November 10th, 2008

Obama meets with Bush in President-elect's future office

ALT TEXT

President Bush and President-elect Obama spoke in the Oval Office Monday. White House photo by Eric Draper

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. 3strikes

1st strike – nobama paid for the presidency
    2nd strike – MSM was completely in favor of nobama, against mccain
    3rd strike – over 65 milllion people fell for this obama clown

November 10, 2008 07:05 pm at 7:05 pm |
  2. Enjoying life to the fullest! :)

I bet Bush was fidgeting in his chair!

November 10, 2008 07:07 pm at 7:07 pm |
  3. Concerned citizen

To all the bitter and angry people posting on here with there continuing rhetoric about Obama.Why is it they just don't understand that along with the terrible 8 years of Bush politics and the continuation of this hatred and bickering is exactly why the people have had enough and all there voices were heard on Nov the 4th.
    They need to get over themselves and unite and stand together for the better of this country.My fear is that this will never stop and this will just be the lingering attitude of most of the republican party and they will fight him tooth and nail.
    We must unite and pull this great country out of the terrible mess that has festered over the last 8 years.We have a new strong leader that is for change in america and we must give him that chance.He will only be as good as the people that stand behind him.
    If we watch his back I'am sure it is in his heart to watch ours.We the people of this great country need to unite and stand up together for america!
    Be strong america!

November 10, 2008 07:07 pm at 7:07 pm |
  4. BeefyDaddy

The happiest thing in this photo is the Oval Office itself: finally freed of 8 years of stupidity, negligence and mismanagement.

Our country's nightmare is almost over!

Obama to the rescue! Finally, some common sense leadership.

Just what this great nation needs!

November 10, 2008 07:09 pm at 7:09 pm |
  5. Ilona Hussein Proud Canadian

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

I forgive you your lack of insight, you MUST BE LIVING IN
    A BLACK HOLE, while the rest of us are living on PLANET
    EARTH!

OBAMA WAS GIVEN THE RED CARPET? WOW!
    =======================================

HOW SOON WE FORGET! I guess REV JEREMIAH
    WRIGHT NEVER HAPPENED, THOSE DISGUSTING
    SNIPPETS WERE NOT AIRED UMPTEEN MILLION
    TIMES ON THE TV ? I guess no one ever accused
    Barack ten million times of being a terrorist? I guess
    no one ever claimed over and over again that Barack
    was a Muslim?

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN LIVING? AND JUST WHAT
    HAVE YOU BEEN DOING FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS?

WELL, WHAT CAN I SAY, YOU ARE JUST TOO SMART
    FOR THE REST OF US, WE WILL JUST MUDDLE
    THROUGH KNOWING FULL WELL THAT IN SPITE
    OF ALL THE BIAS FROM THE MEDIA, ESPECIALLY
    CNN,,,,,,,,IN SPITE OF IT ALL, BARACK PREVAILED,
    AMERICANS ARE NOT AS GULLIBLE AS YOU AND
    YOUR SIDEKICKS SEEM TO BELIEVE!

November 10, 2008 07:14 pm at 7:14 pm |
  6. Trudy

Bush is the gracious existing President. How exciting to see the nations' first black president-elect in the oval office.

November 10, 2008 07:17 pm at 7:17 pm |
  7. I am a proud Democrat

oh my gosh! wow! This pictures it tells so much! It tells ...

well ..

actually ...

I think people are reading too much into this picture, especially considering that in the span of said hour, both men probably crossed, uncrossed, recrossed their legs, shifted postions multiple times, leaned in, leaned away.

The only thing we get from this picture is that Obama and Bush did in fact meet in the oval office – which in my opinion is way, way, way to beige

November 10, 2008 07:18 pm at 7:18 pm |