November 11th, 2008

Palin not ruling out 2012 bid

Palin is considering a presidential bid over her own.
Palin is considering a presidential bid over her own.

(CNN) - As Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin heads to Florida to attend the Republican Governors Association annual conference in Miami, she says she'd consider a run for the White House in 2012 or beyond.

Less than one week after the victory by Barack Obama and Joe Biden over the GOP ticket in the presidential election, John McCain's running mate is speaking out about her political future in national politics.

"Don't let me miss the open door. Show me where the open door is and even if it's cracked up a little bit, maybe I'll just plow right on through that and maybe prematurely plow through it, but don't let me miss an open door. And if there is an open door in '12 or four years later, and if it is something that is going to be good for my family, for my state, for my nation, an opportunity for me, then I'll plow through that door," Palin said in an interview with Fox News Monday.

Palin will be with her fellow Republican governors on Wednesday and Thursday as they meet in Miami. In the crowd will be other possible contenders for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination.

Palin also sits down Wednesday for a one on one interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer. Tune into the Situation Room, starting at 4 pm ET Wednesday to see Wolf's candid conversation with Palin.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Sonya

Go ahead and run...Sarah...go for it....but keep in mind...being the President of the United States is an "opporuinity"...

so go for it so that we can watch you lose...

November 11, 2008 10:20 am at 10:20 am |
  2. Democrat Against Pelosi

I say Reps. would be smartest to go with Crist/Jindal (or Crist/Leibberman if he chooses to endore THEM again :D) and save Palin for a 2016 run.

November 11, 2008 10:20 am at 10:20 am |
  3. Fix the Broken

Seriously,

Does anyone here honestly believe that she could get 50% of the popular vote? Granted, she has captured the love and imagination of some people - even some family members of mine. For what reason is beyond my comprehension, but it is there.

But is she popular with at least 50% of the people? I don't think so. She is a divisive and from what I have seen in her campaigning very hateful person.

November 11, 2008 10:20 am at 10:20 am |
  4. carol kesling

to washington observer&tom in deleware, you need to give "OUR NEW PRESIDENT" a chonce before you PUT HIM DOWN ... after 8 years of this administration, we all own him that !!!!! or ARE YOU AFRAID HE WILL DO GOOD , and you couldnt STAND THAT ??????? WE ARE "ONE NATION UNDER GOD" remember ????

November 11, 2008 10:20 am at 10:20 am |
  5. Sylvia

Please, Sarah, please, run for the President in 2012, because Obama will pull off an easy win for his second term. Please run, sarah, run.

November 11, 2008 10:20 am at 10:20 am |
  6. Female Voter

Palin's "bid" for 2012 is GOOD NEWS for the GOP!

November 11, 2008 10:20 am at 10:20 am |
  7. Irma in North Carolina

Sarah, if you get anywhere near the republican party in 2012 I will quit the republican party and go independent. We dont need any more hate rallys like you had and the bashing that you did. Even the newspaper in Alaska said that . You with the hate rallys was the cause of the threats made on Obamas life. And I cant believe that you are proud of the way you conducted your self. And the fact that you didnt know the VP does not give concession speech. I think you Should take Ted Stevens place up there you two make a good pair.

November 11, 2008 10:20 am at 10:20 am |
  8. Adam

Golly gee whiz Sarah , why don't get all Mavericky, and go back home and watch for Russians. Maybe visit a library and check out a few books.....

1. Dinosaurs: No, they weren't here 4000 years ago.
    2. NAFTA for Dummies
    3. Continents of the World
    4. The Bush Doctrine
    5. How to Answer Questions Directly in Less Than 10 Words.

As you can see, there is a LOT to keep you occupied until 2012 and beyond. Please, your 10 minutes of fame are just about up....tick tock tick tock.....

November 11, 2008 10:21 am at 10:21 am |
  9. soccer mom

Like this is a surprise?

She didn't do enough damage she wants to try for some more.

November 11, 2008 10:21 am at 10:21 am |
  10. sp

PALIN- GO FOR IT! YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES!!!

November 11, 2008 10:21 am at 10:21 am |
  11. Jamie

Sarah Palin is the reason that the McCain campaign had any life at all. I just never hope I see the day that a socialist is elected president of the United States of America. Oh wait....
    Silly little libs....

November 11, 2008 10:21 am at 10:21 am |
  12. Taryn

If she does, and if she wins GOD HELP US!!!! People are so wrapped up in this woman because she's attractive and they see her as more of a superstar than a political figure. People need to wake up!

November 11, 2008 10:22 am at 10:22 am |
  13. james

Geeze !!!!!! Say it ain`t so, Joe !!!! Go away Sarah ---shoot a moose, skin a buck, look at Russia thru your window. You just love the" beauty contest" atmosphere and, by golly, all that stuff that comes with it, you know !!!!!

November 11, 2008 10:22 am at 10:22 am |
  14. Sarah, Northern Colorado

If she ran, that'd be 2 elections that the Dems sweep. I say she should go for that 2012 run! You go, Sarah Palin!

(OBAMA '12!)

November 11, 2008 10:22 am at 10:22 am |
  15. KM

I hope she does run! She will be great for the party and great for the country. In what I have seen of her since the election's end, I have realized that McCain was holding her back.
    She was cleared of all wrong doing (in 2 different investigations) on the Troopergate scandal – for all you left wing nuts, this means she did nothing wrong.
    The fact that she is religious and pro-life is admirable. It is already making me sick to my stomach the Executive orders Obama plans to repeal with regard to abortion and embryonic stem cell research!
    If Obama continues on this route, she has a legitimate chance.

November 11, 2008 10:22 am at 10:22 am |
  16. Montana Mama

She really is showing her 85 IQ level...she cannot and would not win a NATIONAL election...

November 11, 2008 10:22 am at 10:22 am |
  17. Karen-phoenix

NO NO NO!!! She is soooo uneducated and apparentely does NOT believe in education as all her children are high school drop outs!!!!
    I just can NOT watch that women talk with her "valley" girl type accent and she makes NO sense what she says–words but NO substance.

November 11, 2008 10:22 am at 10:22 am |
  18. John in NewYork

I like it when someone with nothing to offer and plenty to laugh at runs for the opponent.

November 11, 2008 10:22 am at 10:22 am |
  19. 60 year old, white female for Obama

Washington Observer: Your constant reference of Obama being the Messiah is getting a bit tiresome; your obvious, and I believe false hope, that Obama may fail indicates a total and pathetic lack of concern for your country. This bizarre desire for elections without end reflected by some on this post is what got us into this partisan, gridlocked gov't.

Any thinking person looking at the crisises this country has and thinks a man of 72 who ran a confused, rudderless campaign and a woman devoid of curiosity and knowledge would be able to solve these national and global problems is not looking at reality.

November 11, 2008 10:23 am at 10:23 am |
  20. wonkguy, Bethesda MD

Come on. Why is every organization rushing to interview this woman? She is such a lightweight. She's done.

November 11, 2008 10:23 am at 10:23 am |
  21. johnrj08

If she "plows right through there", I think I'll just go get plowed myself. What an incredible dope.

November 11, 2008 10:23 am at 10:23 am |
  22. me

Her 15 minutes are FOREVER over.

November 11, 2008 10:23 am at 10:23 am |
  23. DW

The more she talks the less likely this will be.

November 11, 2008 10:23 am at 10:23 am |
  24. James in PHX

Palin is not qualified to be a governor. Why any true american would try to get her to run as a VP or President is beyond ridickulus.
    What is wrong with people, we already had a dumb president that ruined the country. Does someone want our country taken over? Stupidity to the max

November 11, 2008 10:23 am at 10:23 am |
  25. CT Indy

So tired of hearing this double standard. Why can't she be a working mom? No one gives Michele Obama a hard time over it – she is praised for it. In fact, Mrs. Obama is on record as saying that one of her initiatives is to help working moms.

If Palin were a man, she wouldn't be receiving half the criticism she gets. To be fair, I also don't believe she would have been pick for VP nominee if she were a man because she lacks experience. But that is a different issue. It one thing to disagree with political views or to dislike a candidate for things they say – comment about that. But to focus only the "mom" aspect, or her "place as a woman" is purely sexist and ignorant.

November 11, 2008 10:23 am at 10:23 am |