November 18th, 2008

Bush daughters give tour to Obamas

The Bushes toured the Obamas through the White House Tuesday.
The Bushes toured the Obamas through the White House Tuesday.

(CNN) - Jenna and Barbara Bush, the president's daughters, personally toured Barack Obama's daughters around the White House Tuesday, a White House spokeswoman said.

The Bush daughters showed Malia and Sasha Obama their future rooms and other parts of their soon-to-be home, according to Sally McDonough, first lady Laura Bush's press secretary.

“Mrs. Bush hosted Mrs. Obama and her family at the White House this afternoon. Barbara and Jenna joined, and they enjoyed showing their rooms to the Obama girls," McDonough said. "The visit lasted approximately one hour.”

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Tex Ann ~~~~~~~

This is newsworthy???

November 18, 2008 08:08 pm at 8:08 pm |
  2. 3strikes

glad it was peaceful (if it ended up in a catfight, things would have gotten real ugly, in a hurry)

November 18, 2008 08:08 pm at 8:08 pm |
  3. Dorothy in NC

I have consistently been against most everything George Bush has done as President but I have to give him credit for making the transition for Obama seamless. I would like to congratulate the Bush family for their hospitality and professionalism with the Obamas.

November 18, 2008 08:09 pm at 8:09 pm |
  4. Ikechi Nwazue

Thank you the Bushes for your kind gesture to the Obamas. You will ever be remembered for good.

November 18, 2008 08:12 pm at 8:12 pm |
  5. Farrell, Houston, Tx

I find this to be too sweet. It's just like big sisters helping out little sisters and I would love a photo of them all.

November 18, 2008 08:12 pm at 8:12 pm |
  6. Great move

This is a great day. I am happy to see the Bush gorls so gracious. I know that this will be a great time for the Obama girls. This is a great time to be alive. This is on the ticker because it is good news. It is positive and nice for these young ladies to take the time to help these little girls with the transition of a lifetime. A refreshing story!

November 18, 2008 08:12 pm at 8:12 pm |
  7. OBAMANIAN STOCKER FAN

I dont understand it, what are they still doing in the Obama's house.They should remind their dad Obama is coming and his family to play Basketball in White House.

November 18, 2008 08:12 pm at 8:12 pm |
  8. Leah

"A Woman for Obama in California"? All women, men, children, dogs and cochroaches are for Obama in that God forsaken state!

November 18, 2008 08:14 pm at 8:14 pm |
  9. LATISHA VANDERBILT

THERE HAS BEEN SO MUCH TALK ABOUT WHY, WHO VOTED FOR OBAMA WHY CAN'T PEOPLE JUST ACCEPT THE FACT THAT IT DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ALL THE REASON WHY YOU VOTED, THE POINT IS YOU VOTED FOR WHO YOU WANTED FOR PRESIDENT. FOR SOME IT'S BECAUSE IT JUST MADE SENSE FOR OTHERS IT WAS BECAUSE IT JUST MADE SENSE

November 18, 2008 08:17 pm at 8:17 pm |
  10. Pepou

This was very nice of them to do that.

November 18, 2008 08:17 pm at 8:17 pm |
  11. BabsW

Laura Bush has always been both professional and courteous. And she's a very intelligent woman. My hat is off to her, even though I have nothing but contempt for her husband and his administration.

November 18, 2008 08:19 pm at 8:19 pm |
  12. Don from Cal

I love my country. I really do.

November 18, 2008 08:23 pm at 8:23 pm |
  13. KLEE

Girls Rule!! they know how to get along – even if the rest of us don't!! take a lesson people ;)

A little "reality" check is good – this is really what life is about – not all the time "bashing" each other........

November 18, 2008 08:25 pm at 8:25 pm |
  14. Barbara in NC

Laura is such a gracious lady – how the hell did she ever get stuck with that husband of hers?

November 18, 2008 08:25 pm at 8:25 pm |
  15. Punam

Good for them, this is what makes our democracy great, a pleasant transition of power.

November 18, 2008 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  16. G.R.I.T - Girl Raised in the South

It's wonderful that the Bush daughters came back to the White House to give a tour to Sasha and Malia. I bet they had so much fun showing off their former bedrooms and all of the interesting things about life in the W.H. I bet the Obama girls had fun, too, being shown around by the older girls – I can just picture Jenna and Barbara saying, "Sasha, Malia, come look at this, isn't it cool!" Giggling ensues.

November 18, 2008 08:28 pm at 8:28 pm |
  17. eric

thank god...............Bush's family seems to be very courteous.So it's all BUSH.........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! every one else in his family is fine....

November 18, 2008 08:28 pm at 8:28 pm |
  18. mike rigacci

its easy to give a tour when they have both arms and legs. unlike many of our young woman Veterans
    Mike R.

November 18, 2008 08:31 pm at 8:31 pm |
  19. Mike R.

here s hoping none are offended by stark reality. would nt want to spoil any ones Fun !

November 18, 2008 08:38 pm at 8:38 pm |
  20. ken

But they never lived there. What do they know?

November 18, 2008 08:39 pm at 8:39 pm |
  21. Sally from Cali

The Bush women are lovely and gracious.

November 18, 2008 08:42 pm at 8:42 pm |
  22. citizen, Denver

This proves that, America is a strong country. God Bless America.

November 18, 2008 08:46 pm at 8:46 pm |
  23. Karl

I agree that the Bush's are doing a very respectful job. I think this what makes America great.

November 18, 2008 08:48 pm at 8:48 pm |
  24. Jacques Kasongo

Whao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really impressive!

November 18, 2008 08:50 pm at 8:50 pm |
  25. Ryan

If I were Obama I wouldn't want my daughters anywhere near these two.

November 18, 2008 08:54 pm at 8:54 pm |