and 'cowardly'

Sources close to John McCain say Sarah Palin was denied a chance to speak at McCain's concession address.

(CNN) - Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin called former aides of Sen. John McCain "jerks" for circulating unflattering stories about her since the Republican ticket lost its bid for the White House Tuesday.

The stories, which have been attributed to unnamed sources within the McCain campaign, include claims that Palin did not know Africa was a continent instead of a country, or which countries are part of the North American Free Trade Agreement, despite touting her familiarity with neighboring Canada.

Speaking with CNN's Gary Tuchman after returning to Alaska, Palin speculated those stories may have originated with campaign staffers who helped her prepare for her debate with Democratic Vice President-elect Joe Biden.

Full story

Filed under: John McCain
  1. jeff @ MA

One word: Kharma.

November 7, 2008 10:47 pm at 10:47 pm |
  2. Jammie

Who cares...This woman is damm!!!
    Hey Sarah
    I can see airport from my apartment window.
    Can I be a pilot??????1

November 7, 2008 10:47 pm at 10:47 pm |
  3. That Other Jerry

And I thought all you people on here were just angry, ignorant Democrats. Now I find out you're all former McCain staffers! Makes so much sense now...

November 7, 2008 10:48 pm at 10:48 pm |
  4. Wanda an Obama Supporter

Well, Ms. Palin as the saying goes "you reap what you sow". You sowed heaps of words of discord and racial incitement into your rallies and didn't think twice about it. You can dish it out heavy but when it turns on you and it's your turn, you now want to cry foul. Sorry, dear, you started it. The evilness and vile comments that proceeded out of your mouth with a bit of a smile and a wink made you despicable. But as you can see, it didn't work. The American people spoke loud and clear. We didn't like it and we made sure you and McCain wasn't going to bring that type of behavior and rhetoric into our White House. Only integral people did we want in the WH. Obama remained cool, calm, and collected under all of those attacks and the American people backed him all the way and that's why he is our POTUS.

November 7, 2008 10:48 pm at 10:48 pm |
  5. Steve the I.T. guy

You must be right Sue in MI. Obama is going to bring the troops home, sometime after fixing the economy right? Cause that's 1st on his list of things to do right now. So, once he fixes the economy somewhere in his 1st term...maybe second as he has said, then he's going to fix Iraq and Afghanstan? What exactly are his plans for troop withdraw? He never talked about it during all these speeches, but he sure did talk about saving 10 billion a month. Maybe he can just stop funding them? Wouldn't be the first time a President hung troops out left to dry on foreign soil.

You know, I really hope my gut feeling about Obama is wrong. He promised a heck of a lot of stuff while running for President, lets see how much he can keep without destroying the US while he's at it.

November 7, 2008 10:49 pm at 10:49 pm |
  6. Love Huckabee

She's a complete idiot!

SARAH I HAVE NOT RESPECT FOR YOU...GO BACK TO ALASKA. YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW....YOU ARE A SHAMELESS WOMAN. GROW UP!

November 7, 2008 10:49 pm at 10:49 pm |
  7. Nannie Bouroughs

I see America is at its BEST AGAIN!

Everytime a woman enters the political arena the immature male population has to PUT HER IN HER PLACE!

Gee, it must be great to have ALL THE POWER and be AFRAID that a WOMAN will take it away from you and reveal the fact that you are simply power hungry morons...

November 7, 2008 10:50 pm at 10:50 pm |
  8. Voted for OBAMA in Louisiana

I really think it's childish of the McCain aides trying to paint her as so ignorant now. The American people (well most of us) already knew she's not all that book smart. I'd rather read about the first dog compared to Sarah Palin stories. Buh-bye Palin. Buh-bye now.

November 7, 2008 10:50 pm at 10:50 pm |
  9. Joyce

I don't expect this to be run on this blog either – but I'll try again. So many people mad at Sarah Palin for daring to point out flaws in Obama – how dare she! How did anyone expect the Republicans to point out what many believe valid questions about Obama's relationships, policies, etc. The press certainly would not print anything negative. These same people are so vile. I wonder how many of you who call her stupid actually have a college degree? Been Mayor of a city? Govenor of a State? And Obama? One of his first remarks about her was that McCain had a running mate who used to be Mayor of a small city. He forgot to mention she was currently a govenor!

November 7, 2008 10:51 pm at 10:51 pm |
  10. jklawson

"mean spirited and cruel"..The lady doth protest too much me thinketh.
    Alas race bating is somehow not cruel and mean spirited but calling someone on their ignorance is?
    grow up.

November 7, 2008 10:52 pm at 10:52 pm |
  11. Randy

VETS4Obama, being military myself, I really wish you would use another username if you are going to belittle people on this site.

November 7, 2008 10:54 pm at 10:54 pm |
  12. bob

Now the shoe is on the other foot. Palin really dished it out in true pit bull fashion against Barack. Whether it was in context or out, true or false she was relentless. But when it is done to her, she whines. Barack never attacked her, he always went after McCain. But she did not even congratulate her President on his victory. Barack is truly a strong leader and the right man for the job. Mc Cain could not handle all of that pressure. He would have become unglued. The Republicans used devisiveness as their tool during the whole campaign and were not smart enough to see that it did not work. It just made Barack stronger. CNN probably won't print this because they are upset about the Obama victory.

November 7, 2008 10:55 pm at 10:55 pm |
  13. Ed, Santa Fe, NM

AH SHUT UP....

Liberal media, sexism, and on and on... always an excuse and someone else to blame.

The boob was not qualified, can't put 2 sentences together, and lies and whines.

