November 18th, 2008

Michelle Obama, daughters to visit White House

WASHINGTON (CNN) - Soon-to-be first lady Michelle Obama will visit the White House Tuesday afternoon with her daughters, Malia and Sasha, according to First Lady Laura Bush's press secretary, Sally McDonough.

McDonough said Mrs. Bush had invited Mrs. Obama to visit the White House again when her daughters were available.

Filed under: Michelle Obama
  1. Mickie

It's so hard to believe someone as gracious as Laura would be married to someone like George W.

November 18, 2008 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  2. Nick

Well, I take it they got along on their first visit then.

How many other times has the outgoing president and/or his family invited the president-elect and their family to check out the White House?

November 18, 2008 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  3. Tulsa

Once again, congratulations Mrs. Obama and family!

November 18, 2008 04:37 pm at 4:37 pm |
  4. Helen

I look forward to watching this family walk across the White House Lawn. (with or without a dog)

Helen

November 18, 2008 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  5. tiffany in ohio

Man those little mamas are too cute, i know Laura will fall in love with them. Give them all the snacks they want......oh an have some juice boxes ready i don't think they'll like that fancy crap......oh an keep Barney the dog away from Americas little precious OK!!

November 18, 2008 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  6. rick

Rush is a divider and hate mongor....He is everything that is wrong with our Culture today...Thank god there is man like Chuck Hagel to finally call Rush to judgment

November 18, 2008 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  7. PL

How did Laura Bush ever end up with someone like George? She's one heck of a nice lady. I guess I shouldn't say that about George he may also be a nice guy. Just really bad at leadership.

November 18, 2008 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  8. Nazir Jamal

I wish the Obama family a safe a joyful move into their new digs!

November 18, 2008 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  9. Gloria - Minnesota

It sure would be fun to witness those sweet little girls' expressions when they tour their soon-to-be new home! Although I get the impression that Malia and Sasha are quite mature and take things as they come! (I'm sure they will have lots of decorating ideas for their rooms!)

May God bless the Obama family (including their puppy, when (s)he joins them at the White House.)

November 18, 2008 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  10. Charlene, Republican for Obama

I simply can't wait until this precious family and puppy move in. Our country needs to see love from the White House. It is so wonderful that President-Elect Obama is a family man and not a sleeze like the last impeached Democratic president that scandalized the Oval Office.

May God bless them and our country.

November 18, 2008 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  11. California Gold

This was very gracious of Mrs. Bush and speaks well of her. I'm a Democrat and voted for Obama, but I'm a Mom first. After 9-11 Mrs. Bush spoke to the nation about helping our children with their fears and cope with the upset. What's not to admire. She has been a great First Lady. Well done Mrs. Bush.

November 18, 2008 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |
  12. Brian

I can't wait to see the press photos! :D

November 18, 2008 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |
  13. Cammi317

How exciting for the girls!

November 18, 2008 04:54 pm at 4:54 pm |
  14. Bridgette-PA

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 18, 2008 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  15. Catholic-mom-4-OBAMA

How wonderful that Michelle and the girls got to go to the White House. I am sure the little girls were eager to go check out their new home.

November 18, 2008 04:57 pm at 4:57 pm |
  16. ken

It will be great to see Obama daughters in the white house......America is a great country!

November 18, 2008 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  17. promise of a new day

Maybe Jenna can teach them how to throw a secret keg party.

November 18, 2008 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |
  18. Democrats Rule

I love this! Civility and sanity. Can we please have some more? I'm glad the girls get to see it before they actually have to move in!

November 18, 2008 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |
  19. Jill American

Better check the tunnels for left over party stuff from the Bush sisters before the little ones move in!

November 18, 2008 05:04 pm at 5:04 pm |
  20. Lilarose in Bandon, Oregon

The Obama kids will be TOTALLY ENTRANCED by the White House!

It will knock their socks off! And I am not talking about the private residence but the public areas, which I am sure they will see also.

What an experience and a treat! What lucky kids to be able to live in the middle of history.

November 18, 2008 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |
  21. Truman

Great idea, I hope they like their new surroundings. I also hope they set an example of all American children moving forward.

November 18, 2008 05:07 pm at 5:07 pm |
  22. Cherry

That makes sense, they need to see were they will be living for the next four years. that what any mother would do.

November 18, 2008 05:08 pm at 5:08 pm |
  23. Truman

Great idea, I hope they like their new surroundings. I also hope they set an example for all American children, moving forward.

November 18, 2008 05:08 pm at 5:08 pm |
  24. Billy J , TX-

I have always thought that Laura Bush was one of the few saving graces in this trainwreck of a presidency.

November 18, 2008 05:09 pm at 5:09 pm |
  25. Poncha

I think they should attend Sidwell Friends School. The Quakers have always been good people, diverse, open mindeded, and fair.

November 18, 2008 05:10 pm at 5:10 pm |