November 13th, 2008

Palin says she doesn't regret Couric interview

Gov. Sarah Palin says she will support President-elect Barack Obama and his new administration.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Former Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin said Wednesday she does not regret her interview with Katie Couric of CBS and wishes she had been more available to the media during the campaign.

"I should have done it, yes. And her questions were fair," Palin told CNN's Larry King Wednesday. "Obviously being a bit annoyed with some of the questions, my annoyance shows through."

Palin had some well-publicized fumbles during interviews with Couric in late September leading up to her vice presidential debate.

"Certainly I should have done the interview. And to attribute I think that interview to any kind of negativity in the campaign or a downfall in the campaign, I think it's ridiculous."

Palin added she wished she talked more to the media.

"In retrospect, in hindsight, I wish I would had more opportunities or that we would have seized more opportunities to speak more," Palin said.

Full story

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. EJ

Who cares. . . Who cares. . . Who cares. . . In 50, 100, 200 years from now no one will remember her. They will, however, study the issues facing the nation today so maybe we should as well...?

I know the economy's tough, CNN, but still....

November 13, 2008 10:34 am at 10:34 am |
  2. WoW

Sarah, Sarah, Sarah. Ok lets get you going for 2012, but keep in mind there are going to be some serious questions and testing that are headed your way. You have about two years to get upto speed with civics, history, politics, interviewing skills, platform presence not to mention all of issues. I remember the movie " My Fair Lady " and I know of song " How you going to keep m down on the farm " Ready, Set , Go.

November 13, 2008 10:34 am at 10:34 am |
  3. stephen perry

Wow, All this hatred to a beautiful woman trying to help her country, there's alot of tree hugging, peaceful liberals that are very jealous of this woman... Leave her alone, Maybe if you get to know her, she'll help you with an extreme makeover.....Don't be so bitter

November 13, 2008 10:34 am at 10:34 am |
  4. John

Go away ..... FOREVER!!!!!!!!

November 13, 2008 10:34 am at 10:34 am |
  5. kevin

Palin is what lost 08! If the party wants to lose 2016, send the Caribou Barbie out there. She's great for sound bites and she was what decided this last election.

November 13, 2008 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  6. J J

President Barack Obama November 13th, 2008 10:04 am ET

"CNN

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ENOUGH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

NO MORE PALIN PLEASE!!!!! If I hear the word " Also " come from her mouth again I am going to bust!!"

Are you just as sick as hearing Obama saying uh, uh, uh when he is not reading from a teleprompter?

November 13, 2008 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  7. Jerry

No Sarah, denying that the interview played a HUGE part in driving up your negatives and thereby undermined the campaign, is ridiculous.

Then again, you ARE ridiculous.

November 13, 2008 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  8. Tempered

Dear Sarah Palin,

PLEASE GO AWAY!!!

Sincerely,
    The American People

November 13, 2008 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  9. Nola

Please CNN stop the interviews with this woman – some of the people cannot take her any more. if you don't stop – I will have to look at another news media

November 13, 2008 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  10. JIMBISCIELLO

JUST GIVE HER AND HER HUSBAND A REALITY SHOW TITLED

" HOW TO SECEDE FROM THE UNION"
    MAYBE SHE WILL GO AWAY IF THE MEDIA STOPS COVERING HER.
    SHE IS IRRELEVANT....

November 13, 2008 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  11. shirley battleford, saskatchewan, canada

With the results of her disaproval rating even to be vice-president does this woman not understand that the people spoke when they voted? When does she go away.................soon I hope.

November 13, 2008 10:44 am at 10:44 am |
  12. john

So many qualified, intelligent Republican wome must be tearing their hair out with this dailey barrage of vacuous Palinism . . . .

November 13, 2008 10:45 am at 10:45 am |
  13. Randy, San Francisco

Great job Palin! Thanks for helping the Democrats. A divided GOP in 2012 will mean a 2nd term for Obama in the White House.

