November 21st, 2008

Palin interview causes stir

An interview Gov. Sarah Palin did Thursday is causing a stir.
An interview Gov. Sarah Palin did Thursday is causing a stir.

(CNN) - It’s the ultimate holiday photo-op for any governor: the yearly pardoning of a turkey to spare it from demise days before Thanksgiving.

But former Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin is causing a stir for an interview she gave after pardoning an Alaska turkey Thursday, during which one bird was being slaughtered in the background.

Palin appeared unaware of what was going on directly behind her, though she did seem to take a glance at the unfortunate event at one particular point during the interview.

"It's nice to support a local business and just participate in something that isn't so heavy handed politics that invites criticism," Palin said during the interview. "Certainly will probably invite criticism for even doing this too, but at least it was fun."

"I am always in charge of the turkey so I am where I need to be today to prepare for that," she also said.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
soundoff (1,391 Responses)
  1. Kenneth

I sure hope y'all Repubs make her the head of your party. We Dems can rule for the next 8 years if you do. Wink Wink.

November 21, 2008 01:27 pm at 1:27 pm |
  2. B-Tan

The real problem with this video is that there wasn't someone on the second machine. C'mon People! Let's be efficient!

On a better note, yum yum to the Turkey.

November 21, 2008 01:27 pm at 1:27 pm |
  3. mmd

I see palin still has not spent anytime trying to learn how to construct a simple sentence. It is almost like listening to someone who speaks a different language. Sometimes I thank the media for not allowing us to forget what could have happened. Thank god there is a god. No Palin.

November 21, 2008 01:28 pm at 1:28 pm |
  4. Em

A reporter was asking Palin about state programs "on the chopping block." You can't make this stuff up.

November 21, 2008 01:28 pm at 1:28 pm |
  5. G.R.I.T. - Girl Raised in the South

OMG – really, nothing this woman says makes any sense grammatically. What is she trying to say? Please make her shut up. BTW: Nice Burberry scarf ya got there – part of the shopping spree? Or is it a knock off?

November 21, 2008 01:29 pm at 1:29 pm |
  6. Michael MacArthur

spoken like the turkey she is!

November 21, 2008 01:29 pm at 1:29 pm |
  7. sensi johnson

what else is there to say but DUMB!
    I think it is about time that someone tell this governor to zip it.
    Bobby Jindal please take over your party!

November 21, 2008 01:29 pm at 1:29 pm |
  8. Rich, CA

This woman is an idiot, and I'm so glad she's going back to Alaska and not Washington. We've had enough idiots for 8 long years, we don't need any more.

November 21, 2008 01:29 pm at 1:29 pm |
  9. Ryan

Once again CNN. Why is this news? There are a billion issues with our country right now and you keep bringing up Palin. Please for the sanity of this nation... STOP!

November 21, 2008 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  10. Clint

You people are ridiculous. How in the world do you think turkeys get like that when you buy them in the grocery store? Democratcs = total pansies. Deal with it. How do you think we survived as a species? By killing and eating other lifeforms, that's how. Shut up and grow up!

November 21, 2008 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  11. Gene

What a turkey and I don't mean the one getting pardoned or the less fortunate ones.

November 21, 2008 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  12. Laurel

So it's all about fun, but fun for whom?

November 21, 2008 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  13. Nick

And this is what flies in Alaska?

*sings* One of these things isn't like the other 48.

I'll leave Hawaii out of it, they seem to have their own issues with natives trying to reclaim the palace and stuff.

November 21, 2008 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  14. Christine

You know, I am actually really starting to feel a bit sorry for this woman. I know that its become popular to "Palin-Bash", and as someone who did not support her politics during the campaign, it was easy to see that some of the blunders she made were self-imposed.
    However, it does seem that she seems to step in it a bit too much to all be her fault- I think that she must be a victim of always being in the wrong place at the wrong time, as well.

November 21, 2008 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  15. Democrat Against Pelosi

...this matters why?

November 21, 2008 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  16. Jo-Ann in New York

The video is worth a thousand words!!! Oh My!!!

November 21, 2008 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  17. You can't make this up

Now watch the righties try to blame this on liberal media bias.

Hilarious!

November 21, 2008 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  18. Paul

It's not the Turkey Slaughter that is disturbing, it's Gov. Palin's sentence structure. "Certainly will probably"? It's painful reading the words that come out of her mouth. She was nearly the next Vice President of the Unithed States. It baffles me.

November 21, 2008 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  19. Dave C - NJ

As I sit here in my Ivory Tower Of Judgement, I noticed that she has aged terribly in the last few months...

lol

November 21, 2008 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  20. Greed is not good

Sarah Palin is the most aloof, clueless politician ever...

Please enough already....why does the national media obsess so much over her?

November 21, 2008 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  21. me

Not that this in itself is news, just shows how broken this woman's entire operation is. This is amateur night stuff.

I hope and pray to the Great Flying Spaghetti Monster that she is the 2012 Republican nom.

November 21, 2008 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  22. James

Could we please stop hearing from and about this woman. She continues to demonstrate why America voted not only for Obama, but against McCain/Palin.

Palin, please go away.

November 21, 2008 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  23. Christine

One more thing- you just KNOW Tina Fey has to come back and do this one....

November 21, 2008 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  24. EG

haha, it IS a fake burberry scarf...bahahahaha

November 21, 2008 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  25. FreeNLovIt

That is why one turkey is pardoned!!! Ah the beauty of pardoning :)

November 21, 2008 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |