November 11th, 2008

Palin not ruling out 2012 bid

Palin is considering a presidential bid over her own.
Palin is considering a presidential bid over her own.

(CNN) - As Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin heads to Florida to attend the Republican Governors Association annual conference in Miami, she says she'd consider a run for the White House in 2012 or beyond.

Less than one week after the victory by Barack Obama and Joe Biden over the GOP ticket in the presidential election, John McCain's running mate is speaking out about her political future in national politics.

"Don't let me miss the open door. Show me where the open door is and even if it's cracked up a little bit, maybe I'll just plow right on through that and maybe prematurely plow through it, but don't let me miss an open door. And if there is an open door in '12 or four years later, and if it is something that is going to be good for my family, for my state, for my nation, an opportunity for me, then I'll plow through that door," Palin said in an interview with Fox News Monday.

Palin will be with her fellow Republican governors on Wednesday and Thursday as they meet in Miami. In the crowd will be other possible contenders for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination.

Palin also sits down Wednesday for a one on one interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer. Tune into the Situation Room, starting at 4 pm ET Wednesday to see Wolf's candid conversation with Palin.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Dave in Houston

She should go for it, for sure. I'm a Democrat and I am 99% sure that I am going to want an Obama re-election in '12, so Palin would be an easy candidate to beat.

If she were a real centrist, moderate Republican (and she were running against one of our dud candidates like John Kerry), I might go for her, because she is hot! She's a month younger than me, so I feel I'd have a chance (less than the lottery jackpot, but a sliver of a chance)! I know, I'm terrible, but the fact that she is a right-wing whacko and we had the best candidate in a generation or two in Barack Obama made me vote correctly and not like a dirty, middle-aged man.

November 11, 2008 09:27 am at 9:27 am |
  2. jAY

Why, in the world are we still trying to make news about the election. Let us hear more about what President-Elect Obama will need to do. He hasn't even been in the Office yet and we are already for the 2012 re-election of him. I think that we all need to let go of the post-election blues and move on to something really important and I was looking forward to not hearing her voice again.

November 11, 2008 09:27 am at 9:27 am |
  3. G from Canada

That door is locked shut

November 11, 2008 09:27 am at 9:27 am |
  4. FL Rep for Obama

I had hoped, that after last week, we would not have to listen to the shrill shrieking from that woman any longer. Please, please go away. You are annoying and nobody with a brain likes you.

November 11, 2008 09:28 am at 9:28 am |
  5. Wayne ( Canada )

yes, she definitely should be shown THE DOOR

November 11, 2008 09:28 am at 9:28 am |
  6. Dan

This woman should stay in Alaska where she belongs.
    The next President of the U.S., whether man or woman, black or white, should demonstrate awareness of both the domestic issues and the world around them. This woman demonstrates neither.

November 11, 2008 09:28 am at 9:28 am |
  7. Carla from NC

She can go right on ahead and plow through it. But there is no way the U.S. will elect her President. I don't think 4 years or 8 years is long enough for her to learn how the US government actually works. I need someone who knows that (gasp) we are actually a part of NAFTA and whose other half was not part of a group that wanted to secede from the country. And I read the entire Troopergate file. What she was doing was unethical.

November 11, 2008 09:28 am at 9:28 am |
  8. Tom

There's no way. Can't someone put a leash on this idiot? Romney?

November 11, 2008 09:28 am at 9:28 am |
  9. Melissa

Does she still not understand that she was part of the reason McCain lost? Did she not look at the polls, which consistently stated that she was not qualified? Ignorance in basic education at the age of 44 will not change at the age of 48.

November 11, 2008 09:28 am at 9:28 am |
  10. Houston Boy

God will keep the door open wor her.

Wait! God was supposed to make her a VP "the morning after", too.
    I guess she didn't pray hard enough.

November 11, 2008 09:28 am at 9:28 am |
  11. Barbara in NC

No news here – gonna see if MSNBC has shut up about the ditz. I can't stand the stupid woman.

November 11, 2008 09:28 am at 9:28 am |
  12. John

Oh God, please, please, please, let it be her! President Obama won't even need to leave the White House to beat this delusional fame junkie! She is Dan Quayle in a dress (which, by the way, was paid for by the RNC).

November 11, 2008 09:29 am at 9:29 am |
  13. Noi

Wow! This woman needs some sense knocked into her. Or maybe plowed into her!!!

November 11, 2008 09:29 am at 9:29 am |
  14. Michael

Perfect!

Obama 2012!

November 11, 2008 09:29 am at 9:29 am |
  15. Alistair

Well looks like Obama has won the 2012 election.

November 11, 2008 09:29 am at 9:29 am |
  16. Rick

It's wing nuts like her that are the main reason more independents moved away from voting Republican

November 11, 2008 09:29 am at 9:29 am |
  17. Sharon

This is one Republican who would support Sarah Palin in 2012. She's the only reason I supported McCain this time!.

November 11, 2008 09:29 am at 9:29 am |
  18. mavrick

HAHAHAHAHA- yea right! She is the reason John McCain lost in a landslide the first time- Not even the folks in her own party trust her- Hillary has a better shot than she does at the first lady president or VP for that matter.

November 11, 2008 09:30 am at 9:30 am |
  19. CJ

I supported McCain, but despise this woman. I couldnt imagine this woman running this country

November 11, 2008 09:30 am at 9:30 am |
  20. EJ

Let Palin go guys, let her go. No... it's okay guys. Let her go. It'll be a tough road ahead now that we have to deal with the issues but it'll be okay. Let her go.

November 11, 2008 09:30 am at 9:30 am |
  21. Red, North Carolina

Sarah...Bulls PLOW THROUGH China Closets too....thanks but no thanks on that one...this our country we're talking about. The lives of millions of people hang in the balance. We need someone who knows *basic* geography. It astounds me how she is completely incapable of her own large and obvious intellectual limitations. When the cheering crowds of white religious fanatics are gone...how on God's green earth do you think you could begin to tackle any of what is going on in our world??

November 11, 2008 09:31 am at 9:31 am |
  22. LyonsPhilly

Sarah needs to focus on her current position. I will never vote for someone who referred to Obama as a terrorist among other things. She is not capable of running a clean campaign and will always try to find someone else to blame for her mistakes. She should have declined McCain's offer for the VP position and worked on strengthening her national political knowledge and maybe run for office in 2012. Since the entire world has seen the type of person she is (cut-throat and sneaky) it wil be hard for her to be taken serious in another election.

November 11, 2008 09:31 am at 9:31 am |
  23. Joe PA

OH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET HER RUN IN 2012!!!!!!!!

Obama/Biden '12

November 11, 2008 09:31 am at 9:31 am |
  24. Davis

Ok, I'm officially tired of hearing about her. There is no way she even has a chance of being elected.

November 11, 2008 09:31 am at 9:31 am |
  25. Alice Newman Center Harbor NH

Not a Palin fan but looking forward to seeing what a Maverick will do now that the McCain campaign "handlers" are hands off ... and have riled her up by making nasty comments ... under the cover of not telling who they are, of course: McCain handlers: no brains and no guts! They wouldn't even let McCain 08 be McCain of 2000!

Hand this group of "mistakes were made" people a mirror if they want to blame someone:

November 11, 2008 09:31 am at 9:31 am |