BOOB!

November 7, 2008 10:56 pm at 10:56 pm |
  14. Ken

If you dress an ignorant pig at Neiman Marcus it is still an ignorant pig?

November 7, 2008 10:56 pm at 10:56 pm |
  15. samtherealamerican

Sue in MI November 7th, 2008 9:38 pm ET

So I guess her attacks on Obama were "cruel" and "cowardly" too ?

So fox news and these right wing radio station she seems to be in love with are not part of the stinkers ?

I also hope that President Elect Obama is not considering working on securing energy independence for America or anything else with this women. Over 60 million Americans voted for OBAMA he had an electoral college landslide I think the people of this country has spoken. But the GOP still doesnt seem to get it.

November 7, 2008 10:59 pm at 10:59 pm |
  16. Vic

As if the Republican Party needed any more slams. This lady is a brilliant person and politician. McCain's campaign staff were so incompetent that they had to find a scapegoat for their miserable failings. If the RNC doesn't step in and stanch these lies and low life dealings, it'll be another 50 years before they come to power. I just hope Sarah Palin goes on to have a successful political career, as she deserves and we can only wish her good luck.

November 7, 2008 11:00 pm at 11:00 pm |
  17. Amy

I truly believe that those McCain aides are telling the truth about Palin.

Like the majority of America, they had enough of her diva behavior and her tantrums and her complete lack of disrespect, and I guess they wanted to get back at Palin for what she did to them throughout the campaign. Yes, it certainly was very immature on their part. But why else would they bring these accusations to light? What would be their motive in doing so? To make themselves look even worse than they already look? McCain's aides are not stupid! I'm sure they know that they look like a bunch of fools after running such a horrible campaign, and I'm sure they take full responsiblity for McCain's loss due to their severe lack of judgement.

Why isn't McCain sticking up for her? Seriously, if he truly cared for her and believed that she was a good, smart person, he would defend her. I guess we will see what McCain has to say in time. However, I'm sure he's quietly at home hanging his head in shame, going over the things he could have done to get elected. I'm sure he has many regrets.

November 7, 2008 11:01 pm at 11:01 pm |
  18. ron

woman have a way of putting there own failing upon men and i m sorry it time for this world to reach down into there own souls and remember your respocable for your actions
    given time she may find some native intelegent but not now there was two much at stake this time around and as much as she would like to think shes reeadty she was grossly undersuted for the job of being vp

November 7, 2008 11:01 pm at 11:01 pm |
  19. unit731

I hate Palin.
    I hate everything she stands for.
    I hope she never comes back.

But...

this is ain't cool.

after all she did for the Mccain ticket
    after she energized the Republican base

The Repugblican'ts are throwing her under the bus
    if Mccain is the "Maverick" he claims he should stand up for her.

November 7, 2008 11:02 pm at 11:02 pm |
  20. IowaMom

Cathy, Peoria AZ November 7th, 2008 10:23 pm ET

Iowa Mom, the only person who did this to Sarah Palin was Sarah Palin. She knew she was not ready for this and could have said no.
    She is not geniune, defintely not articulate and I believe knows more about how to be a Washington insider than you give her credit for.
    The GOP needs to looks to the Tim Pawlenty's and Bobby Jindahl's of their party for leadership and potential bipartinship. There is where the future of the GOP lies NOT Sarah Palin.
    My guess is there is more truth than fiction from the McCain campagin staff about Gov Palin's ability. I would suggest she stay in Alaska and continue being Governor until the good citizens replace her!

*********************************************************************

Oh, I so agree with you!! It was never McCain I disliked it was her. But the point I was trying to make is honestly, I want us all to try and work together to make this nation great. I guess sometimes after listening to so much hate, my message gets a little lost. ;o)

November 7, 2008 11:02 pm at 11:02 pm |
  21. bkrane/pgh

McNeil River, Katmai, Denali, Chilcoot Trail, Atka etc. etc. have hypnotically drawn me to the Land of the Midnight Sun for many years. Governor Palin, somehow Alaska will never be the same. You have done your state a great injustice.

November 7, 2008 11:03 pm at 11:03 pm |
  22. Don't Hit Me, I'm a Girl!

She's kidding right ???

If you listen to her complaints and then apply them to what she said on the campaign trail about Obama ... what's the difference???

Palin knowingly repeatedly lied about Obama on things she HAD TO KNOW were false.

I have ZERO sympathy for her .... ZERO !

November 7, 2008 11:06 pm at 11:06 pm |
  23. Demo4Palin

I'm a lifelong Democrat and I voted for Sarah Palin. Not John McCain, Sarah Palin. And if you don't like it… Tough. I did it because I felt it was the right thing to do under the circumstances.

November 7, 2008 11:08 pm at 11:08 pm |
  24. Joyce

Xavier – So, exactly what could anyone say about Obama that you would not consider " stroking the fires of racist people"? We all knew that anything negative brought out against Obama would be considered racist remarks. I personally have not met one person who ever talked about his race – we were more concerned about his policies. I am very concerned about the direction he will lead this country. Amazing at the "code words" people have turned around to mean racist. Where was the outrage by democrats or African Americans for the "Uncle Tom" remarks made against Colin Powell a few years ago. None – since Mr. Powell was a Republican.

November 7, 2008 11:12 pm at 11:12 pm |
  25. Bob from Virginia

I wonder if she has ever considered that lying about a Presidential candidate was "unfair" or "cruel" or "cowardly".

I doubt it, that requires a brain and a conscience.

November 7, 2008 11:13 pm at 11:13 pm |