November 11th, 2008

Palin not ruling out 2012 bid

Palin is considering a presidential bid over her own.
Palin is considering a presidential bid over her own.

(CNN) - As Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin heads to Florida to attend the Republican Governors Association annual conference in Miami, she says she'd consider a run for the White House in 2012 or beyond.

Less than one week after the victory by Barack Obama and Joe Biden over the GOP ticket in the presidential election, John McCain's running mate is speaking out about her political future in national politics.

"Don't let me miss the open door. Show me where the open door is and even if it's cracked up a little bit, maybe I'll just plow right on through that and maybe prematurely plow through it, but don't let me miss an open door. And if there is an open door in '12 or four years later, and if it is something that is going to be good for my family, for my state, for my nation, an opportunity for me, then I'll plow through that door," Palin said in an interview with Fox News Monday.

Palin will be with her fellow Republican governors on Wednesday and Thursday as they meet in Miami. In the crowd will be other possible contenders for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination.

Palin also sits down Wednesday for a one on one interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer. Tune into the Situation Room, starting at 4 pm ET Wednesday to see Wolf's candid conversation with Palin.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Ron was a REP now a DEM

hopefully she will start to read some newspapers by then and might be a little more educated to know she is not President material. Please go away you uneducated fall guy

November 11, 2008 09:38 am at 9:38 am |
  2. Karen

Playing the victime is not going to work with me. For someone who is a maverick, smart, intelligent, independent and the picture of the future, it is hard to believe you did as you were told. America was being sold a lie and now that the truth is coming out everyone is a coward and a jerk. Why isn't anyone calling her on the things she said. Palin spoke the words Palin should take on the responsiblity. If she was not running for what she stood for and to represent the people what would America get if McCain/Palin did win. What would people vote for. Palin does not scare me but makes me work so much harder to demand responsible people hold office and is there to serve the United States of America, not the States with people who think like a racist.

November 11, 2008 09:39 am at 9:39 am |
  3. Doug Blackman

It's not frightening that she doesn't know anything.

It's frightening that she isn't aware that she doesn't know anything.

If she runs she'll only drag the party to the extreme right, and that's what destroyed the McCain campaign.

I'm not sure if it's good news or bad news that she doesn't understand that a victory cannot be had without appealing to the MIDDLE.

But she's shown no signs of that so far . . .

November 11, 2008 09:39 am at 9:39 am |
  4. KAT

Obama against Palin wouldn't even be a race. I'd rather see her run against Hillary in '16. Hillary would mop the floor with her. Now that would be worth seeing!

November 11, 2008 09:39 am at 9:39 am |
  5. Diane

I am so glad Sarah Palin is planning to run, you know, for the nation and for herself, also, because in this world, you havta work, really get in there and work and succeed, with that wonderful effort that is god-given. We havta take this country onto the right path, being a maverick and not part of the, you know, old boy network but blazing a new path and also trying new ideas to succeed. Breaking down doors, maybe a little crumbled, maybe a little scratched up there, but really breaking them down and plowing thru like a snow machine and Louis Vuitton. For God. Amen.

November 11, 2008 09:39 am at 9:39 am |
  6. joann

I guess it would take her four years to learn her geography, learn how to talk without sounding so "ghetto", learn how to teach her daughter about safe sex, (cause let it have been one of Obama's daughters pregnant...we would have heard about it everyday)learn national security, learn how not to try to be divisive...I could go on & on!!!!

November 11, 2008 09:39 am at 9:39 am |
  7. GB

What a joke. The republicans will lose again.

November 11, 2008 09:39 am at 9:39 am |
  8. Hopeful for Tomorrow

I wonder if she'll have her medical records prepared by 2012.

November 11, 2008 09:40 am at 9:40 am |
  9. canadian

for president???? Sarah and Joe the Plumber would be the biggest joke of the century. (Pain and Panic) lmao

November 11, 2008 09:41 am at 9:41 am |
  10. Jason White

It fills me with hope, knowing that she will try to run again. Of course, one shudders thinking about what she will have to deal with, most specifically, the damage brought on by our Muslim leader (I'd rather have a fervent Christian – I'm an atheist – than an agent of Islam in office.

November 11, 2008 09:41 am at 9:41 am |
  11. Ben

Does she even know that there are certain words that end in a "g"? Sayin' isn't a word.

November 11, 2008 09:41 am at 9:41 am |
  12. Joe Public

Palin needs to wake up and smell the coffee. My trash collector shows more leadership and knowledge then she does when it comes to the necessary credentials to become a President. People proved they were not stupid when they went to the polls. I doubt very seriously that any candiate wanting a shot for the top job would put someone that they met once on their ticket to make them fail. She even talks bad about her own party now and blames the loss to Bush and his spending habits. Where was this talk when she was putting up her front during her run?

November 11, 2008 09:41 am at 9:41 am |
  13. James

Yes Palin , We hear You ! However, eight yrs. is a long time. Ask Bush, He'd like to have stayed in Texas.
    No Time is like the Present ! Enjoy, don't wish your life away !

November 11, 2008 09:41 am at 9:41 am |
  14. GS

Sarah,
    By all means run! If the Republicans want to be the party for stupid, inarticulate, white ideologues, YOU would be the perfect person to wave that flag! I mean, who among us could have better represented the anti-intellectual and racist tendencies of the U.S. of A better than you? Joe the Plumber may indeed be a fiction created by the right wing, but YOU, Mrs. Palin, are the real deal! If Americans want to continue a foreign policy based on WWJD, you'd definitely be our woman. Believe me, it wasn't the fact that you couldn't speak in sentences or the $150K shopping spree that led folks away from you, it was their anti-American tendencies. So I say You Go, Girl – you definitely speak for me!

November 11, 2008 09:41 am at 9:41 am |
  15. Matt M.

Anyone who would consider voting for her, I would point out to you what she has proven yet again in this interview: that every time she opens her mouth, a flood of nonsense emerges.

November 11, 2008 09:41 am at 9:41 am |
  16. The Surly Scholar

Ohhh geez. No, Sarah, really. It's okay. You really don't need to run in 2012. Please.

In fact, tell you what: you and your husband are free to secede. Yep. Just go ahead, we won't mind one little bit.

Seriously.

November 11, 2008 09:41 am at 9:41 am |
  17. Proud American

PLEASE GOD NO!!

This woman has no other interest than personal gain – typical republican!!

November 11, 2008 09:41 am at 9:41 am |
  18. Sean

You can't just excite the far right Neo cons hypocrites in american politics inorder to become president.
    I don't see how Sarah Palin can be a president, except she starts reading and stop dividing this country. She has been a hypocrite all along. so my guess is that..she could easily blend in another centrist perspective and excite other bases as well. its up to her, she is a good political lier.

November 11, 2008 09:42 am at 9:42 am |
  19. Lisa Carreno

You failed to include the preface to Sarah Palin's comment... She said that she is a woman of faith and will rely on God's leading. She was commenting on what she says to God about open doors... not what she says to the public or the Republican party.

November 11, 2008 09:42 am at 9:42 am |
  20. Soccer Nana

It's time to focus on your children, your daughter's wedding, and the baby shower and the birth of your first grandchild. Family first please!

November 11, 2008 09:42 am at 9:42 am |
  21. Linda

I read on yahoo news that according to the Secret Service, death threats against the Obamas spiked after every Palin rally. Nice lady, huh?

November 11, 2008 09:42 am at 9:42 am |
  22. suprselr

I am sick of hearing about Obama already. I could care less where the kids attend school, where Michelle Obama shops, Barack shoots hoops or who comes to dinner. Our country is a disaster area. The cause goes back for decades, not eight years as Barack misinformed the nation. His suggestion of a civilian security force smacks of Marxism and could be a dangerous precident. He is not African American, but of MIXED HERITAGE. Why is everyone so mesmerized by this politician. ALL WE SHOULD BE CONCERNED WITH IS PUTTING OUR COUNTRY BACK TOGETHER. This campaign, in spite of early promises by the President-Elect, was about bashing the opponent and blaming Bush for all our ails. Bush was not an effective leader, but he was not the cause of all our problems. Obama needs to go to work and stop with all his eloquent, but empty speeches.

November 11, 2008 09:42 am at 9:42 am |
  23. ED FL

When will you quit giving this northern RED NECK platform to run her big mouth. She has already used up her fifteen minutes of DE-FAME.

November 11, 2008 09:42 am at 9:42 am |
  24. Larry

I HOPE SHE DOES !!!! It's got to get better

November 11, 2008 09:42 am at 9:42 am |
  25. kathy

I really don't think this woman is presidential material. she can squawk all she wants as to being held back by the campaign advisors etc, but just listen to her!...she's an airhead. The media needs to quit the bogus flattery...she didn't give interviews, etc while on the trail, she's proven her inabilities and now she's the lastest thing in talk shows...pahleeze! Let her cook moose chili and moose hotdogs, change diapers and run a carpool to the ice rink but for heaven's sake don't encourage her to stay in politics.....geesh!

November 11, 2008 09:42 am at 9:42 am |