November 11th, 2008

Palin not ruling out 2012 bid

Palin is considering a presidential bid over her own.
Palin is considering a presidential bid over her own.

(CNN) - As Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin heads to Florida to attend the Republican Governors Association annual conference in Miami, she says she'd consider a run for the White House in 2012 or beyond.

Less than one week after the victory by Barack Obama and Joe Biden over the GOP ticket in the presidential election, John McCain's running mate is speaking out about her political future in national politics.

"Don't let me miss the open door. Show me where the open door is and even if it's cracked up a little bit, maybe I'll just plow right on through that and maybe prematurely plow through it, but don't let me miss an open door. And if there is an open door in '12 or four years later, and if it is something that is going to be good for my family, for my state, for my nation, an opportunity for me, then I'll plow through that door," Palin said in an interview with Fox News Monday.

Palin will be with her fellow Republican governors on Wednesday and Thursday as they meet in Miami. In the crowd will be other possible contenders for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination.

Palin also sits down Wednesday for a one on one interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer. Tune into the Situation Room, starting at 4 pm ET Wednesday to see Wolf's candid conversation with Palin.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. mitch

that would be another sure win for the obama team.

November 11, 2008 10:04 am at 10:04 am |
  2. The lady is nuts

She's not qualified for the office she currently holds.

November 11, 2008 10:05 am at 10:05 am |
  3. Sarahisamoron

Dallas TX Are you just that stupid? Why in the world do you think Sarah Palin has any intelligence to ever be more than Governor of Alaska a whacky state that wants to succeed from the union.

November 11, 2008 10:05 am at 10:05 am |
  4. bruce FORMER REPUBLICAN FROM MA.

OMG..... how long does 15 seconds last...

and, why did she get even that long...

Yup its that retired guy from Ma. Former Republican...
    Getting younger since the election.......vs old(69yrs)-retired-white guy.

Bruce

Easy to see why I'm a Former Republican isn't it...!!!

November 11, 2008 10:05 am at 10:05 am |
  5. lyn

Dear Political Ticker.don't you have anything good to report. Palin has run the most nastiest campaign we have ever had, we don't want to hear or see of her anymore,she is the reason that a lot of people did not vote for McCain.Let her just go back to Alaska the animal killer.

November 11, 2008 10:05 am at 10:05 am |
  6. Susan Steinhaus

Sarah go back to Alaska!! We have an exceedly brilliant man as President-Elect. YOU DON'T HAVE THE EDUCATION OR INTELLECT TO EVEN COMPETE. SO CLOSE THE DOOR-GOD FORBID YOU THINK YOUY EVEN HAVE A CHANCE. HAHA!

November 11, 2008 10:05 am at 10:05 am |
  7. David Orbach, New York, NY

Six months from now, most people won't be able to tell you whether she was a contestant on Dancing with the Stars, a VP candidate, or a really awful entrant on American Idol.

November 11, 2008 10:06 am at 10:06 am |
  8. Camry

Lighten up people....she is just kidding ....Sarah loves America too much!!

November 11, 2008 10:06 am at 10:06 am |
  9. Karen

I can still remember this idiot saying, "You can't blink!" over and over, then doing her silly wink-wink-wink thing on TV ad nauseam.

Remember, dear, you won't be as cute in a few years. You're getting OLD.

November 11, 2008 10:06 am at 10:06 am |
  10. rn

I was hoping that when she went to Alaska we could forget about her and her intelligence! I woudl love for her to run again, it guarantees a Democratic win (again). She could be president of the ultra rght wing fanatics in Walsila!!

November 11, 2008 10:06 am at 10:06 am |
  11. Jesus Praising, Freedom Loving American Patriot

You're NOT ready to be President.

In four years, you WILL NOT be ready to be President.

November 11, 2008 10:06 am at 10:06 am |
  12. mgb in Houston

her fate will become a trivia question on a game show.

November 11, 2008 10:06 am at 10:06 am |
  13. pat

Based on these types of responses, it would appear that some of the rumors are true. I think Gov Plain's ambitions are very inflated and self-serving. It also appears that she larned nothing from this campaign or election. I would have liked to hear how she wants to achieve more experiencee and knowledge about foreign policy, domestic polci, issues that appeal to all people. You said a lot of mean and devised things during the campaign and I for one would not want you as a representative of this country. YOu are lacking in knowledge and substance. IT appears you and the Republican party learned nothing from this election. You also need to surround yourself with individuals who will tell you the truth and quit filling your head wth illusion of grandeur. Until you learn how to be representatvie of all people and not just a few, you will not be even considered as a leader. . No Sara you are not now are do I feel will you ever be ready to be president of this great country of ours. I think you should look at being a governor to all people of your state instead of just a few and maybe someday you will be ready to LEAD.

November 11, 2008 10:06 am at 10:06 am |
  14. mitch

she will never be president until she quits wearing baby polar bear mittens.

November 11, 2008 10:06 am at 10:06 am |
  15. Mark

She is such an idiot. How could the republican party have become so dumbed down? First Bush and now Palin.

November 11, 2008 10:06 am at 10:06 am |
  16. arc, Lugano CH

Maggie in SC November 11th, 2008 9:36 am ET
    Palin is a woman I totally admire. she sticks up for her country...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    13 words that say absolutely nothing at all.

November 11, 2008 10:06 am at 10:06 am |
  17. hometowndemocrat

Ignore her, maybe she'll go away!

November 11, 2008 10:07 am at 10:07 am |
  18. O & Joe '08!!!

As a staunch Barack/Biden supporter, all I can say is:

Please Please PLEASE run in '12, Sarah!!!

November 11, 2008 10:07 am at 10:07 am |
  19. edd

Oh my God... please tell me I'm having a nightmare.

November 11, 2008 10:07 am at 10:07 am |
  20. Shijo

As a staunch republican, I have to say that there is no way I would vote for her. I mean she has embarrased the party and hurt McCain's chances. She can come out and blame Bush for the loss, but look in the mirror....maybe you touch up your interview skills and maybe know your geography before becoming a candidate for presidency. Lets look at some real candidates in 2012 and hope that she just goes back to the woods of Alaska....

November 11, 2008 10:07 am at 10:07 am |
  21. Scott

Maybe by 2012 she can learn all the continents and finally be as smart as most 10 year olds.

November 11, 2008 10:07 am at 10:07 am |
  22. Lewis

Okay,

So why is it fine if Sarah Palin uses slang all the time in a national campaign???? Oh wait I know it's folksy, its not slang?!? Barack does a fist bump with his wife and... well you get the picture.

November 11, 2008 10:07 am at 10:07 am |
  23. slickingdom

Please do not underestimate Sarah Palin. She won as Governor of Alaska and there is nothing saying that she couldn't win as a President-Elect of the U.S. Hopefully the people of the U.S. will
    remember the election of 2008 !!

November 11, 2008 10:07 am at 10:07 am |
  24. Get serious!

Go back to Alaska.

Take care of the bastard grandchild and the retard!

November 11, 2008 10:08 am at 10:08 am |
  25. Ed, Santa Fe, NM

RULE IT OUT, YOU BOOB....

November 11, 2008 10:08 am at 10:08 am |