November 11th, 2008

Palin not ruling out 2012 bid

Palin is considering a presidential bid over her own.
Palin is considering a presidential bid over her own.

(CNN) - As Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin heads to Florida to attend the Republican Governors Association annual conference in Miami, she says she'd consider a run for the White House in 2012 or beyond.

Less than one week after the victory by Barack Obama and Joe Biden over the GOP ticket in the presidential election, John McCain's running mate is speaking out about her political future in national politics.

"Don't let me miss the open door. Show me where the open door is and even if it's cracked up a little bit, maybe I'll just plow right on through that and maybe prematurely plow through it, but don't let me miss an open door. And if there is an open door in '12 or four years later, and if it is something that is going to be good for my family, for my state, for my nation, an opportunity for me, then I'll plow through that door," Palin said in an interview with Fox News Monday.

Palin will be with her fellow Republican governors on Wednesday and Thursday as they meet in Miami. In the crowd will be other possible contenders for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination.

Palin also sits down Wednesday for a one on one interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer. Tune into the Situation Room, starting at 4 pm ET Wednesday to see Wolf's candid conversation with Palin.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Steve Hamilton

"You betcha!" (wink!)

November 11, 2008 09:16 am at 9:16 am |
  2. Triggidy

Oohhhh....good. Like Paris Hilton, if you stop talking about her, she'll just go away.

November 11, 2008 09:17 am at 9:17 am |
  3. Viv

Say it isn't so.

November 11, 2008 09:17 am at 9:17 am |
  4. Tom in Delaware

Maybe she'll end up appointing herself to Ted Stevens post as the new Senator from Alaska, and after 137 days of experience there, announce her canidacy for the Presidency...it worked for Barack.

November 11, 2008 09:18 am at 9:18 am |
  5. Washington Observer

If Sara runs she will easily defeat the "Chosen One" – the Messiah as crowned by the new York Times

It will take about 6 months for the country to get sick of a rock star prophet with no experience and no clue how to turn the economy around

Look for a Republican majority in the senate with the mid term elections and for the Republicans to pick up 20 seats in the House.

November 11, 2008 09:18 am at 9:18 am |
  6. TM in Colo

If she plows througjh that door we can only hope that she is more educated in national policy and learns how to talk about the issues and what her plans are instead of trashing the opponents issues. She is the reason alot of people didn't vote for John McCain..

November 11, 2008 09:19 am at 9:19 am |
  7. Tim in Seattle

Operativer phrase: "...an opportunity for me."

Typical.

November 11, 2008 09:20 am at 9:20 am |
  8. mb

Palin is a virus, and a plague, that no scientist or doctor will be able to stop. She has been given to much media time and should be cut off from politics and the world as soon as possible.

November 11, 2008 09:20 am at 9:20 am |
  9. Hopeful for Tomorrow

"...and maybe prematurely plow through it, but don't let me miss an open door..."

Translation: I'm probably not ready yet, but if my supporters tell me to run in 2012, I will.

November 11, 2008 09:20 am at 9:20 am |
  10. Cory

Ok, i thought this nightmare was over. Why are we being forced to listen to this unintelligent person again?

November 11, 2008 09:20 am at 9:20 am |
  11. JV

Sarah Palin is an absolute joke.

She was a joke even before it became public knowledge just how big of a joke she is.

November 11, 2008 09:21 am at 9:21 am |
  12. JR in PA

I hope she runs. Another dose of her will probably irrevocably shatter the Republican party and that can't be bad.

November 11, 2008 09:21 am at 9:21 am |
  13. VA Republican

I love the Republican Party and very proud to be one, but God forbid they allow you to run or even speak at a convention and I am done for ever. I voted Obama because of you and just the thought that you may still have a political future is scary. you caused more damage than Bush and I can not think of a dumber person.

November 11, 2008 09:21 am at 9:21 am |
  14. Seattle Sue

Sarah Palin has such a way with words. I understood what she said in this quote but sometimes she makes no sense at all. I just don't know what the right wing party sees in this woman. Yes she is pretty and a wonderful attack dog but other wise there is not much there.

November 11, 2008 09:21 am at 9:21 am |
  15. Anonymous

Yeah, and you can talk diplomacy with the country of Africa... When you're ignorant in you 40's, you're no longer ignorant, but dumb.

November 11, 2008 09:21 am at 9:21 am |
  16. Phil, Ashburn, VA

Wow... can't wait for Rudy and Romney to tear her apart.

November 11, 2008 09:21 am at 9:21 am |
  17. cool

Why not ? Amen !!

November 11, 2008 09:21 am at 9:21 am |
  18. Kristen

Oh, please run Sarah! That would be just awesome. Ha : )

November 11, 2008 09:22 am at 9:22 am |
  19. JB

Republicans are so gullible – they go for image over substance (ie., see GW Bush). A likeable dolt. It's a shame to see that their standards are set so low. Go ahead on and run ms palin, you'll never crack the majority in a national election – first impressions last a lifetime.

Funny, it appears that in Ms Palins eyes, she was not at fault in any way in this loss. That's very telling.

November 11, 2008 09:22 am at 9:22 am |
  20. Blue balloons

We're entreated to once again the ghost of Sarah Palin. She's entitled to "try" to run again, but if Republicans don't want to repeat what they did this year, they'd be smart to select someone else as their GOP frontrunner.

November 11, 2008 09:22 am at 9:22 am |
  21. Tamara, VA

Wow! It's mighty interesting that now the "liberal left-wing media" is now such a good friend to Sarah Palin. She's doing everything she can to stay in the spotlight. It was never about John McCain to her anyway; it was about HER and HER future. What a shame.

November 11, 2008 09:22 am at 9:22 am |
  22. Anon

Can we get a good lock on that door?

November 11, 2008 09:22 am at 9:22 am |
  23. Kelley

yeah....you do that. **rolling eyes**

November 11, 2008 09:23 am at 9:23 am |
  24. Michael

First...GO AWAY already! Second, if you choose to ignore my first suggestion, then by all means please run for president in 2012 you should be an easy easy opponent once all your dirty laundry is given its proper attention.

November 11, 2008 09:23 am at 9:23 am |
  25. esther

this is the scariest thing I've ever heard

November 11, 2008 09:23 am at 9:23 am |