November 18th, 2008

McCain makes move to run for re-election, CNN has learned

McCain signaled he is interested in running for reelection in 2010.
McCain signaled he is interested in running for reelection in 2010.

(CNN) - CNN has learned that John McCain met Tuesday night with top advisers to start the process of setting up a political action committee.

A senior McCain aide says that was done to send the signal he intends to run for another term as senator from Arizona.

He is up for re-election in 2010.

Filed under: John McCain
  1. Lori

Old dog can't learn new tricks....

November 18, 2008 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  2. AZVoter

Lots of people love him here; I'd like to see someone good run against him, but I doubt they'd have much of a chance.

Our system is almost as ignorant and corrupt as Alaska's.

November 18, 2008 07:52 pm at 7:52 pm |
  3. Let God be in the Jury over man

Senior John McCain, has about as much of a chance to run in Alaska. He will lose his seat. To an unknown African American or a Single White femle Senator John McCain day'sare over....

November 18, 2008 07:52 pm at 7:52 pm |
  4. Steve in Las Vegas,NV

Wasn't this election enough punishment for him? At least he won't be burdened by that Failin creature. She caused a lot of damage to his campaign (And she still won't go away) to say the least.

Maybe he's a glutton for humiliation and punishment...Who knows! Good news fr the Dems.

November 18, 2008 07:54 pm at 7:54 pm |
  5. SOUTHERN HOTTIE

Leave Gracie alone.

November 18, 2008 07:54 pm at 7:54 pm |
  6. An Independent Hillary

McCain is needed in the Senate. I say go for it! As a life long Democrat, he's the only Republican that I would ever vote for. An honroble man running for President caught up in the wrong place at the wrong time (at least for being a Republican).

November 18, 2008 07:56 pm at 7:56 pm |
  7. Independent

The article is only seven lines long, and the only reason it's seven lines instead of three lines is because each line is truncated by the picture of John McCain. I do not understand why someone would not be able and willing to read all lines before posting.

November 18, 2008 07:57 pm at 7:57 pm |
  8. thomas

Maybe Sarah Palin will move to Arizona to challenge him for his seat. She's so popular she could beat him in his home state.

November 18, 2008 07:57 pm at 7:57 pm |
  9. chuck

It's time GRANDPA McCAIN GRABB some NAPPIES and head off on RETIREMENT.

November 18, 2008 07:57 pm at 7:57 pm |
  10. Casey | Sebastopol, CA

With any luck, AZ will elect a democrat in 2010. McCain is a moral and ethical wasteland, imo.

November 18, 2008 07:58 pm at 7:58 pm |
  11. gracie is a left wing idiot

Typical comment from an Obama supporter! Does anyone notice that Obama supporters tend to misspell, are not articulate, and are totally ignorant? They are drunk off the kool aid. My favorite were the attacks on Clinton supporters, contending they are racist. On the other hand, 94% of African Americans voted for Obama. Yes, my friends, voting for someone because of race is racism too.

November 18, 2008 08:00 pm at 8:00 pm |
  12. Arizona ain't

If Arizona re-elects old fool McCain
    it'll be a crying shame...
    He hasn't learned to campaign nice
    the voters won't have to think twice!
    They'll elect someone younger, smarter
    McCain was around when they signed the Magna Carter!
    With President Obama we have HOPE
    Send that Navy man away on a boat!

November 18, 2008 08:00 pm at 8:00 pm |
  13. diane08

Why did he wait until now to announce this? Do you think he was holding out for a possible position in Obama's administration? As a STRONG Obama supporter, I actually thought that would have been a good idea.

November 18, 2008 08:01 pm at 8:01 pm |
  14. mm

people like him, palin adn clintons need to move and make room for our youth, and new generation..

these folks are too old, and so out of touch with what is going on now, that this is why we are falling behind.. the rest of the world,

the turn for our youth to start re ogranizing and rebuiding this country has come
    soooo

get lost mccain, bush, palin, clinton and the rest of the old crew...

if they were honest and coudl provide advise it would be different, but these folks are just so corrupt and so out of date, they all need to move to AZ and have a comune..
    the clintons included..

we need new people, new generation, all diverse, all paths of life, races, gender, religion instead of same old same old..

go away mccain..

November 18, 2008 08:01 pm at 8:01 pm |
  15. Simmy

Since he lost to my guy, I wish him no ill will! He deserves to be forgiven just like Lieberman. I still want Lieberman stripped of his powers though.

November 18, 2008 08:01 pm at 8:01 pm |
  16. SD

The title of this article is poorly worded so that unless you read it in detail, you almost make the same mistake Gracie did in thinking he's running for POTUS in 2012. I almost made the same mistake.

November 18, 2008 08:01 pm at 8:01 pm |
  17. Soccer Nana

Does this mean we will see Joe the unlicensed plumber again?

November 18, 2008 08:01 pm at 8:01 pm |
  18. suzyku

Personally I think it's time for new blood! I'm from Arizona, have family in AZ. and nobody I know wants to vote for him any longer!

November 18, 2008 08:02 pm at 8:02 pm |
  19. Laura, MT

Barack wants to work with the Senator and the Senator wants to work with Barack. Gracie take a chill pill, and I voted for Barack.

The election is OVER, be decent.

November 18, 2008 08:04 pm at 8:04 pm |
  20. Proud Arizonan

If his ads for re-election are half as negative as his Presidential campaign, I'm not voting for him...I like him, but I'm sick of being mislead. It is an insult that in the Age of Google, Politicians try to bend the truth to their will and think they can get away with it!

November 18, 2008 08:04 pm at 8:04 pm |
  21. GARY

(CHUCK ) why dont you get ---. Your just another hater. MCain has more life in him than some of you young morons. Obama needs MCain's input. Obama hires all these clinton staff because he knows they got the know how and he dosn't know jack ---. He has a great talk but cant do the walk.

November 18, 2008 08:05 pm at 8:05 pm |
  22. Dorothy in NC

I think McCain should finish his senate seat and then retire from politics and enjoy his wife, all his homes and with the wealth he has accumulated go travel and enjoy life.

November 18, 2008 08:06 pm at 8:06 pm |
  23. Pat Green (CA)

I'd rather him run for Senate than for President!!! I say good for him. He could keep things interesting (or at least entertaining).

November 18, 2008 08:07 pm at 8:07 pm |
  24. Tony, ND

Gracie,

I voted for Barack, but get off your high horse. Senator McCain has NOTHING to be ashamed of, he won 47% of the vote. That's a lot of Americans who Barack will need to support him in the future. We're all Americans and there are no blue and red states. Didn't you listen to Obama.

Don't feed a fire that's not there.

November 18, 2008 08:07 pm at 8:07 pm |
  25. Farrell, Houston, Tx

McCain can run for re-election to the Senate but he won't win. McCain is only trying to setup one of his sons to take his place eventually and Arizona isn't going to re-elect him or one of his sons.

November 18, 2008 08:09 pm at 8:09 pm |