November 11th, 2008

Palin not ruling out 2012 bid

Palin is considering a presidential bid over her own.
Palin is considering a presidential bid over her own.

(CNN) - As Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin heads to Florida to attend the Republican Governors Association annual conference in Miami, she says she'd consider a run for the White House in 2012 or beyond.

Less than one week after the victory by Barack Obama and Joe Biden over the GOP ticket in the presidential election, John McCain's running mate is speaking out about her political future in national politics.

"Don't let me miss the open door. Show me where the open door is and even if it's cracked up a little bit, maybe I'll just plow right on through that and maybe prematurely plow through it, but don't let me miss an open door. And if there is an open door in '12 or four years later, and if it is something that is going to be good for my family, for my state, for my nation, an opportunity for me, then I'll plow through that door," Palin said in an interview with Fox News Monday.

Palin will be with her fellow Republican governors on Wednesday and Thursday as they meet in Miami. In the crowd will be other possible contenders for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination.

Palin also sits down Wednesday for a one on one interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer. Tune into the Situation Room, starting at 4 pm ET Wednesday to see Wolf's candid conversation with Palin.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. GA Independent

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Too bad the media won't let her just disappear quietly.

November 11, 2008 10:16 am at 10:16 am |
  2. hope

never in a million years would i support palin.

November 11, 2008 10:16 am at 10:16 am |
  3. I can't stop laughing!

Ralph Nader could beat her!

November 11, 2008 10:17 am at 10:17 am |
  4. Becky

Sarah Palin must have selective hearing: many Americans feel that it was because of Sarah Palin being on the ticket that John McCain lost.

November 11, 2008 10:17 am at 10:17 am |
  5. NYFN08

President. Palin.

Don't make me laugh.

November 11, 2008 10:17 am at 10:17 am |
  6. Linda

Enough is enough! Sarah Palin may have brought some excitement to McCain's campaign, but she also brought a lot of agita! Her lack of knowledge about major issues is clearly evident. She is not politically savvy either. The Republic Party will chew her up and spit her out. How can she even consider running for the presidency when she doesn't even know what the job of the vice president is. It's not running the Senate!

November 11, 2008 10:17 am at 10:17 am |
  7. AD

Hah! That'd be the best thing to happen to the Dems in 2012. You betcha.

November 11, 2008 10:17 am at 10:17 am |
  8. Hell NO!

No Way and No How!!!

Hell will freez over before she is considered. You think the American Public is that STUPID?

She is considering after the failuer of RNC and all the infighting!!

November 11, 2008 10:17 am at 10:17 am |
  9. Norman Schwartz

The USA would be better off if she joined the cast of SNL.

November 11, 2008 10:17 am at 10:17 am |
  10. Mark in Oregon

Run Sarah Run! This will guarantee Obama's re-election!

November 11, 2008 10:18 am at 10:18 am |
  11. Farrell, Houston, Tx

I guess Palin blames the GOP for losing her debate. John McCain lost all his debates but takes responsibility for his loss.

November 11, 2008 10:18 am at 10:18 am |
  12. JT

It would be the greatest thing to happen to the democratic party if she runs in 2012 and wins the republican nomination for president. That would certainly ensure an easy Obama re-election with landslides the likes of the Reagan revolution!! My advice to Palin: Please consider running in 2012 and I hope you win your party's nomination!!

November 11, 2008 10:18 am at 10:18 am |
  13. Howard Jerkowitz

Why is the media still giving Palin so much air time? Oh yeah, she's controversial, and that's good for ratings. Palin is so apparently so narcissistic that she thinks her media coverage is for her own advantage, rather than face facts. She continues to be exposed as a laughable side show. Speaking her mind during the campaign was the best thing for the election. We got to see just how low the standards for public service have sunk in America. How shocking, that someone as uneducated, xenophobic, self-absorbed and pompous could actually have been elected governer of the state of Alaska. My heart goes out to the citizens of that fine state. Want to run for president? Keep opening your mouth and burning your bridges, idiot.

November 11, 2008 10:18 am at 10:18 am |
  14. Charlie

The only thing she could be qualified for in the White House is Press Secretary. The voters know this too.

November 11, 2008 10:18 am at 10:18 am |
  15. amy

half of my family are republicans. they would have voted mcain but then he chose you. do you have a humble bone in your body? because right now you are proving the 'diva' image. please, stop talking and take time to reflect and care for your family.

November 11, 2008 10:18 am at 10:18 am |
  16. reggie

Of course the liberals and the media discount her, because she is a threat. Gov Palin is one of the most popular governors in the country. There's a reason for that. Gov Palin is the future!

November 11, 2008 10:18 am at 10:18 am |
  17. PhilT

I love the way CNN left out the opening part of her quote:

"Faith is a very big part of my life. And putting my life in my creator's hands – this is what I always do. I'm like, OK, God, if there is an open door for me somewhere, this is what I always pray, I'm like, don't let me miss the open door."

Not that ther's anything wrong with her belief, just curious how CNN didn't include the part about God.

November 11, 2008 10:18 am at 10:18 am |
  18. Bryan

YES PLEASE!!! JUST ANOTHER REASON TO PUT OBAMA BACK IN OFFICE!!! LMBO

November 11, 2008 10:19 am at 10:19 am |
  19. Tom in Delaware

It's nice to know that the Liberal Left lives in terror of this woman...fills me with pride.

November 11, 2008 10:19 am at 10:19 am |
  20. Brian NY

I say run! If it is possible for Obama to get elected, I think she can. I think next time around, she will be more prepared for the media onslaught. And if the economy is still bad in 3 or 4 years, she will probably have a good chance.

She just has to realize, every little rumor and nonsense is going to be reported as news. When Obama claims there are 57 states in the union, that is glossed over.

I think the liberal media and pundits made a crucial mistake this time around – - they spent all of their ammunition and tried to declare Palin dead. In four years, they will be spending time and effort propping up Obama and will have less time to focus on knocking out Palin.

November 11, 2008 10:19 am at 10:19 am |
  21. Gina

She still cannot construct a concise, intellectual sentence on her own and now she has no advisors to blame. How this woman got this far on simply being religious and conservative is beyond me.

November 11, 2008 10:19 am at 10:19 am |
  22. Philip

We need not worry about Gov. Palin. She still has to explain how she and hubby managed to build a house at the same time a stadium was being built in the town where she was mayor. The investigations are only just beginning. By the time her republican enimies are through with her she'll be lucky if she is not in the Federal Pen by 2012. Oh Sarah here is a lesson you should learn....Never pee on the plate the eat from. The same people who built you up will be first in line to tear you down.

November 11, 2008 10:19 am at 10:19 am |
  23. Nick

Yeah, go for it. Become the demise of the GOP. Perhaps it's you that's the antichrist for 2012.

November 11, 2008 10:19 am at 10:19 am |
  24. Civil

Wow, you folks are an angry lot. Palin gets things done and has a record to back it up. Obama can no longer vote present.

Did you hear Obama's responses during his press conference? When asked if he'll still raise taxes on the rich, he ducked the question and started talking about 95% blah, blah, blah. He acts like he's still campaigning when things he says now really matter. I hope, for the good of myself, my family and my country that he succeeds, but I feel like he hoodwinked a lot of you.

November 11, 2008 10:19 am at 10:19 am |
  25. James

'that is going to be good for my family, for my state, for my nation, an opportunity for me'

isn't suppose to be other way.. Nation first State and then my family and me.

One can get her Way of thinking... which is oposit GOP slogan "' Country first.. but her's seems like self first and country last...:)

November 11, 2008 10:20 am at 10:20 am |