November 21st, 2008

Palin interview causes stir

An interview Gov. Sarah Palin did Thursday is causing a stir.
An interview Gov. Sarah Palin did Thursday is causing a stir.

(CNN) - It’s the ultimate holiday photo-op for any governor: the yearly pardoning of a turkey to spare it from demise days before Thanksgiving.

But former Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin is causing a stir for an interview she gave after pardoning an Alaska turkey Thursday, during which one bird was being slaughtered in the background.

Palin appeared unaware of what was going on directly behind her, though she did seem to take a glance at the unfortunate event at one particular point during the interview.

"It's nice to support a local business and just participate in something that isn't so heavy handed politics that invites criticism," Palin said during the interview. "Certainly will probably invite criticism for even doing this too, but at least it was fun."

"I am always in charge of the turkey so I am where I need to be today to prepare for that," she also said.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
soundoff (1,391 Responses)
  1. Rob

Oh no!!!!!!!!! They showed a turkey being slaughtered. How cruel! You mean to tell me that the turkey I have at Thanksgiving was actually alive at some point???????? Besides, I would have thought that since Obama won that everyone would be at piece, and the turkeys woudl willfully give their lives, I gues you could say, do their patriotic duty.

To all the Palin bashers, you're really reaching on this one.

To Sarah Palin, careful, I hear a PETA commando force led by Pam Anderson has been activated.

To borrow from Jim Gaffigan – "Do you know what they do to them?" "No, but it's delicious."

November 21, 2008 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  2. Lauren independent voter California

The slaughtering of that turkey was very sickening to watch, Palin is a clueless idiot. I can't believe she would use that as her photo op (wait, this is palin, yes I can believe it) If the GOP selects her to run for pres they will surely lose again. Nightmare part 2.

November 21, 2008 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  3. Jim

I would say the real turkeys are most of the people who have already posted here about this article.

November 21, 2008 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  4. Joe Biden Is a Moron

If you want to talk about intelligence...want me to start counting every gaffe that our new Vice President,who you guys seem to regard as some kind of saint,has come up with,or do you not have that kind of time?

November 21, 2008 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  5. eddy

One Turkey to another

6. Ruby

Look I dont like Palin as a politician. But, could you please stop picking on her. Dont tell Palin to go away....YOU the media GO AWAY!

7. Crw

This goes to show that democrats eat turkeys that are alive and republicans eat turkeys that are dead.

8. deb in Colo

LOL – it doesn't get better than that!

No clue what's happening in the real world!

(and after I swore I wouldn't read another Sarah Palin story on CNN....)

9. SANTE

Americans, you are ignorant!
    SARAH PALIN is a real woman; EUROPEANS are like her!
    America has created a fake image of so cold "emancipated woman". That why you are in deep sh....!

10. Sympathetic Democrat

I couldn't help but laugh at this. I was about to complain about the unflattering pictures that the press always puts up in stories of Hillary Clinton but then I saw this and changed my mind. C'mon that turkey is probably the one the Palin's will be eating. At least she's eating locally.

11. Cena

Something is wrong with that woman! I can't believe she can stand there and have a conversation so oblivious to what is going on around her! Amazing.....what is wrong with her?????

12. Tom

I'm not a Palin fan but I find the controversy mystifying. I'll bet all of those who were offended believe their Thanksgiving Turkeys are born Headless and in a bag.

She's an easy target but let's get a grip.

13. Joe

The people bashing this lady are also the people making her more rich and popular by the day. You think she'd be this publicized if it wasn't what the public was watching? You think she'd be getting all these interviews, opportunities, etc if you idiots weren't watching. reading and listening? I love Palin, she is a marketing genius. She wouldn't be where she is without the hateful morons who stalk her. She probably gets her paycheck and says "who's the idiot"?! More props to Sarah.

14. Den

Most of these comments come from idiots as they like to call others. Sarah Palin is head and shoulders above all of you.

15. The Lady

Has Bristol Palin had her baby yet?

16. Saad from NJ

Come on everyone – leave her alone – she is HOT!! She is the reason why there are so many jokes on blonds.... lol ::))

17. Kelly

She obviously doesn't understand the concept of "political correctness".

November 21, 2008 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  18. Nancy

Everyone is quick to criticize... but what is the majority of the US eating this coming Thursday? Its just reality folks!

November 21, 2008 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  19. jim

I thought Bush was a buffoon. This chick is head and shoulders above Bushy. Wow. What a clown. I thank God every night before I go to bed that she wasn't elected vice President.

November 21, 2008 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  20. Staice

How do you think the Turkey gets to the table if it is not slaughtered?

November 21, 2008 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  21. PAT

Palin/Bachman 2012!

November 21, 2008 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  22. MadKat97

Ceiling Cat is watching you kill turkeys...

November 21, 2008 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  23. Muz

Anyone who finds this to be a big deal should just become a vegetarian.

November 21, 2008 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  24. LyonsPhilly

What a blubbering idiot. It's really a shame that McCain didn't feel confident enough to win on his own merit that he would actually place the United States in further jeopardy with this attention seeking clown. She did nothing for him or herself. Thank goodness we dodged this scary bullet....She is a walking disaster.

November 21, 2008 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  25. jill

please never go away. you continue to do more to kill the GOP than any democrat ever could.

November 21, 2008 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |