November 11th, 2008

Palin not ruling out 2012 bid

Palin is considering a presidential bid over her own.
Palin is considering a presidential bid over her own.

(CNN) - As Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin heads to Florida to attend the Republican Governors Association annual conference in Miami, she says she'd consider a run for the White House in 2012 or beyond.

Less than one week after the victory by Barack Obama and Joe Biden over the GOP ticket in the presidential election, John McCain's running mate is speaking out about her political future in national politics.

"Don't let me miss the open door. Show me where the open door is and even if it's cracked up a little bit, maybe I'll just plow right on through that and maybe prematurely plow through it, but don't let me miss an open door. And if there is an open door in '12 or four years later, and if it is something that is going to be good for my family, for my state, for my nation, an opportunity for me, then I'll plow through that door," Palin said in an interview with Fox News Monday.

Palin will be with her fellow Republican governors on Wednesday and Thursday as they meet in Miami. In the crowd will be other possible contenders for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination.

Palin also sits down Wednesday for a one on one interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer. Tune into the Situation Room, starting at 4 pm ET Wednesday to see Wolf's candid conversation with Palin.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Rorschach

I'd like to see the Republicans find a candidate who doesn't derive obvious pleasure from stirring up the Neanderthals at rallies.

November 11, 2008 10:13 am at 10:13 am |
  2. Marc

I am all for it!
    This would be a guarantee of another landslide Democratic win!
    If I were Obama I would secretly donate money towards her campaign to make sure she won the Republican nomination.

November 11, 2008 10:13 am at 10:13 am |
  3. The GOP abandoned me

People like Palin are exactly WHY moderate conservatives are leaving the Republican Party.

November 11, 2008 10:13 am at 10:13 am |
  4. Karen

Maggie in SC,

If you are going to quote from the Bible, at least learn how to spell the names.

ESTHER.

November 11, 2008 10:13 am at 10:13 am |
  5. Brian

Look at that quote: "...even if it's cracked up a little bit, maybe I'll just plow right on through that and maybe prematurely plow through it, but don't let me miss an open door..."

Are you kidding? This is what the conservatives want? America can do better. I'm an Obama supporter, but if the GOP wants my advice, put Newt up for Prez. At least he can put a sentence together.

November 11, 2008 10:13 am at 10:13 am |
  6. it's time

if the repulican party is smart, the quicker they can SHUT the door on this woman the better. NEVER MY VOTE.

November 11, 2008 10:13 am at 10:13 am |
  7. cj

Somewhere in Alaska there's a village missing it's idiot. Sarah, PLEASE go home!

November 11, 2008 10:13 am at 10:13 am |
  8. Catholic-mom-4-OBAMA

If Palin were a Democrat, the far-right-family-values-crowd would have crucified her for abandoning her newborn, and her family for political ambition!

For anyone who thinks that Palin would be a viable candidate, you need to remember that this is the woman who spewed hate, fear, lies, and division all over our Nation. We've had a divider in the White House and do not want another one!

The REASON the Republicans lost was in part due to Palin's vile comments about the "real America versus the other America."

THANKS BUT NO THANKS!

November 11, 2008 10:13 am at 10:13 am |
  9. dood

I can see another 4 years of Obama comming up!

November 11, 2008 10:13 am at 10:13 am |
  10. Ray in IN

Don't underestimate the weight on that door with the crack in it.....it may be a little heavier than you think Sarah.

November 11, 2008 10:13 am at 10:13 am |
  11. Todd

There is simply no chance that Palin will ever get elected President. Yes, the far Right Wing hardcore love her. Nobody else takes her seriously.

November 11, 2008 10:14 am at 10:14 am |
  12. Sandy - PA

Americans not ruling out voting her out again.

November 11, 2008 10:14 am at 10:14 am |
  13. Jason

Go for it, Sarah. In just 2 months you've managed to become one of the most polarizing people in national politics. If your party nominates you they might as well hand the election to the Democrats (and that would be a good thing).

I'm not worried! Palin 2012!

November 11, 2008 10:14 am at 10:14 am |
  14. Carol

Ok, after the week will the press please stop talking to this woman?? To me she represents manipulation by fear, religious radical, bigoted ignorance. She's caused enough anger and hate, she needs to disappear. Please don't continue to promote her insanity.

November 11, 2008 10:14 am at 10:14 am |
  15. Lauren

SUre, go ahead and run in 2012, Sarah! That will just guarantee Obama a second term in office!!

Obama '12

November 11, 2008 10:14 am at 10:14 am |
  16. 37-year-old First Time Voter

I hope she runs. She would be a gift for the democrats again. But she has to get through the other republicans first and that means she needs to actually answer some REAL questions and not dodge them.

November 11, 2008 10:15 am at 10:15 am |
  17. S. Boatman Warrensburg, Mo.

Palin . . . If You Ever Run For President I Will Donate More Money And Volunteer More Time Than I Did For Obama To Make Sure You Never Lead This Country! I Dont Want Anymore C Students, Joe Six Packs, Or Anyone I Would Drink A Beer With Running This Country!

November 11, 2008 10:15 am at 10:15 am |
  18. Janey

Smell the fear from the Obama supporters! Palin is the future! Obama is too attached to Washington insiders–She is tough,faster on her feet than Obama and can multi-task–which he cannot–2012

November 11, 2008 10:15 am at 10:15 am |
  19. Vik

Go ahead and run Palin. Everyone already knows what a spiteful, know nothing, arrogant, hate spewing person you are. Is she all the sudden going to change her views and be more of a moderate? I think everyone learned their lesson electing a moron for the past 8 years, and don't want to repeat that mistake.

November 11, 2008 10:15 am at 10:15 am |
  20. john

What world is she living in?

November 11, 2008 10:15 am at 10:15 am |
  21. Mike in Columbus

errr... She'll have 4-5 grand kids by 2012.

November 11, 2008 10:16 am at 10:16 am |
  22. reggie

She has become a big star in politics. I'm sure she can run and do very well, if she chooses. She was only in the public eye for about 9 weeks and has garnered a huge following. We need a true outsider like her in DC.

November 11, 2008 10:16 am at 10:16 am |
  23. MrRevolution

You can't blame her. She sells well to uneducated rural America. There is still a lot of ignorance in this coutry. Remember? Two terms of W. Who elected W? Rural America. So the rural America still has the capacity to elect another IGNORANT MONSTER. This scares the hell out of me.

November 11, 2008 10:16 am at 10:16 am |
  24. Nero

Palin, please go away. You tout your christian values, then spread lies. You are the definition of a hypocrite.

November 11, 2008 10:16 am at 10:16 am |
  25. Brent

Poor Gov. Palin. We conservatives and ultra-conservatives most definitely need a standard bearer, but she is not it, and she can't see THAT forest for the trees (that are probably standing in her own front yard.)

Our standard bearer should be the Lord. If the conservatives had of conducted themselves as the moral, ethical, "evangelical", "Christian Right" that they (we) claim to be (in all manners & matters regarding campaigning and the election), Sen. McCain would have won; wouldn't have been close.

But there were too many inhumane, unGodly things said and done for us to have "deserved" to win this election, and we actually expected a blessing from God while we were conducting ourselves in such a horrific fashion...not every body, mind you, but far, far too many.

November 11, 2008 10:16 am at 10:16 am |