November 18th, 2008

Bush daughters give tour to Obamas

The Bushes toured the Obamas through the White House Tuesday.
The Bushes toured the Obamas through the White House Tuesday.

(CNN) - Jenna and Barbara Bush, the president's daughters, personally toured Barack Obama's daughters around the White House Tuesday, a White House spokeswoman said.

The Bush daughters showed Malia and Sasha Obama their future rooms and other parts of their soon-to-be home, according to Sally McDonough, first lady Laura Bush's press secretary.

“Mrs. Bush hosted Mrs. Obama and her family at the White House this afternoon. Barbara and Jenna joined, and they enjoyed showing their rooms to the Obama girls," McDonough said. "The visit lasted approximately one hour.”

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Sandy

I wonder if Jenna showed them where she used to stash her liquor.

November 18, 2008 07:23 pm at 7:23 pm |
  2. Joanne, MS

This is a sweet story. No one knows more about the White House than the girls/ladies who have lived there. I think the Bushes should be commended. I'm sure the Obama girls really appreciated spending time with them.

Great story. It' makes me hopeful for this country.

November 18, 2008 07:27 pm at 7:27 pm |
  3. Joanne, Mississippi

Great story. It makes me hopeful for this country.

November 18, 2008 07:28 pm at 7:28 pm |
  4. Tyrone Brown

I cannot wait until January 20, 2009 and to see the new First Family move into the White House.

Can you believe it? What an amazing experience for these two little girls and the country.

God Bless America!

November 18, 2008 07:28 pm at 7:28 pm |
  5. Anna, ATL

Now this is a nice Story!

November 18, 2008 07:29 pm at 7:29 pm |
  6. Ella Blue, NE

The Bushes' hospitality shows good old down home southern hospitality. It also shows a respect for the transition of power that takes place every 4-8 years. Bravo.

The White House is our house and the residents should act accordingly. What a lovely story.

November 18, 2008 07:30 pm at 7:30 pm |
  7. Lee the hedge fund manager, Ann Arbor, MI

I bet you liberals will even post nasty things about the Bush girls.

November 18, 2008 07:37 pm at 7:37 pm |
  8. sid

how nice!!

November 18, 2008 07:38 pm at 7:38 pm |
  9. Daryl from Seattle

This wholesome apple pie charade is making me want to puke.

November 18, 2008 07:40 pm at 7:40 pm |
  10. A Woman In California For Obama

In spite of it all-I think the Bush's are acting very professional and courteous. I'm glad to hear of peaceful relationships for a change. I'm sure the Obama girls are excited and really appreciate the time the Bush girls shared with them. Let's congratulate the Bush's for their hospitality.

November 18, 2008 07:40 pm at 7:40 pm |
  11. SOUTHERN HOTTIE

Great. Glad all the girls got together.

But this is on the ticker why????????????

November 18, 2008 07:41 pm at 7:41 pm |
  12. Texas Teacher

Brrrrrr.. those are hard party girls.... the fruit does not fall far from the tree! I don't know if I would want my little girls alone with them for any more than about an hour..... even then! :) Well, if they were wlll chaperoned.... *shrug*

November 18, 2008 07:42 pm at 7:42 pm |
  13. S

That was very sweet of them, but this is not news worthy.

November 18, 2008 07:43 pm at 7:43 pm |
  14. Sierra, TX

Good, after a bruising election, it's time for a little civility.

Kudos to the Bush girls.

November 18, 2008 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  15. Joe Texas

I appreciate the Bush family for putting foward a smooth transition for Obama's, We are happy to the Obama's and hope for a good Admistration... Good Luck to all

November 18, 2008 07:52 pm at 7:52 pm |
  16. Nancy, MO

We've had a southern president for 28 years, and it hasn't always been nice. It's great to see a little southern hospitality that's nice for a change.

November 18, 2008 07:52 pm at 7:52 pm |
  17. Remi Murphy

ONE AMERICA!!!!!

Obama/Biden '08

November 18, 2008 07:54 pm at 7:54 pm |
  18. Whatever

who cares.....

November 18, 2008 07:55 pm at 7:55 pm |
  19. Llisa

That's nice, especially since at least one of the twins voted for their dad! (The gig is up!)

November 18, 2008 07:56 pm at 7:56 pm |
  20. S Callahan

I agree....my first thought was' that was very gracious' . I would have loved to hear any taies the twins may have shared with the young Obama girls. Tthank You President Bush and family for showing decency in this transition. Do I smell civility returning as vogue in America?

November 18, 2008 07:57 pm at 7:57 pm |
  21. Anonymous

Big age difference in these kids so much of this is more for show ....

Jenna is a bit too old to relate to Sasha

Never the less it shows CIVILITY and I'm sure that Obama will make that a staple of his Whitehouse.

November 18, 2008 08:00 pm at 8:00 pm |
  22. thomas

Aw, aint that sweet?

November 18, 2008 08:01 pm at 8:01 pm |
  23. Gigi from NY

I agree with A Woman In California For Obama. It is nice to see people acting like professionals and being hospitable. After all that negative campaigning, it's nice to see this positive action.

November 18, 2008 08:04 pm at 8:04 pm |
  24. UCLAdy04

That's very sweet of them. It's nice to see the Bushes acting so gracious. Their Republican comrades could learn a thing or two about decency.

November 18, 2008 08:06 pm at 8:06 pm |
  25. Soccer Nana

That was so nice!!! I know the Obama Little Ladies were excited to meet and be the center of attention with the Bush Ladies.

November 18, 2008 08:06 pm at 8:06 pm |