November 11th, 2008

Palin not ruling out 2012 bid

Palin is considering a presidential bid over her own.
Palin is considering a presidential bid over her own.

(CNN) - As Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin heads to Florida to attend the Republican Governors Association annual conference in Miami, she says she'd consider a run for the White House in 2012 or beyond.

Less than one week after the victory by Barack Obama and Joe Biden over the GOP ticket in the presidential election, John McCain's running mate is speaking out about her political future in national politics.

"Don't let me miss the open door. Show me where the open door is and even if it's cracked up a little bit, maybe I'll just plow right on through that and maybe prematurely plow through it, but don't let me miss an open door. And if there is an open door in '12 or four years later, and if it is something that is going to be good for my family, for my state, for my nation, an opportunity for me, then I'll plow through that door," Palin said in an interview with Fox News Monday.

Palin will be with her fellow Republican governors on Wednesday and Thursday as they meet in Miami. In the crowd will be other possible contenders for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination.

Palin also sits down Wednesday for a one on one interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer. Tune into the Situation Room, starting at 4 pm ET Wednesday to see Wolf's candid conversation with Palin.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. SBA

If she doesn't keep herself in the political limelight that hockey thug won't marry her daughter.

November 11, 2008 09:52 am at 9:52 am |
  2. Miss Porter

Can John's political corpse get cold first ... Geez

November 11, 2008 09:52 am at 9:52 am |
  3. Mimi

Oh no! Please no!

November 11, 2008 09:52 am at 9:52 am |
  4. Debbie

The GOP will never recover from it's far right wing descent into xenophobia, religious fanaticism, ignorance, anti-intellectualism, and antiquated social views as long as the inarticulate Sarah Palin has a prominent role in the party. At some point, the party has got to ditch this stuff if they are to survive at all in a world that is moving ahead without them.

November 11, 2008 09:52 am at 9:52 am |
  5. abraxis

You have to give credit to Palin. She is persistent in what she doesn't know, and in that blissful ignorance, she is courageous.

I am all for her running for 2112 or 2116. Unless she gains more information about the world and how it operates and a fair amount of intellectual acumen, the democrats and those who see the world as being oval will keep winning the presidency.

November 11, 2008 09:52 am at 9:52 am |
  6. sue calgary

ARE you kidding me? Are YOU kidding me? Are you KIDDING me? Are you kidding ME? I thought so!! April Fools day has come early! lol

November 11, 2008 09:52 am at 9:52 am |
  7. Brian from Fort Mill, SC

Sarah Palin should hire Dan Quayle to help her prep for the debates.

They could both be contestants on the show, "Are You Dumber Than A Fifth Grader"!

November 11, 2008 09:52 am at 9:52 am |
  8. Amanda

Please dear God, save us from that dimwit ! Can she just disappear ?

November 11, 2008 09:52 am at 9:52 am |
  9. Dammy

You will LOSE. You are not right for this country. This country has left your type.

November 11, 2008 09:52 am at 9:52 am |
  10. DYLAN RIVIS

Will the real Sarah Palin please step forward !

After projecting this 'wholesale wolf hunting from the helicopter , mush them doggies across the arctic wilderness,Hey, we call 'em snow machines' image we see Palin interviewed by a national news network reporter who pointed to a Cessna type plane in the background and asking our supposedly rough and tumble Alaska governor " Can you fly one of those ?" and leaving the normally loquacious Sarah almost speechless, before mumbling something to the effect of "'I wouldn't be seen dead in one of those, it's like flying in a tin can !' This said in a very teenagey, pouting, downcast ' These questions ain't FAIR !!' demeanor.

The float plane is, if anything, a symbol of Alaskan life, being the lifeline, to this day, for many outlying communities so it is hard to accept that Sarah Palin, the wild northern woman, the one who, I guess, hung precariously out of a helicopter to kill a reputed 67 wolves would (slip up and ?) make such a down country , suburban comment about this wilderness state's fabled icon.

I smell a fabricated image here , one that is leaking badly as this once scrappy ( as long as it isn't challenged) ego wears thin under the scrutiny of enquiry.

November 11, 2008 09:52 am at 9:52 am |
  11. Tom

Palin can think about running in 2012 all she wants although i hate to rain on her parade that Obama will be the President until 2016, and besides wants America learns that she, and her husband wanted Alaska to be separate from America, and she wanted the polar bears off the protection list.
    Palin has a lot of skeletons in her closet, and thats just a few of what i just mentioned.

President? i do not think so!!!!

November 11, 2008 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  12. Independent Dave, Iowa

It's a free country, Fritter your finances away!

November 11, 2008 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  13. Andrew

She has my 100% support. She is a real person, not a creation like Obama.

November 11, 2008 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  14. travis

I find her "Alaska, Alaska, Alaska" statements alarming. She acts like Alaska is an indepdent country that provides energy to the "lower 48" as if its some kind of act of charity. Country First? No, it's Alaska First with this Governor.

November 11, 2008 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  15. david

if she runs, it will be an easy win for obama. if she is the best the republicans can field in 4 years, the republican party will once again be humiliated.

November 11, 2008 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  16. Martin

Yes Sarah run.....and make Joe the plumber your VP pick....that will be a very strong ticket!!

November 11, 2008 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  17. Debby

Well if Obama does zip for our country in the next 4 she might have a good shot. I am sure she will be keeping up with her civic lessons these next 4 years. LOL If Hillary runs she is doomed.

November 11, 2008 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  18. Noah

I love how the media coverage of the Obama's us still fawning over them. Where will Michelle shop? Where will Barack shoot hoops? Please. Are these Hollywood celebrities or the First Family? I love the double standard that exists for liberal politicians. Where will the Obama girls go to school? I can guarantee it won't be a public school even though Democrats are supposedly for public education sector and the Teacher's Unions. Why would he risk his kids' educational futures by sending them to a public school instead of a private one? He won't. He is a hypocrite just like Al Gore was and just like Bill Clinton. Do Democrats ever do anything they preach to everyone else?

November 11, 2008 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  19. Dream on....ain't happening

Hell No...No Way. No How, No Palin 2012 or 2016 or 2020.

Go back to school and learn the Constitutions of the USA, continents, NAFTA, .....

I would love to see a female president running the United States of America but not her, I would take Chelsea or even the Bush's daughter...

She is in such denial....wow. Todd, please do us a favor and keep her is Alaska.

November 11, 2008 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  20. no more palin

========who cares?

she would never be a good leader.

she lies.
    she divides.
    she is clueless.
    she is an idiot.

November 11, 2008 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  21. Brian from Fort Mill, SC

Palin/Joe The Plumber 2012!

Their slogan can be: "Toilets you can believe in!"

November 11, 2008 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  22. Deb

Say it ain't so, Joe!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 11, 2008 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  23. Pam

The media needs to stop encouraging her – right now!!!! Stop encouraging this woman. Stop interviewing her – she is not news!!!

November 11, 2008 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  24. Mary

Didn't she blast Obama throughout the campaign for wanting to be president for personal ambitions? What's all this talk now about me and opportunity, blasting through the door etc. Sounds like an opportunist to me.

November 11, 2008 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  25. Steve

Ha! I can't think of a better way for the republicans to lose. Letting Sarah Palin run would be like gift wrapping the election for the democrats, perfect. This hag is a fraud and one of the worst examples of American politiccs. Only the tuely stupid and brain washed idiots that can't think for themselves would vote for this twat.

November 11, 2008 09:54 am at 9:54 am |