November 13, 2008 10:46 am at 10:46 am |
  14. Georgia Gal

Susie B,

It's kind of hard when the she and the media keep talking about her 24/7. I watch and read the news for other things, but then I get bombarded by all this Sarah Palin talk.

November 13, 2008 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  15. Dixie AZ

It is clear that Palin has already begun her campaign for 2012. It is also clear that she still cannot put together a complete sentence to make herself understood. She makes a fine speech from written material, but otherwise her rambling conversation makes little sense. My advice Sarah, if you want to be taken seriously, lose the folksy speech patterns – pronounce the "ings."

November 13, 2008 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  16. Steph

It's the McCain's camp's fault Palin is still in the spotlight. By making those snarky comments they gave her a platform to stand on. Now she gets to do what she does best and play the "oh shucks” personality politics that really is her strong suit; If they want this woman to go away they should do what the Obama camp did and just leave her alone. She'll eventually hang herself with her lack of knowledge, lack of intellectual curiosity, and lack of understanding about foreign affairs. She is about 8 years too late to win a presidency based on just a charismatic personality with no substance; we've all seen where that story leads and it's not a happy ending.

November 13, 2008 10:54 am at 10:54 am |
  17. ShawnT

I was on my way to work one day. On the radio, I heard a registered republican woman say she "really liked" Palin and would vote for her because "she can manage 4 kids, be a governer, and still look good"...and because "she is girly, tee hee".

I am NOT making this up.

November 13, 2008 10:54 am at 10:54 am |
  18. Alex

Sarah Palin needs to thank her lucky stars that the people of Alaska have not run her out of town for making them look so bad. Let's face facts here. The ONLY reason she is not ignored by the media is because she's a beautiful woman who knows how to work her charms. Every answer she gives is like the one an ill-prepared pageant contestant gives; a stream of nonsense desperately filled with key words in the place of substance. I'm so sick and tired of the "liberal media" not calling her on her BLATANT lies. Couric did not ask her what she read "up there in Alaska". Couric asked her what she read to keep herself updated on current events, etc. It was a perfectly fair and legitimate question and she is lying over and over to cover her uninformed, sorry behind. Enough. Go back to Alaska and stay there.

November 13, 2008 10:56 am at 10:56 am |
  19. Ann

WHO IS THIS WOMAN???????????????/

PLEASE CNN I CAN EASILY HAVE HEART ATTACK
    GET HER OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

November 13, 2008 10:57 am at 10:57 am |
  20. ithink

Don't be surprised if you see her again. Americans can be very fickle
    if Obama screws up, republicans will be back 4/8 years. If you have any doubt, just look at history. History tells us one party can't seem to hold on to power that long. The reason is the majority of Americans care little about left or right ideologies, we want an America that works!! Basically don't feed me rheoric, it's useless in the real world

This message is to all far right and far left loons!!!

November 13, 2008 10:58 am at 10:58 am |
  21. chelle

The Moose is on the loose. Silly Sarah should fold up her tent and steal away. Go home and read read read!!! Discover the history behind the state the world is in. Educate herself, learn to speak English in structured sentences, not run-on phrases that lack nouns.
    Saying the Couric interview was the result of annoyance is rather like John McCain blaming the tone of the campaign on Obama not doing town hall interviews. Neither makes any sense.

November 13, 2008 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  22. TeresaInTN

Uggghhhh!!!! I have been faithfully watching CNN ever since the primaries every chance I had. Now, when CNN even mentions her name, I turn the channel.

This woman is really milking her 15 minutes; which been up for almost 15 days now.

Her behavior now – wanting to be interviewed now adds validity to the comments from the McCain aides who said she was acting like a "DIVA" and went "rouge"; her agenda wasn't about getting McCain elected; it was about her personal agenda the entire time.

November 13, 2008 11:12 am at 11:12 am |
  23. Theresa

CNN – If you continue to run these reports people will turn CNN off. We don't want to hear nor read nor watch ANY MORE OF SARAH PALIN!! enough is enough. She is a disgrace to the GOP and the country.
    Let the real winners be the center of your coverage with real stories.

November 13, 2008 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |