November 7th, 2008

Palin calls attacks 'cruel' and 'cowardly'

Sources close to John McCain say Sarah Palin was denied a chance to speak at McCain's concession address.

(CNN) - Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin called former aides of Sen. John McCain "jerks" for circulating unflattering stories about her since the Republican ticket lost its bid for the White House Tuesday.

The stories, which have been attributed to unnamed sources within the McCain campaign, include claims that Palin did not know Africa was a continent instead of a country, or which countries are part of the North American Free Trade Agreement, despite touting her familiarity with neighboring Canada.

Speaking with CNN's Gary Tuchman after returning to Alaska, Palin speculated those stories may have originated with campaign staffers who helped her prepare for her debate with Democratic Vice President-elect Joe Biden.

Full story

Filed under: John McCain
  1. IowaMom

Joyce November 7th, 2008 10:51 pm ET

I don't expect this to be run on this blog either – but I'll try again. So many people mad at Sarah Palin for daring to point out flaws in Obama – how dare she! How did anyone expect the Republicans to point out what many believe valid questions about Obama's relationships, policies, etc. The press certainly would not print anything negative. These same people are so vile. I wonder how many of you who call her stupid actually have a college degree? Been Mayor of a city? Govenor of a State? And Obama? One of his first remarks about her was that McCain had a running mate who used to be Mayor of a small city. He forgot to mention she was currently a govenor!

**********************************************************************

I have a college degree and I think she's ignorant as hell. And oh no, he called her a mayor of a small town, the horror. Let's see, what nasty, vile and untrue things did she call him?

November 7, 2008 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  2. Tom

None of this would matter if Palin wasn't as dumb as a bag of hammers in the first place. Face it – She is a CLUELESS BIMBO!

November 7, 2008 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  3. Sharon

Sarah Palin is commenting unprofessionally about all of this. She just digs her "hole" deeper. And yes, she wasn't a knowledgeable politician. Yes, she ran a hater and fear mongering campaign.

Please just let her stay in Alaska!! The lady is truly evil!!! And she enjoyed creating a dangerous atmosphere. Tell her to be quiet – she wasn't ready. She also says news media are "bad apples" because they were too hard on her. News – she deserved alot of criticism!! Good for news media. Appears your first amendment rights are protected!! And Sarah is now planting her inexperience firmly in everyone's mind.

November 7, 2008 11:15 pm at 11:15 pm |
  4. KJL

Palin sounds like she's speaking pidgin English. How the woman got a journalism degree, much less a run at the vice presidency, is beyond me.

I acquired American citizenship a year ago and know more about this country's government than she does. Shameful.

November 7, 2008 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  5. Tom in Delaware

Everytime I read unsubstantiated rubbish like this, I remember that it was the National Enquirer that scooped the entire MSM about the John Edwards case....of course, my old High School newspaper could have scooped the MSM, because they were doing everything in their power to suppress the truth about any wrongdoings by the Democrats by printing hearsay and gossip about the Republicans.

Sean Hannity was right....2008 is the year journalism died.

November 7, 2008 11:17 pm at 11:17 pm |
  6. circy in new mexico

If you can't stand the heat, don't come into the kitchen! Does she really not understand what politics is about? Just another example of her inability to understand things. Simply put, she is not ready for the Major Leagues.

November 7, 2008 11:17 pm at 11:17 pm |
  7. Dr. Roy

Why are Oprah, Larry King and others dying to get Palin on their show? Because she IS big news. She did more to excite the Republican base than any other candidate would have. The problem was that she was upstaging McCain, and McCain's inner circle didn't like it. Again, a male-dominated group going up against a strong female. She knew how to run a successful campaign. Unfortunately, she was never given the chance to be a partner in the McCain election. It was evident that Obama and Biden were partners in the election. It was not evident with McCain-Palin. So, by putting Palin "in her place" they lost the election. McCain only lost by about 500,000 votes – if about 500,000 people had switched their votes in Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina, Indiana and Florida, we would talking about a McCain presidency.

November 7, 2008 11:19 pm at 11:19 pm |
  8. Sue

I think the media treated her unfairly, just like they did Hillary Clinton.

November 7, 2008 11:20 pm at 11:20 pm |
  9. Nino

There Mavericks, what do you expect. LOL

November 7, 2008 11:20 pm at 11:20 pm |
  10. Pat

Sarah Palin was the true hero of this election - she said what most of us felt but were too cowardly to acknowledge.

Governor Palin - YOU ARE A GREAT AND REMARKABLE WOMAN!

God bless you and your wonderful family - especially little Trig – to whom you decided to give LIFE - not DEATH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 7, 2008 11:21 pm at 11:21 pm |
  11. 3strikes

VETS4Obama November 7th, 2008 10:13 pm ET

This little piggy went to market…Everytime Caribou Barbie opens her mouth more ignorance, hate come out!

______________________________________

hey vets4nobama, let me tell your story. 1. you signed up for the service 2. the service was too hard for you 3. so you quit 4. now you call yourself a vet!? hahaha, theres an iqloo for you out in antarctica, no planes goin down there soon, so get to steppin.

November 7, 2008 11:23 pm at 11:23 pm |
  12. VETS4Obama

Hey Randy, I am sure you had no problem with your idol Sad Sarah belittling people during her convention speech and out on the trail did you? It really bugs you that someone in the military could vote for a democrat doesn't it? After 8 years of Bush and his strong attempt to destroy this country and shread the Constitution I will never vote GOP! I fought so you can have your say......and so can I! Don't question me or my patriotism!

November 7, 2008 11:23 pm at 11:23 pm |
  13. IowaMom

Demo4Palin November 7th, 2008 11:08 pm ET

I'm a lifelong Democrat and I voted for Sarah Palin. Not John McCain, Sarah Palin. And if you don't like it… Tough. I did it because I felt it was the right thing to do under the circumstances.

***************************************************************

And I voted for Obama because I felt it was the right thing to do under the circumstances and I say to hell with anyone who disagrees with me and MY opinion.

After all, that is our right isn't it! See I won't bash ANYONE for who they vote for, I only "don't like it" when people bash others for who they vote for. BTW my sister voted for McCain because of Palin, I didn't agree with her, but I didn't attack her either.

It's Friday people, can't we have some fun!

November 7, 2008 11:24 pm at 11:24 pm |
  14. Sue

There it is... the future of the conservative Republican party. Wh ydo I suspect Democrats will control government for the next 20 years or so?

November 7, 2008 11:24 pm at 11:24 pm |
  15. Gunar

any democrat who voted for Sarah Palin needs to have their head examined...

November 7, 2008 11:25 pm at 11:25 pm |
  16. grahame

Palin will say anything to deflect the blame. Face it lady It was your fault. Campbell-Brown has suggested it was the Republic Inner circle who foisted her on John McCain. This is not true since McCain, as the defacto leader of the Republicans, chose her over Mit Romney. If the Republican party chooses her to run in 2012 then they will lose.

Please Sarah stop whining about how its not your fault. If you were any kind of woman then you except your responsibility instead of pointing out how much better Alaska is compared to the rest of the country. How would you know anyway since you've never been anywhere.

In my opinion your nothing but a fool. I can prove you are as well. Here's my question to you... Please explain where fossils come from.

November 7, 2008 11:29 pm at 11:29 pm |
  17. Mike

Sarah learned a few words "Taken out of Context" but didn't explain what was taken out of context because she couldn't remember is Africa the correct answer about neither even after the media has reported the correct answer all day long.... Guess she doesn't look at television either.. We already know she doest read.... What a complete airhead she is!

Guess this will stay in "moderation" too!

November 7, 2008 11:30 pm at 11:30 pm |
  18. tobasco

I'm not sure why Obama is being attacked when it comes to Sarah Palin. These comments are not coming from the Obama camp, they are coming from McCain's camp. I think it is a shame that they all are using her as a scapegoat for all of this. You have John McCain to think for putting her on the ticket. This just goes to show what his judgement would have been like had he won the election. All in all, I wish they would stop attacking her and try to come together as a party. Get over it and better luck next time.

Obama/Biden 08

November 7, 2008 11:31 pm at 11:31 pm |
  19. shay

Thank God for Katie Couric, Charles Gibson,Tina Fey, media, internet and others

November 7, 2008 11:31 pm at 11:31 pm |
  20. Will

Maybe this doesn't even belong here. But I found it interesting that Alaska , our largest state, had half the people of Rhode Island, our smallest state vote in this election.

The same people that elected Sarah Palin governor also reelected Ted Stevens, a convicted felon. Now I'm not saying this tells us something about their intelligence. Oh heck, yes I am!

After Senator Ted is impeached or expelled from the senate Governor Palin will appoint herself the new Senator. The drama continues. God, I love this country!

November 7, 2008 11:31 pm at 11:31 pm |
  21. Rae

Why did Sarah 'The Hockey Mom' Palin show up at John McCain's concession speech in a $498 Elie Tahari suit, incidentally sold at Neiman Marcus? Did she forget to return it with the other clothes, wanted a souvenir or is it just the Diva in her.

November 7, 2008 11:36 pm at 11:36 pm |
  22. Alyssa

I hate Sarah Palin. She is hypocritical in the most ridiculous and laughable way. She is ignorant. She is a disgraceful human being. I hope she freezes to death back in Alaska.

November 7, 2008 11:36 pm at 11:36 pm |
  23. Anonymous

I don't like her, never did. That being said... she is quite sharp, if poorly informed and intellectually lazy. There is nothing contradictory about those 2 things in today's America, a sad, sad truth. Now George Bush on the other hand, was just plain stupid but shrewd.

November 7, 2008 11:36 pm at 11:36 pm |
  24. Bill Charlotte,NC

Will you folks in the media please stop sticking a mic in front of Palin?
    I have heard her garbled dribble until I can't take it any more.

November 7, 2008 11:39 pm at 11:39 pm |
  25. akgirl

I too will try again......I agree with Joyce. Palin is the governer of a state, even if it is Alaska and not one of the obviously superior "lower 48". She is not an idiot, a know-nothing, a barbie, blah blah blah ad nauseum. So all you armchair governors and other wise pundits, get out of your easy chairs and off your computers and at least run for city council, or mayor, or something. Sitting here spewing arrogant sarcasm against the Alaska governer from the anonymous comfort of your little dens might make you feel self-righteous but it does absolutely nothing to start moving this country in the right direction, now does it?
    Oh – better take a dictionary. Half these spiteful bloggers can't spell, either.

November 7, 2008 11:41 pm at 11:41 pm |