November 20th, 2008

Obama brings Biden birthday cupcakes

Barack Obama gives Joe Biden cupcakes the day before the Vice President-elect’s 66th birthday.

CHICAGO (CNN) – The day before Vice President-elect Joe Biden turns 66, President-elect Barack Obama presented his running mate with 12 candlelit cupcakes after their weekly lunch on Wednesday. He also gave Biden Chicago White Sox and Chicago Bears hats as well as a bucket of Garrett's popcorn as presents.

“You’re 12 years old!” Obama told Biden according to a Democratic source.

“Maybe in dog years!” Biden responded, laughing.

Obama and the staff then sang Biden ‘Happy Birthday.’

Rarely did Biden make a stop on the campaign trail and not mention his age. “I want you to know,” he would tell supporters, “there are only four members of the Senate who are senior to me. But the very important thing to know is there are still 39 older than me.”

Filed under: Joe Biden
  1. MICHIGAN STILL HAS HOPE

To Tom In Delaware..

If Im not mistaken, Bush and McCain had a birthday celebration WHILE THE KATRINA DISASTER WAS BREAKING WIDE OPEN, you see BIG DARN DIFFERENCE!!!

I'm sure Biden will do just fine!

Usually I'm not fond of CNN filler stories like this, but this one is okay :)

November 20, 2008 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  2. Dave

Dear Retired Teacher.

"Grammar" is spelled with an "a." Other than that, I can relate.

November 20, 2008 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  3. A Canuck

Happy Birthday Joe ...it's nice to know you and Barack are good buddies....I love you both.

November 20, 2008 10:48 am at 10:48 am |
  4. Di

I am sure that we all felt good to see Prez and V-Prez's big smiles. They are good, handsome and spirited men. They will make a great team. Obama has a BIG HEART and he greeted Joe with the cupcakes to celebrate his birthday. Tom in Delaware, YOU have no BIG HEART and you have a problem yourself. Don't say you are sorry later once the disaster get solved.

Thank you, Obama to make our smiles and know that you greeted Biden with the delicious cupcakes. Obama, you are so sweet!!!

Happy BDay, Joe the V-Prez!!!! Enjoy your day before start rolling up your sleeves and work!

November 20, 2008 11:49 am at 11:49 am |
  5. Theresa

Happy Birthday, VP Elect Biden!! You and the rest of us are in great hands. Our boss rules!!

November 20, 2008 12:50 pm at 12:50 pm |