November 11th, 2008

Palin not ruling out 2012 bid

Palin is considering a presidential bid over her own.
Palin is considering a presidential bid over her own.

(CNN) - As Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin heads to Florida to attend the Republican Governors Association annual conference in Miami, she says she'd consider a run for the White House in 2012 or beyond.

Less than one week after the victory by Barack Obama and Joe Biden over the GOP ticket in the presidential election, John McCain's running mate is speaking out about her political future in national politics.

"Don't let me miss the open door. Show me where the open door is and even if it's cracked up a little bit, maybe I'll just plow right on through that and maybe prematurely plow through it, but don't let me miss an open door. And if there is an open door in '12 or four years later, and if it is something that is going to be good for my family, for my state, for my nation, an opportunity for me, then I'll plow through that door," Palin said in an interview with Fox News Monday.

Palin will be with her fellow Republican governors on Wednesday and Thursday as they meet in Miami. In the crowd will be other possible contenders for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination.

Palin also sits down Wednesday for a one on one interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer. Tune into the Situation Room, starting at 4 pm ET Wednesday to see Wolf's candid conversation with Palin.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Bill

Will she still be palling around with secessionist?

November 11, 2008 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  2. Kevin - Indiana

I don't see how the GOP can seriously be thinking of having Sarah run and hopes to survive. Following her scripted introduction, it was an eight week disaster. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of more intelligent, and more qualified people.

November 11, 2008 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  3. Brian from Fort Mill, SC

When I say Joe, you say Plumber!

November 11, 2008 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  4. Cathy Brandes

I really wish she would just stay away. Perhaps if the media, who she did not seem to want to talk to during the campagin, would stay away she would just go quietly into the good night.
    To Washington Observer, GET OVER IT!

November 11, 2008 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  5. John E Lexington KY

I think she's plowing through a wall. I like to think McCain is a well intentioned guy but he's unleashed something evil here, like W Bush she's deluded into thinking God wants her to be president. I hope the people of Alaska take it into their own hands to defeat her for any future office she runs for and send her back to Wasilla where she can drop the hockey puck at the sports center she built as a monument to herself til they put her in a nursing home. The Republican Party is literally poisonous and she is the most vile of its toxins. Someone this devoid of introspection should never hold a position of power.

November 11, 2008 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  6. negative

why don't all you negative Democrats find some other website to voice all your hatred.

November 11, 2008 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  7. Patrick

I don't think she'd ever make it past the primaries, and if she did she is so divisive that democrats would band together around Obama like they did in '08.

November 11, 2008 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  8. Judy

This cocky wacko needs to pay attention to her family and permanently stay in Alaska. Obama's presidency will be a hard act to compete for, and her IQ level and her behavior will eliminate her as a candidate.

November 11, 2008 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  9. I feel a chill up my leg again

With Bush out and Obama in, this will give the media something to occupy their time.
    :-)

November 11, 2008 09:56 am at 9:56 am |
  10. Thomas

The open door, as Ms. Palin would have it, seemed to be at every Nieman Marcus store she could find. It is time for Sarah the Governor and Joe the Plumber to vanish. There might just be an open door where both can make their long overdue exits from the national stage. Enough is enough.

November 11, 2008 09:56 am at 9:56 am |
  11. Peggy - TX

Love you Palin – You go girl.

Palin 2012

November 11, 2008 09:56 am at 9:56 am |
  12. Woman Against Palin

Why is the news still talking about this woman. Isn't there more important things to talk about. Don't give her any air time. She doesn't deserve it. Just let her fade into the Alaskan sunset. She is absolutely not bright enough to be President of the U.S. And four years from now she still won't be bright enough. Let it go already!

November 11, 2008 09:56 am at 9:56 am |
  13. Danny from NYC

If Sarah Palin's all the GOP has in 2012 then we may not see a republican in the White House for another 16 years! Hillary 2016!

November 11, 2008 09:56 am at 9:56 am |
  14. Joe Green

She is why McCain LOST. What a delusional person!

November 11, 2008 09:56 am at 9:56 am |
  15. Craig in Washington

And tell the pitifully uniformed Tom in Delaware that:
    A) Obama did not appoint himself, he was elected, and
    B) Obama was Senator for a lot longer than 137 days.

November 11, 2008 09:56 am at 9:56 am |
  16. Lisa

Is she going to be less dumb in 2012, that does give her four years to study.

November 11, 2008 09:57 am at 9:57 am |
  17. Rick from Illinois

Sarah,
    Please stay in seclusion, hibernation, out of sight, and out of mind forever! Party with the eskimo's, or Russians, have McCain up for a Igloo house warming party...you need to focus on what you do best...which is not much really...and how about that, you also threw Bush under the bus, no surprise, maybe, just maybe you had a lot to do with this election failing miserably as well! Have a good day!

November 11, 2008 09:57 am at 9:57 am |
  18. SD

I agree, PLEASE GOD NO! I would like the next couple of years to be peaceful, not anxiety ridden worried about her coming back down from Alaska. There is just something about her that sends chills of fear down my back :(

November 11, 2008 09:57 am at 9:57 am |
  19. Joe

Give her a break. I'm a democrat but I like her demeanor. She has held higher position than 99% of those commenting on this story. Until you have held the positions she has and have been in the same positions as her, get off her back.

If people were on Obama like this everyone would be playing the race card.

November 11, 2008 09:57 am at 9:57 am |
  20. Ron L

I DON'T GET IT!!!
    Governor Palin is an person of AVERAGE intelligence. And what I mean by that is if you REALLY LISTEN to her answer questions on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being super smart she is a 5 -6.
    Now what is really disturbing to me about this is I always felt our current President was a 5 or 6. This has NOTHING to do with personality it has everything to do with being able to make the CORRECT decision under stress. HELLO..this average intelligence has lead us to decisions and a situation that is going to take us 4 to 10 years to get out of. DO YOU WANT TO RISK THAT AGAIN???
    The core Republican Party needs to get it's head out of the sand and realize that while Pro-Life is an important issue IT IS NOT the most important ISSUE when selecting a President. Neither should the desire for a women to be at the top of the ticket mean it should be any woman.
    Sarah Palin DOES NOT have the intelligence for the national stage and frankly I don't think she EVER will. We need to let her just stay in Alaska and a a nation seek out nothing but the BEST MINDS (Republican, Democratic, or Independent) our nation has to offer to guide it into the future. Governor Palin would probably a COMPLETE failure even as a Governor if she was in Ohio, New York, Illinois, or any other state that has REAL ecomomic challenges. Alaska has all of that oil revenue and a fairly small population. Lets not make it sound like she is trying to handle the REAL tough problems facing the main 48 states, because she is not!! Gov. Palin has had her 15 minutes and we need to move on....

November 11, 2008 09:57 am at 9:57 am |
  21. Mike

FAIL

November 11, 2008 09:57 am at 9:57 am |
  22. Ben

I'm sure when Sarah does run in 2012 (which she will, and I hope she does) Obama will CRUSH you AGAIN like a mere ant under his heel! MWA HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

November 11, 2008 09:58 am at 9:58 am |
  23. MrPragmatic

Sarah – In the words of Dieter from Sprockets (that wonderful SNL character portrayed by Mike Myers)

"I've grown bored with your childish antics."

November 11, 2008 09:58 am at 9:58 am |
  24. rumpusgoopus

To even think of comparing Palin's competency to Obama's is laughable (if not thoroughly disturbing that one would actually think Palin even comes close).

November 11, 2008 09:58 am at 9:58 am |
  25. Alex in the I-4 Corridor

Thanks but no thanks! Also!

November 11, 2008 09:58 am at 9:58 am |